Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! (635 Views)

THE BEST Moniker On Nairaland (my Opinion) / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! by Provab: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2014
Ok, so I finally made a post here but I am still as confused as anything. I am new in this forum world and see this

1. It was hard finding where to write a new post, obviously its called 'create new topic' I was just looking for a small box like facebook has. It was only through desperation to post something here I discovered the create new topic!!!

2. Some terms are still confusing to me, terms like
a. Topic
b. Posts
c. Thread
d. Boards
e. OP
f. Mod
g. Trend

3. They said always post according to topic, what if I can't find the topic for what I want to post on or what I want to post on can't be categorized under any topic.

4. Where do topics go to before they make it to front page, and what brings them to front page. And where is the front page cos I just keep hearing people say front page,front page,front page!

ANSWERS to these questions and other tips that would aid me is highly solicited!!!
Re: So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2014
Ok
Re: So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! by BreezyRita(f): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2014
Front page is the home page. The topics or threads that appear there.
Posts are more like comments.
Topics are also known as threads.
Mods are the moderators in each section.... They take topics to their right section, to front page, and maintain orderliness....
Interesting topics are those that make front page.
Op means original poster. You're the original poster in this case. This is your thread.

1 Like

Re: So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! by chibwike(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2014
BreezyRita:
Front page is the home page. The topics or threads that appear there.
Posts are more like comments.
Topics are also known as threads.
Mods are the moderators in each section.... They take topics to their right section, to front page, and maintain orderliness....
Interesting topics are those that make front page.
Op means original poster. You're the original poster in this case. This is your thread.
well explained...thats nice of you..breezy

1 Like

Re: So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! by BreezyRita(f): 10:34am On Nov 08, 2014
chibwike:
well explained...thats nice of you..breezy
Thanks!
Re: So I Finally Made A Post On Nairaland!!! My Challenges!!! by Provab: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks,
You'll obviously notice I am replying this late that cos I didn't know how to get back here but as the saying we goes we all have to learn!

Thanks for the insight bro!!!

(1) (Reply)

Latest International Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas / Corpse Of Jim Nwobodo's Son, Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo Disappears / Why Some People Dey Lie To Make...to Make People Think They Are Living Large

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.