Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (25797 Views)

How to Track A Stolen Android Phone / How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes / How Do I Trace My Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Techcribsblog(m): 2:42am On Oct 31, 2018
If your android device have been stolen and you are thinking of changing the pin to your google account before locking the stolen phone, that is a bad idea. The reason is that the stolen phone must still be linked with your google account so that the phone will be able to be tracked.
So follow to steps below to disable your stolen phone.
We are going to learn two method’s.

Step 1: Use Android Device Manager. Visit [url]google.com/android/devicemanager[/url] , then signin to your google account to access the settings of your stolen mobile device.

After signing in the number of phones connected to your Google account will be listed out.
As long as the location of the stolen phone is turned on, it should be marked on the map as In the image below.
TAP “Lock,” “Disable,” or “Erase all Data” if they are availablin the platform.

Step 2: If you are using Samsung device.
There is no need of stressing your self, kindly go to the Samsung help portal and sign in using your Samsung account. If the phone that was stolen was a Samsung phone and you logged In using your Samsung account.

kindly visit [url]findmymobile.samsung.com/[/url] and log in to that account. Select your device on the left to track the phone’s location, lock it with a new password, or wipe all its data permanently.

Source >> http://techcribs.com.ng/how-to-disable-a-stolen-android-phone/

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Realboygenius(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
This is cool feature
I can try on my Tecno Camon X Pro.

3 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by felix55(m): 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
incomplete writeup...oop answer this... wat if d GPS is not on when the phone was stolen , can he or she access d phone ? let others learn o.

9 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Techcribsblog(m): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2018
felix55:
incomplete writeup...oop answer this... wat if d GPS is not on when the phone was stolen , can he or she access d phone ? let others learn o.

The "location" must be on b4 trying to track the mobile phone. If the location is on the GPS is on

1 Like

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2018
Not helpful kiss

12 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by IMASTEX: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2018
Nice tips
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by tehaday: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2018
hmmm is that so

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2018
Very good thread.

Thanks OP.
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Tallesty1(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2018
Depends on the hand the phone enter sha.

15 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2018
What if they have already reset and erased the data on the phone?,can I still track it?
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Mowoe(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2018
Chances of retrieving a lost android phone are 1 in 200. Someone who steals an android phone would just restore factory settings from Recovery Mode which is as easy as pressing power button and volume up at thesame time and wiping the phone. In my opinion this is where android has failed. You can never do that shit to apple phones.

12 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by peoplesinfo: 9:10am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by sirusX(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2018
If the phone gets formatted or flashed nko?
Isn't there a way to block usage of the phone

6 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by yjgm(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2018
Again, what if the thief decide to erase the phone memory or wipe it out? Discuss.

1 Like

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by johnshagb(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2018
I think xiaomi phones have similar feauture as the Samsung
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Kaybaba5(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Not helpful
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2018
see below
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Olujoe1(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2018
What if the phone is wiped or flashed?
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by inoki247: 9:42am On Nov 01, 2018
u dey disturb yourself can u disable d scrap dem go sell d screen, sell Speaker, Charging point, camera sell d casing sell d component to fix odas dat has problems

7 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by BruncleZuma: 9:42am On Nov 01, 2018
Too late
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by adanny01(m): 9:43am On Nov 01, 2018
Sim lock is one feature that is very good to deter thieves.

I did on my old Infinix device.

I forgot the password, swapped one of my sims and the phone just locked. Returning to the initial sim didn't help me at all

I spent 3 days without a phone because of it. I could answer calls but cannot access anything. During the 3 days i reset my phone 3 times via volume/power buttone but once phone comes up, it is locked.

I eventually was able to remember the password else the phone would only be used for spare parts.

Modified:

The problem with all the other options is that you have to have internet turned on, GPS turned on, have data on the active sim and must be in a data coverage area. Though i donot turn off data, i always turn off GPS for battery saving.

Atleast they should develop an option to turn GPS remotely. I know data will be impossible.

Lastly, for the fact that the status bar is accessable even on screen lock makes all these other methods useless as a thief can turn off data and GPS appart from turning off the phone entirely.

Sim lock is the most effective antitheft in my opinion.

10 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by dasanchez1(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2018
XIAOMI FEATURE SURE PASS.
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by walearoy(m): 9:53am On Nov 01, 2018
Thank you
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2018
adanny01:

I forgot the password, swapped one of my sims and the phone just locked. Returning to the initial sim didn't help me at all

I spent 3 days without a phone because of it. I could answer calls but cannot access anything. During the 3 days i reset my phone 3 times via volume/power buttone but once phone comes up, it is locked.

I eventually was able to remember the password else the phone would only be used for spare parts.
This is by far the best security measure for Andriod phones, I did the same and sometimes gets scared when i type in the wrong pin sometimes or typing with a wet finger but its security tight.
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Speedyconnect15: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
adanny01:

Modified:

The problem with all the other options is that you have to have internet turned on, GPS turned on, have data on the active sim and must be in a data coverage area. Though i donot turn off data, i always turn off GPS for battery saving.

Atleast they should develop an option to turn GPS remotely. I know data will be impossible.

Lastly, for the fact that the status bar is accessable even on screen lock makes all these other methods useless as a thief can turn off data and GPS appart from turning off the phone entirely.

Sim lock is the most effective antitheft in my opinion.

Sorry, that's not true.

A simple flashing with a system will erase the rubbish lock in 5 mins.

2 Likes

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by FEMIAREWA: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2018
Hello house,

Around 05:00hrs early morning on the 18th of June on my way to work, two armed guys robbed me of a black lenovo bag which contains the following items:
1. a black Lenovo laptop
2. An Obafemi Awolowo University File which has my Msc, Bsc, Nysc, O'levels, OND and other important documents in it (all Original because I was taking it for sighting as regard a professional exam I am about taking).
3. a samsung galaxy 7 edge phone with a cracked screen, 3 flash drives.
4. 4 ATM cards (UBA,GTB,FCMB and DIAMOND BANK)
5. A filled ARCHITECT'S REGISTRATION COUNCIL OF NIGERIA form.

All aforementioned documents has the name AREWA FEMI TEMIDIRE on it. Please if any of you should come in contact with my School documents, don't hesitate to call this numbers: 08028426142, 08060177508.

Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by Xano(m): 10:07am On Nov 01, 2018
Techcribsblog:

The "location" must be on b4 trying to track the mobile phone. If the location is on the GPS is on

Telecom networks input something, the GPS is not really off all the time.
No further details.

Techcribsblog, minimize some information you release to readers.
Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by baddosky1: 10:15am On Nov 01, 2018
My own phone can be tracked using any sim introduced into it after the theft via GPS unless the thief will never connect to the internet with it. E go just dey show me where you dey with your phone number!

1 Like

Re: How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone by adanny01(m): 10:15am On Nov 01, 2018
Speedyconnect15:

Sorry, that's not true.

A simple flashing with a system will erase the rubbish lock in 5 mins.

If thats the case, only IMEI is the next option.

It only seems there is no sure help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September / TECNO CAMON 19 Mondrian Edition Among Top 3 Interesting Phones In 2022 / Which BIS Subscription Works On Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.