Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids (7111 Views)

Something You Never Knew You Could Do With Your Seat Belt / See How Kenya Man Use Seat Belt / 24,000 Polaris Slingshots Recalled Due To Seat Belt And Seat Slider Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by AutoJoshNG: 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2019

Seat belt entanglement is one of the 5 Ways Kids Can Get Hurt When Inside A Car. As we’ve stated before, kids easily get bored and will always reach out to the nearest thing to them to play with.

A child within reach of a seat belt may become entangled if he or she pulls the seat belt all the way out and wraps the belt around his or her head, neck, or waist. In some cases, this resulted to very serious injuries on kids.

Seat belt entanglement can happen if you do not properly restrain your child, for example, if you let the child lie down or sleep on the vehicle seat instead of being properly restrained. Older children who are no longer in a car seat can become entangled by pulling a seat belt all the way out of the retractor or by playing with an unused seat belt.

Below are ways to prevent kids from being entangled by seat belts

1. Do not let children play in or around cars.

2. Always ensure children are properly restrained.

3. Teach children that seat belts are not toys.

4. If a child has an unused seat belt within reach, buckle unused seat belts.

5. Never leave your children alone in or around a vehicle for any reason. Seat belt entanglement can happen in the blink of an eye.

Source: https://autojosh.com/seat-belt-entanglement-kids-car/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by trendymarseey(f): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
k
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by SoftP(m): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
The Poster above me must be a crook '

I won't forgive u, that FTC was meant for me...

Who slap me

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by realstars: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
Seat belt is not what we should be shouting about.
I think I started useing it when I was 2½ years.

I am still thinking about my sister in south African.
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by Rakitic004: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
noted
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by Helpfromabove(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
OK thanks ,but this ur write up na copy and paste o

Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by trendymarseey(f): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin no vex...better luck next tym wink
SoftP:

Who slap me
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by sonnie10: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
Just use car seat
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Thanks OP.
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by KoladeJames(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
nice
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by dheaven: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
The post is good but not rich in content.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by pattern100(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
SoftP:

Who slap me
Pls,is anything attached to this FTC
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by Christophorus(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
The way your posts fly to the front page even before you upload them makes me smell roasted fish in the fire.

I didn't say anything.

Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by Fixed: 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nice and quite educative AutoJosh.

But then, always ensure you avoid plagiarism in part or in full. At the least, reference the source when you copy other peoples' works even if modified to fit your purpose.
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by CaptainFM1: 1:27am On Sep 05, 2019
Have a jack knife ready in the car.
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by thisnaijaguy: 6:33am On Sep 05, 2019
This is Very Important

But sadly, most people don't even use seatbelts

They think it's only for the driver and front seat passengers
Re: How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids by Vision4God: 6:21am On Sep 06, 2019
D seatbelt in most Commercial cars are either not working or not der at all.
Some1 entered this vectra opel and was asking d driver to fix d back seatbelt. The driver said what's her problem, na front people she suppose de worry for, back one no get function
thisnaijaguy:
This is Very Important

But sadly, most people don't even use seatbelts

They think it's only for the driver and front seat passengers

(1) (Reply)

URGENT: Need Oven Baked Painting In ABUJA / Is The Volvo S40 Good For A Ist Car For A Student / Hyundai Faces N165 Million Suit Over Alleged Supply Of Defective Automobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.