Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Experience Riding Home Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience Riding Home Today (705 Views)

Man Spotted Riding A Bike Unclad On The Highway (Photo) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / Photos: Ebola Scare! Lagosians Stay At Home (TODAY PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Riding Home Today by donigspain(m): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
6th November, 2014.

So I was coming back from work today all tired and famished. I had my mind set on getting home and pouncing on any available meal I could lay my hands on. Yea, I'm a bachelor, you know; we don't usually have too many options.grin

I walked down to the nearest bus stop from my office to see if I could get a bus heading my direction. Few minutes later I saw this 'danfo' (as Lagosians commonly refer to the Volks Wagon bus) speeding towards me. In the typical Lagos fashion, I jumped into the bus and made my way to the only vacant seat at the back row.

"Wheew, thank God I'm finally settled. Not long I will be home," I thought to myself as I looked around surveying my fellow passengers to be sure I'm not in a "one-chance" ride. It was in this "safety first" activity that my eyes caught this fresh, handsome and fashionable guy. Oops! Too much description, I guess. Abeg, I no be gay o but dude fine sha.

Oya, back to the matter. As I fixed my gaze on him, I could not help but wish my creator had been a better artist than he was at the time I came under his knife. I saw me comparing myself to this prince charming before me. At that instant his phone rang. His conversation with the person on the other end was interesting and, yes, it was a lady's voice. Hehehe, I be amebo abi? I couldn't help it.

He spoke with such good accent that made me conclude he's got the whole world in his hands. As the bus galloped along the busy Mobolaji Bank-Anthony way towards Maryland so was I flying deeper into thoughts of how my creator could have perfected his internship training before experimenting with me.

"Maryland Bus-stop" bellowed the bus conductor. "Owa" the handsome guy replied signifying his decision to alight at the next bus-stop. A moment latter the bus swerved to a halt at the bus-stop and that was when everything changed! Mr handsome stooped, brought out two crutches from below him, painstakingly helped himself up and made his way down the bus. Apparently, his legs were paralysed waist down from what I assumed to be caused by the poliomyelitis virus. You could have seen the look of shock on my face which was latter accompanied by the feeling of remorse over my earlier stupid thoughts.

Don't bother asking, lesson learnt. I have already made up with my perfect Creator; a virtuoso He is.

#DonigspainSpeaks #AcceptYourself #AppreciateYourself #LoveYourself #ThankGodForYou

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Riding Home Today by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Your experience in a danfo bus while going home.

SUMMARY,be contented with how you are,God knows why he created you the way you are.
Re: My Experience Riding Home Today by dryakson(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Ok
Re: My Experience Riding Home Today by Texykool: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
Lesson learnt... Be careful what you wish for.

Nairaland cheesy
Re: My Experience Riding Home Today by donigspain(m): 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Odilafta:
Your experience in a danfo bus while going home.

SUMMARY,be contented with how you are,God knows why he created you the way you are.
Yeah bro, no be like say I bad o. Me na fine bobo, with a good build and height. I gallant wella. But sometimes person go just see someone wey be like sey dem bake am for oven. No be us wey dem roast for fire! Lol...
Re: My Experience Riding Home Today by flywheel(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donigspain please can you send me dragnet past questions I need it urgently thanks. igweshimichael@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

See The New 100naira Note / WERE REOOO! Woman Found Sleeping On BRT Lane (see Photos) / Nairaland: To Whom It May Concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.