Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Power Of Words - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Power Of Words (709 Views)

The Power Of Punctuation / The Foolish Dictionary:100 Hilarious Meaning Of Words / Photo: The Power Of The Mind! Weird But Interesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Words by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Disclaimer: some informations here are not solely mine.

Helo guys you are blessed seeing this post thanks to Oga Seun and Nairaland team who made this happen and lucky are u al knowing a site like this.

What am here to share with you guys is the end product of numerous research, observations, evaluation and conclusion. Am no lazy being jst wana improve my life and the lives of people around me.

Religion says that the Earth was created with words, science and psycology make us understand that words induces action. Elaborating the later, permit me to say that words are underestimated as being central to thought and behavior processing as well as decision making. "Pen is mightier than sword" who ever said that definitely knew what he was talking about. To humans, words are more than a means of communication, they can shape our beliefs, behaviors, feelings and ultimately our actions.

Words cannot change reality, but they can change how people perceive reality Words create filters through which people view the world around them. A single word can make the difference between liking a person and disliking that person. If a friend describes the person you are about to meet for the first time as untrustworthy, you will be predisposed to view that person as untrustworthy, regardless of the person's actual level of trustworthiness. The single word "untrustworthy" creates a filter, or primacy effect, that predisposes you to view the person you are about to meet as untrustworthy. Thereafter, you will tend to view everything that person says or does as untrustworthy.

'How will this change my life?' is a very gud question. Wel, beloved, the motive is to help you al acknowledge and know how and why u need to brandish that Godgiven (or nature invested for atheists) power of words in your interactions and communication with yourself and the world at large to promote understanding and tolerance for world cohabitation.

And also make you understand that you can take hold of that situation; relationship, job etc and talk it into something that works.

Dr. Frank Luntz, author of Words That Work: "It’s not what you say, It’s what people hear describes the decision making process and communication based on feeling rather than information. “80 percent of our life is emotion, and only 20 percent is intellect, says Luntz in a PBS interview. “I am much more interested in how you feel than how you think. I can change how you think, but how you feel is something deeper and stronger, and it's something that's inside you. How you think is on the outside, how you feel is on the inside, so that's what I need to understand" wow! Ok guys words induces feelings and feelings induces action not solely intellect.

Take it this way an emotional speaker drives much force than just an intellectual speaker i mean someone who's got emotions attached to a topic can deliver and drive the required force in the audience beta than just an intellectual speaker who only have the logical vibes.

Now words can do so much ranging from the beef you spit, to that sweet nuthin you say to your spouse.

When you look at the earth from the moon it looks like a colourful round sphere: reflecting blue water, green trees, and yellow land. These are components of the earth. We all reside there but look at the whole universe and we are just one spherical unit. If you asked a neighboring planet to describe us, they would say we are Planet Earth people.

We are individuals but we are governed through a single universe. We all may have different facial structures and different colour hair but we are all one. You may call the universe a mastermind.How does your mind work?

Human creation is a mystery. No one will ever know the reason behind it because not everything is meant to be revealed. We are familiar with the law of attraction- whether you believe it or not, are conscious of it or not, it is working and is working with everyone present here. You were attracted to this post because you needed this or maybe I attracted you soIcould learn something from you. This goes on.

How words help mold your future or trouble you:

There is no such thing as a truth or a lie. There are only intentions.
Words are powerful. It is why we should not curse. The universe does not know other people, it only knows you and everything you tell it, it remembers.

Words and intentions have power.
After reading this post, I truly hope that you will continue with powerful words like,

WOW, WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY! I AM HAPPY

THAT’S AWESOME, I REALLY LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE SITUATION

I AM HAPPY AND CONTENT

I AM FULL OF ABUNDANCE AND GRATITUDE

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, YES, YOU TRULY ARE

Say this to yourself or to others. You are simply saying this for yourself. And when you appreciate everything, you are ultimately appreciating yourself

Mehn my finger don red

In my own opinion. I think that teachers and lecturers must acquire a degree in psychology to enable them utilize and acknowledge the power of mind and words control to make teachin effective.

Some olodos have psychological issues, is a fact. I know some livin testimonies.

So feel free to air your views on this issue
Re: The Power Of Words by Chazzyboy: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
What to do in situation when someone u offended coursed u or maybe used strong words against u
Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
Chazzyboy:
What to do in situation when someone u offended coursed u or maybe used strong words against u

I forgot to include that spells and curses are orally transmuted

might interest you to knw that every single word counts

you see that curse you beta openly and orally reject it

(1) (Reply)

It Is Urgent , Can Anyone Pls Supply Me Skye Bank Ikirun Sort Code? / . / How Was Your Jamb Exam???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.