Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. (541 Views)

Thief That Stole From Chuch Has Being Beaten Almost To Death [see Photo] / She Stole From Me. After All I Did For Her. [pics] / Thief Ordered To Stand Outside Store She Stole From With Sign Admitting Her Guil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
My Humble self is Daminabo Daniel, mtn decided to steal from Nigerians and they stole from me and will not go free this time. My Story:
I use mtn Zone: for some time I noticed that they overcharged me on calls I make, not until today Thurday 6th of November did I notice the act of theft clearly. I wanted to make a long call but decided to wait till the zone rate is low, sometime in the afternoon I saw it was down to 8k per second so I decided to make the call. Unfortunately the call lasted only 15 seconds and 3Naira was deducted from my account. Doing the maths I discovered that they billed me 20k per second (instead of the 8k that they sent before my call went through). I immediately called customer care knowing that this was wrong. I told their representative that if they didn't give me a reasonable explanation on why they overCharged me I will take two actions. 1: send a complaint to MTN Nigeria through Nairaland and when this hapens: my case will be nationwide. 2: I will take the matter to court.
The gentle speaking woman was able to explain that the zone had discounts that is not fixed, besides that there is a code to enjoy this zone but I didn't activate the code. (I cut her here) and told her that mtn advertizes a product without telling you about any code. I didn't see any code. That millions of Nigerians get robbed through this. (She cuts in) and says most people just subscribe to the zone without calling them (mtn) to verify if there is any code. (I cut in) I explain to this woman! That as far as before I made the call, I was told that my call will cost 8k per second: after the call mtn charged 20k per second witout informing me, then that's theft. If they don't want me to benefit from the zone because I didn't text the HIDDEN code, then they shouldn't have given me the benefit of the zone (I.e they shouldn't tell me my call I'll be charged at 8k per second (benefit) they should just charge me at normal rate till I subscribe for the zone benefit.
She later apologised and hung up.
So I'l have to take the right actions to fight for my right.
For the fact that MTN told me I will be charged at 8k per second and charged me 20k per second witout informing me in anyway, that is super theft.
Randomly: in a day I spend at least 100N credit that amounts to over 36,000 annually. Instead of charging 8k, if they charge 20k this will amount to about 20,000 worth of theft in a year. MTN boasts of over 50mil subscribers of which about over 5mil belongs to the Zone. So if they steal 20, 000 from over 5million NIGERIANS in a year: do the maths.
I have posted this here as I told their online customer representative and I demand a letter of apology from MTN and due Compensation for stealing from me.
In exactly 24 hours if there is no response from MTN nigeria, Court action will be taken as my lawyer (Ogolo L, Arthur and associates) has already prepared my case.
If a Company steals globally they should remember that the world is now a global village. I can raise a topic anywhere and it goes everywhere.
As a concerned CITIZEN of the Federal Citizen Of Nigeria: I pray the right autorities will step in and help: think of the millions of Nigerians MTN robs everyday.
God Bless Nigeria..
Cc: MTN Nigeria
:Nigeria Communication Commission
:Sen. Gilbert Nnaji
The Chairman, Senate committee on Comunication
: Honourable Ibrahim Shehu-Gusau - The Chairman, House of Representatives’ Committee on Information and Communication Technology (ICT)

Daminabo Daniel.
Contact.
(080319792**) krisdanipr@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. by jayewalex: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Bro... Nice one i really support you MTN Take 400 from me without doing anything i call customer care na lie dem pack for i vex go port my sim card with etisalat... Even etisalat is not favourable but i dey enjoy them pass this thief MTN upon that dey will still be doing road show and advertise rubish... Nigerians Should take action and voice out...
Re: Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
those guys don rub me blind,though I am not on their zone package,Ndidi bu ije uwa
Re: Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. by Krak(m): 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
I really support this.

(1) (Reply)

PUNCH Wins Newspaper Of The Year Again / »photos: Ibinabo Fiberesima The Bride… / Naija Police And Money Sha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.