Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? (1525 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / . / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by PastorAIO: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
The Bible teaches you how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go. Lol. Thanks for sharing.

His statement that almost half of US scientists believe in God took me by surprise. He goes on to say this God is for their spiritual upliftment and being, not necessarily the Bible's God.

He notes that the US constitution has no mention of God apart from a single instance - - some Greek/Latim text I didnt quite get. He says the founding fathers believed that if a government was built on a God, then it become unstable. It restricts the freedom to believe in whatever one chooses to believe. He emphasizes the need for society to build themselves upon solid, objectively verifiable truths. And after these have been agreed upon, people are free to pick whatever religion or belief system they desire.

This is a video that should be played in the imported flatscreens currently lodging in Aso Rock and other government offices. Maybe it could help them start thinking, though I doubt that.

2 Likes

Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
Oga Aio, how body? I say make I do small summary for our ppl wey data limit no go gree make dem watch. grin
If only faith could remove those restrictions. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by PastorAIO: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
musKeeto:

He notes that the US constitution has no mention of God apart from a single instance - - some Greek/Latim text I didnt quite get.

The Latin part was Anno Domino 1779. Meaning the year of our lord. That is the only reference to God in the US constitution.

1 Like

Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by PastorAIO: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
musKeeto:
Oga Aio, how body? I say make I do small summary for our ppl wey data limit no go gree make dem watch. grin
If only faith could remove those restrictions. lipsrsealed

Body dey inside cloth. You do well ojare.
Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by oluwalfa: 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
musKeeto:

He notes that the US constitution has no mention of God apart from a single instance - - some Greek/Latim text I didnt quite get.

Anno Domini

Year of Our Lord. AD.

1 Like

Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
Thanks.
Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by alentyno: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
musKeeto:
Thanks.
Avoiding my question? grin
Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson - Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
I watched this video so months back, its cool.

There is another one. 'Neil deGrasse tyson on stupid (intelligent) design'

neil deGrasse tyson on'disrupting philosophies

neil deGrasse tyson on religious people.

When he said 'half of the scientist believe in god' he was actually reffering to the scientist in the west coast of USA, i think he later mentioned it.

he always find it hard to answer that question, his beliefs are that of an atheist but he preffered to be called an agnostic because he doesnt want to be involve in the movements and not ready to bear the burden of a (black) atheist. He said the only -ist he is is a scientist.

(1) (Reply)

Rilwayne001, Yazach Etc Do You Think Its Time To Have A "New Testament" Koran? / The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ / David Ibiyeomie of Salvation Ministries Showers His Staff With Christmas Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.