Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) (1032 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2014
Someone told me this not long ago and I actually gave it a deep thought and believed him.

Come to think of it, we atheist are trying to deny the existence of God So that we can avoid the consequences of sins and sin very well,Which is very true. Be honest with yourself as an atheist you just want to sin That's why you refused to believe in God So that you can feel safe from,the consequences of your sin(hell fire).

Let me give some examples to support my claim.

Take a look at some prostitutes, some of them don't believe in the risks of unprotected sex, So that they can fornicate well and feel safe from the consequences(Stds)of their actions.

The armed robbers and assassins and kidnappers, some of them stopped believing in the armed forces(police,swat,fbi etc) So that they can feel safe from being arrested and continue with their crimes.

The pilots,some of them stopped believing in empty fuel tanks, So that they can feel safe and fly their planes without having fuel in their tanks.

A zoo keeper simply stopped believing lions are carnivorous animals, So that he can feel safe and to avoid being eaten by the lions,so he entered the lions cage to feed it and came out safely because he stopped believing lions are carnivorous.

Likewise some people stopped believing in God,So that they can feel safe and avoid consequences(hell fire) and to sin freely as much as they want to.

They Ar right. We just want to avoid the consequences of our sins and continue in it,as the case is also with other examples.

We are just scared of hell That's why we refused to believe God,likewise the way the prostitutes are just scared of STDs So they refused to believe in the risk of unprotected sex et al.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by kilokeys(m): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2014
i am christian... and i dont buy ur polarized view on this issue.

even atheists innately have conscience, and moral judgements.. there should be alot of atheists and agnostics living morally upright today.

its CONDEMNATION nobody wants to hear

the faster we christians preach more about the love of God and less abt the consequences we better for we all.

i do not sin because i fear hell... i abstain from sin because i love God

u wouldnt wanna hurt someone u deeply love, would u?
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
It only becomes so when the person involve doesn't understand anything about Atheism. When he is tired of looking for answers and not when he has found them. There are sincere Atheists. They claim to have found answers and are not atheists because there are no answers.

1 Like

Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by plaetton: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
Op.
Religion is all about pretense.
Religion pretends to be a moral authority, whereas, a look at history tells us that religion is used to justify injustice , war, discrimination, exploitation, fraud, genocide, etc.

Even in African societies, compare the level of morality, crime and self-responsibility between when we were less religious and today that we are hyper religious.

Again, the Google is your friend.
Simply survey the crime rates of deeply religious countries and compare them with same for secular countries with higher ratio of atheists.

Corruption and standard of living have an inverse relationship.
Again look at global rankings of corrupt nations and tell me if you notice the strong correlation between corruption and increasing religiosity.

How about human rights
Well, again, the worst human rights violators are seen in predominantly religious obsessed countries.
Again, we see an inverse relationship between human rights and the level of religion in any given nation.

Just look at the religious hotbeds of the world, the middle East, and show me the abundance of love and righteousness.

Even here on Nairaland, atheists have proven themselves to be more morally superior by fighting for everyone's rights, women, children, gays, etc. Atheists are the ones that demand justice from the exploitation of greedy and fraudulent Christian pastors.

And on and on and on.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by finofaya: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
@OP. LMAO. Nice one. People just say the weirdest things in the name of God. Nobody will agree that a thief, because he wants to steal joyfully, has denied the existence of the police. However if God is involved they will agree with that and even more.

Oh well. Let me get back to my fornication.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
finofaya:
@OP. LMAO. Nice one. People just say the weirdest things in the name of God. Nobody will agree that a thief, because he wants to steal joyfully, has denied the existence of the police. However if God is involved they will agree with that and even more.

Lol. Actually I saw it in one of the funny videos that seun shared and decided to write something like its transcript.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by ojimbo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
@op. Nigeria, pakistain, iraq is an example or a religous country. Norway, Denmark and cech republic is an example of non religious country. Compare the two and let see who is better off
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
OP sarcasm.. grin
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
finofaya:

Right behind you. grin

#noHomo.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by mumumugu(m): 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
I am mad because there is no psychiatric doctor to cure me
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
musKeeto:
OP sarcasm.. grin

Lol, I remember this argument of yours directed to Josh long ago.

Typical Josh argued we are Atheists cos we want to continue in sin.

You simply asked him if he's a christian and not a muslim because he wants to continually eat pork grin

He never answered the question grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by finofaya: 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
musKeeto:

Right behind you. grin

#noHomo.

Lol. None taken. I hope you aren't right behind me for my woman.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2014
I'm morally upright and i dont even believe in sin.

I think the word 'sin' is used by religion to make people feel guilty about what they do.

i've got christian friends that sin alot, they dont even care. They do their acts on saturday and goto church on sunday to ask for forgiveness, this is stupidity. Why not do what you want to do. Stop living a pretense life.

And one thing about these religious people is that they claim to be moral experts, claim to know everything about human wellbeing when they dont.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Liveair: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
Very stupid post!
You simply lost your mind. You are not and have never been an atheist.
You totally lack understanding of what Atheism is.

From your arguement, it can also be deduced that a christian simply chose christianity so as to "pretend" to lead a happy life.

Atheism is FACTUAL not mythical, and definitely not blind-faith based.
Atheism is not pretentious.
An atheist gets facts, studies them, weighs all possibilities before taking a stand.

Its very clear that you lack information, that's why you swing like a reed.
Next time speak for yourself only.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by benodic: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
keep an atheist side by side with a christian and i will choose an atheist everytime. why?
1. a christian commits a crime he doesn't take responsibility but rather blames it on the devil.
he asks for forgiveness and then commits another one and repeats the cycle.
2. an atheists commits a crime , he accepts responsibility for it. does not blame the devil or God ( as he does not believe in their existence)
he learns from his mistakes and aims at not repeating it and works towards making himself better.

1 Like

Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
Liveair:
Very stupid post!

From your arguement, it can also be deduced that a christian simply chose christianity so as to "pretend" to lead a happy life.

An atheist gets facts, studies them, weighs all possibilities before taking a stand.

Calm down, chief. The Op has sarcasm written all over it.

1 Like

Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
Liveair:
Very stupid post!

Lol.
I am just being sarcastic, isn't it obvious.

Do thieves stop believing in police So that they can steal joyfully?
Do prostitutes stop believing in the risk of unprotected sex,So they can do their job well without any fear?
Its just sarcasm.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Liveair: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Beretta92:
Calm down, chief. The Op has sarcasm written all over it.

I see. Sorry dear, didn't quite get it.
Re: We Are Atheists Because We Want To Continue Sinning.(must Read) by Liveair: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dapo777:

Lol.
I am just being sarcastic, isn't it obvious.

Do thieves stop believing in police So that they can steal joyfully?
Do prostitutes stop believing in the risk of unprotected sex,So they can do their job well without any fear?
Its just sarcasm.

Ah, now I get you. My apologies pls.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Kinds Did Noah Bring Into The Ark, Two Or Seven? / Things God Can't Do / Love Will Cause Us To Prosper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.