Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

How Healthy Is Office Romance? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Healthy Is Office Romance? (6875 Views)

Office Romance... Advisable? / Love And Work- Office Romance / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2006
I would like to know your views about keeping an affair with a girl/lady that works in the office/establishment with you; what are the advantages and disadvantages of such relationships, why do people go into it, and is it healthy or not?

Please lets hear what you have to say about it,
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Coco29(f): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2006
it is not healthy, i personally would never do it i have seen my friends being hurt to many times.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by kenshin(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2006
very dangerous
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by waleleader(m): 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2006
i dont see any problems with office relationships, if ure really serious about it. The only problem is that the break ups are always too messy cos ull see and still discuss office matters wiv the person everyday after u break up
thats not gonna fly wiv me

abeg, i fancy a girl at work so you guys dont say too many negative things grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by dondele(m): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2006
good for a quickie but bad for business.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by bucknor33(m): 1:08am On Aug 07, 2006
That's risky and dangerous.Your job is at risk.I did try it with my immediate superior and she became possesive and deeply in love,wat i just wanted as a quickie bt we ended up in a big trouble.
I know of 2 high placed persons in big establishment who were fired for this act.

Abeg try some other person before u burn your fingers,job dey scares ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by shawna(f): 1:48am On Aug 07, 2006
its not healthy at all if u guys happen to breakup it would be so damn awkward working together
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Izzo(m): 1:50am On Aug 07, 2006
All this trying to get down wth ur work buddy is not really sumtin advisable cos when it all ends u 2 still ave 2 be checking out each other and in some cases wondering if the other party is trying 2 get with some1 else jealousy in the same place.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by iice(f): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2006
Dangerous o
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by waleleader(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2006
bucknor33:

That's risky and dangerous.Your job is at risk.I did try it with my immediate superior and she became possesive and deeply in love. What I just wanted as a quickie bt we ended up in a big trouble.

I know of 2 high placed persons in big establishment who were fired for this act. Abeg try some other person before you burn your fingers. Jobs are scarce oh.

Next time go for people on your level or below you, you sef dey go do Oga.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by anniebear(f): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2006
to me i m,ust say its very dangerous,
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by CuteAngel(f): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2006
[color=#000099][/color] I don't think its advisable cuz if u guz are deeply in love u won't concentrate on ur work. So its better u don't try it so that u won't get ur ass fired. cheesy
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by aleroaruya(f): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2006
its poison! specially if d guy = boss and babe = subordinate. a lady comes 2 c ur boss, maybe his sister or wife u get jealous and when dey leave and ur boss gives u work to do, u'll be very reluctant 2 do it. in short office romance is both good and bad!
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by jazzy(f): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2006
ok now dats a delicate topic and its rily rily dangerous, well ve bin tru one and it was exciting, yeah it was crazy,well cannot precisely give u the hot details but it was gud but when we broke up it wasnt easy 4 me to get ova cos i rily liked him , but then he was asking 4 sex , which wasnta bargain i made with him so kaputa i ran, we still see each oda many times and we re pretty close friends, it a;ll depends on how u can hold urself , we were matured abt the whole thing bt 4 a lady whose prtty emotional , dnt bother cos if there s a breakup , one persons gotta go most likely u sinceit mite b a boss ure dating so its dangerous and i aint encouraging no onw but if u like adventure sure go straight ahead no long thing[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by ify2love2(f): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2006
Office romance is not good for business. It is advisable no matter how emotional one gets to try and control it. Instance resign and carryon with the affair. It just like somebody dating a neighbour. There would be any respect in such a thing (LOVE).
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by uzomaeze(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2006
its messy oooohhh!! especially if you are married and i tell you could put someone in trouble we all know what it brings smiley
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by iice(f): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
huh?
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by lioness(f): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2006
shhh! Y'all. My former flat mate got married to his colleague via office romance. He said he was kidding with her at first, but then he really fell inlove with her. They are still very much inlove. ~~not that i would try it ~~ wink
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by SOJ(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2006
zappking:is ur mind zapped??
anyway,office romance's cool as long u do it purposefully with d intention of marriage. but it can be draining if it is a fling sha cos u'll end up hurting each other and thus create tension in da workplace.i av a few friends who got their spouses in their workplace.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by babaibadan(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2006
Nothing wrong in it if you know how to play your game well. Its quite thrilling! wink
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by hortongate(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2006
I'm involved with a girl at work presently. When she joined the company, i wanted to  make her feel quite comfortable. Chat,tease her, offer to buy lunch and even beg to drive her home even if she lived in Ghana. But i liked her really other than just jiving. One day, after a few months, we were just sitting and chatting in the car after work and i looked at her and felt like kissing her. I actually beged to kiss her. "Just this one time and i wont disturb you again", i begged.  Reluctantly she agreed. We've both been hooked ever since.
Our colleagues can sense our closeness and they just tease us and it ends there.
We've defined our relationship- no sex, maybe everthing else and we comport ouselves properly accordingly.
But the truth is that we've been trying to keep our frienship normal now because we know we're geeting married to other people.
Final Analysis: It could get quite messy with many hearts aching fo a long time.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by feliar(f): 6:29pm On Aug 09, 2006
well the truth is office romance is ALWAYS a very sticky situation and one that can blow up at anytime. cos of this explosive nature most people like to keep off. i know some people thrive on danger but then the more careful would rather not. i have also noticed too that most people who get into these things also know they want to define a certain level of committment. i.e not very serious, to lead to anything more permanent. most do not. some do but i know that most do not. anyway on the real, it's not the very best to get into if you want something more out of it.
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by iice(f): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2006
feliar:

i have also noticed too that most people who get into these things also know they want to define a certain level of committment. i.e not very serious, to lead to anything more permanent.
That's where i think office romance can work, if there are boundaries set and having respect for both involved
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Oracle(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2006
It is as unhealthy as going to hell
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Ebano(m): 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
It can be very unhealthy  and eventually becomes pure toture because the partners become very jealous and posesive to the extent that some  one discusing buisness with the partner becomes a potential flirt suspect
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by lunafish(f): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2006
How healthy? Not very
About as healthy as eatng Big macs daily
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by my2cents(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2006
It depends - if u 2 are pretty much peers at work, i c no problem with it. On the other hand, if one is the boss, then it can get sticky.

From personal experience, it all depends on how you approach it. Me? I tell the woman upfront that it is not leading to a relationship. It's just "doing whatever, whenever". I have never had any rejections. In the end, it fizzles out and we move on, still being friends grin

Then again, thatz my experience. What is good for the goose may not always be whatz good for the gander,
eee saaaaaay! he he
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by pfowighz(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2006
Well its GREAT! particularly if a guy's dating his superior (female) grin AWESOME! A Dream prospect!
Its like a WIN-WIN situ for the guy! cheesy
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Remmzy(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2006
my opinion; 'think ahead so that you wont loose your Head'. to me can't try that! shocked
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by woleprof(m): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2006
office romance, ummm, i think its dirty. i dont find it funny at all.

there wud be no respect angry angry angry
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by Remmzy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2006
@topic
woleprof:
office romance, ummm, i think its dirty. i don't find it funny at all.

there would be no respect   
[b]imagine yourself been loved & respected by a colleague in the office But because of a 5Min's thing you end up been disrespected because of lust. grin[/b]I think its crazy you know! tongue
Re: How Healthy Is Office Romance? by achinu(m): 12:04am On Aug 13, 2006
like the "ABAMI EDA" Fela song states. na Palava u dey find! palava u got get e ooooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Become A Clearing Agent / Which Profession Do You Think Has Been Failing In Its Role In Nigeria? / NAFDAC Closes 27 Water Factories Due To Non-compliance With Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.