Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Careful How You Order: Man Mistakenly Orders $3,750 Wine Thinking It Was $37.50 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Careful How You Order: Man Mistakenly Orders $3,750 Wine Thinking It Was $37.50 (446 Views)

Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / Thinking It Was Another Nairaland Crash When I Saw This Display On my Phone / Photos: Military Officer Orders Man To Frog Jump For Scratching His Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Careful How You Order: Man Mistakenly Orders $3,750 Wine Thinking It Was $37.50 by bobbymishark(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
An occasional wine-drinker asked a waitress to recommend a decent wine for him and his guests at a meeting. She recommended one and said it cost "thirty seven fifty". Thinking she meant $37.50, Joe Lentini ordered the wine and was given a huge bill $4,700.61, including tax.

It was bottle of the vintage wine, Screaming Eagle, Oakville 2011.
‘I asked the waitress if she could recommend something decent because I don't have experience with wine. She pointed to a bottle on the menu. I didn’t have my glasses. I asked how much and she said, “Thirty-seven fifty.” Joe said
When the dinner was over and the waitress brought the bill, Joe, who hadn't paid much attention to the wine, sat up...

read more: http://bobbymishark..com/2014/11/warning-careful-how-you-order-man.html

(1) (Reply)

Delta School That Doesn't Use The Bible To Teach C.R.S / Thread For Batch A Corp Members 2015 / Now You Can “DISLIKE” Anything You Don’t Approve Of On FACEBOOK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.