Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design (25768 Views)

Lenovo Makes Exact Copy Of Iphone 6 Design / Lenovo S90 Sisley (beast) With Pics / Price And Availability Details Of Iphone 5C and 5S In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Paspane: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
supporter of APC
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by frehage: 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
Waiting for Naija's own smartphone giant.
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by xtervaganza(m): 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
supporter of APC
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Ninilowo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2014

1 Like

Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by kalunomics(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Would love it if it makes the iPhone6 design affordable to all
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Lstar4real(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
Can this phone dancegate? as iPhone is bentgate? Abi na bendgate them call am
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by biikeys(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Seun:
Well, their rip-off of the iPhone 6 is less ugly. They fixed the antenna lines; something Apple failed to do. Isn't that a form of innovation? smiley

Well..design is one thing, performance is another
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
That is a Chinese company for you, even copying is supported by their government. u
Unfortunately, apple won't sue them as the phone can never make its way to USA I.e its no threat to apple. Lenovo is a small player in the mobile world and such wouldn't shake apple unlike Samsung
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
booqee:
janja weed

Wetin dey worry dis babe sef??!!
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
booqee:
janja weed

Wetin dey worry dis one sef??
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by gbodimowo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
testingout supporter of APC

i wrote jan. ja. weed. and got the above
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Dyoungstar: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
supporter of APC

Haba!

How can j.a.n.j.a.w.e.e.d be a supporter of APC?
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Bawss1(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
wealthschemes:
That is a Chinese company for you, even copying is supported by their government. u
Unfortunately, apple won't sue them as the phone can never make its way to USA I.e its no threat to apple. Lenovo is a small player in the mobile world and such wouldn't shake apple unlike Samsung

It's true the phone won't be sold in the US but Lenovo is a fast growing company and presently the fourth largest phone maker in the world. It is certainly not a small company. This fact also makes this copycat behaviour all the more shocking.
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Omolola1(f): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lenovo, but why??
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by DAvIt0(m): 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
Seun:
Well, their rip-off of the iPhone 6 is less ugly. They fixed the antenna lines; something Apple failed to do. Isn't that a form of innovation? smiley

It's still innovation jare....
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by nurmanteasynoni: 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Janja weed
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Tinyemeka(m): 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
booqee:
ok I just wanted to use the opportunity to test the rumour I've been hearing. shocked That the word jan.ja,weed has been censored on nairaland! if you type j,anjaw,eed it will be changed to supporter of APC!!! Ssseunn na wa
supporter of APC!
Jisos!
It's true O! angry
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by demsid(m): 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
Its cool if they can copy everything inside out, n make d price cheap. I'll buy it.
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by emeraldlife: 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Let me correct some impression here:

Lenovo copied Iphone in their design but was quick to acknowledge that (I would provide a link through GSMARENA and PHONEARENA later)

Xiaomi has been the apple of China through apple's in house design and software modification (if u like) and apple has not said or press charges against them. (Its just competition against samsung to halt its sale in. The U.S. Apple obviously didn't see the Xiaomi, Mezu and the rest as direct competitor).

Read below from Cnet on apple patent claims:
What patents were involved?

There were seven patents at issue in the latest case -- five held by Apple and two by Samsung. Apple accused Samsung of infringing US patents Nos. 5,946,647; 6,847,959; 7,761,414; 8,046,721; and 8,074,172. All relate to software features, such as quick links for '647, universal search for '959, background syncing for '414, slide-to-unlock for '721, and automatic word correction for '172. Overall, Apple argued that the patents enable ease of use and make a user interface more engaging.

I don't actually think samsung has ever copied apple phone design (The copyright infringment by samsung in 2011-2012 was mainly on software). Design had little or no significance in the court. May be its copyright issues involving patent right (Microsoft is actually battling with samsung over patent right or what I may call breach of contract agreementin the New York right now).

So please stop being an apple fan boy @OP. Lenovo's strategy here is to catch up with Xiaomi in China.
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by sage2(m): 12:36am On Nov 08, 2014
j-a-n-jaweeds in action
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Lekan247: 12:40am On Nov 08, 2014
Suntemi:
And if you must copy must you make it very obvious too?

I will not be surprised if I take a closer look and find iPhone written on it. Lenovo reminds me of my secondary school days when some people will copy and also write the name of the "copiee" in their answer sheet.
[img]http://1.bp..com/--XkdQA0DcxM/VFxzTI_F5_I/AAAAAAAAAE8/UOu4AD8U7l4/s1600/Jajsjsjs.jpg[/img]
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by StarboyMichael(m): 2:40am On Nov 08, 2014
Maybe Lenovo is clueless
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 08, 2014
awesome design
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by LordReed(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2014
wealthschemes:

Third largest phone maker in the world is a small player?

2 Likes

Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by JurassicPark: 11:48am On Nov 08, 2014
Apple can never win this case grin

The design features aren't patented trademarks. If they are, then Apple will have to sue many other phone companies

Good Job from a top brand- Lenovo
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by Adminisher: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
texazzpete:
Remember the Apple-Samsung lawsuit about the claims that Samsung ripped off iPhone and iPad designs for their Galaxy phones and tablets in 2011? Well, here's a more blatant case of copyright theft.

Even worse, Lenovo went further to rip off the wallpaper. See a comparison image with the iPhone on top

Lenovo is now owned by the Chinese. Expect more of these kind of copy technology. They will be sued many times, pay the fines (billions of dollars) and still go on doing what they like to do.

Same port and speaker hole placement.

Android Authority published an article highly critical of Lenovo

http://www.androidauthority.com/lenovos-s90-sisley-iphone-6-copy-564318/

Basically the article is angrily condemning Lenovo - a giant company that's one of the top PC and mobile OEMs in the world - for lazily ripping off the iPhone 6 design.
Re: Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design by arnold123: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
I phone is crappy and it is very costly when in actual fact all does the same thing, it is just a different design ur paying for, not its features, let their be no confusion from apple and lenovo, just let apple watch and learn grin honestly I wud rather buy that lenovo device dan a stewpid apple device

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transform Your Android Into Lollipop / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone / I Lost My Huawei Y9 Prime In Tricycle This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.