Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Working In A Hotel? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Working In A Hotel? (2528 Views)

Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls / Vacancies In A Hotel At VI / Have You Ever Thought Of Working In Shell Or Chevron?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working In A Hotel? by SarahD(f): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2014
Please house, how do you feel about hotel jobs either as a manager, secretary, cashier, accountant, bar attendant, etc, especially for a female. How is the job and experiences like? Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Working In A Hotel? by Debbyug(f): 10:38am On Nov 08, 2014
Its a cool job....have had experience working in hotels as a receptionist,cashier...twas worth it..just be composed and stay focuse... there is absolutely notin wrong with working in hotels.... its fun...u can always meet different characters trooping in,Dignitaries... people of different caliber Nd possibly u might get good contacts dear.

2 Likes

Re: Working In A Hotel? by bravolad(m): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Well, there is nothing wrong with working in a hotel but for ladies, it predisposes them to a lot of danger and/or influence. Depending on upbringing, your personal disposition towards money & wealth, ability to say no to approaches from money bags, and your personality type, you could work with no problems.

The only snag is when you begin to dine & wine with different guests. From a man's perspective especially in Nigeria, ladies who work in hotels are seen to be easily influenced to yield to men's desires. For some ladies, there's nothing wrong with it but for others, it's an absolutely no no.

If you can stick to your guns, it may represent a good beginning for a career.

1 Like

Re: Working In A Hotel? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2014
Have been privilege to work in a four star hotel as a front desk officer. It was a wonderful experience for me as I play host to many VIPs and celebrities (Sinach, Ini edo, Buchi etc).

But it can be stressful a times because of Night shift, guests complaints and demands etc. For me working in an hotel requires professionalism, alertness, diplomacy and courtesy. I have been tempted by female guests many times but I don't know why I didn't fall (lol).

For you as a lady, its important not to mix sentiment with your duty, especially advances by male guests otherwise your career may be at risk.

1 Like

Re: Working In A Hotel? by SarahD(f): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thanks guys... I appreciate your contributions.
Re: Working In A Hotel? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
I currently work with a hotel now in pH as the Personal Assistant to the MD/CEO. No much stress as I don't work night,only work when my MD is around and the work here is mainly bank errands, conduct interview, type files etc. It is my first job since I finished serving in June and i must say it has helped to settle some monetary problems, coz if i was not working, one would just be frustrated... I Have a b.sc in finance and banking from a federal uni. Hoping for a better job soon sha.
Re: Working In A Hotel? by Debbyug(f): 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
with d rate of unemployment, one could work anywhere just so to avoid idleness....am currently looking for a place to keep myself busy,even if its a hotel work...I can always work as a receptionist, supervisor and d rest of decent ones to keep pocket from getting empty til better ones summers up better dan stayin home at least u re gon get paid...if u got such offer take it up dear and stay focused...better ones on the way..cheers
Re: Working In A Hotel? by Hausa(m): 2:39am On Aug 26, 2020
SarahD:
Please house, how do you feel about hotel jobs either as a manager, secretary, cashier, accountant, bar attendant, etc, especially for a female. How is the job and experiences like? Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
and how was the job?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment (2015 Group B) Exercise / Is There A Vacancy In Your Place Of Work? / N-power Reschedule Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.