Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period (2077 Views)

Ovulation Period : Teach Me Ow To Count Plssssssss / When Is "Safe Period?" / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Jayclinics(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
OVULATION
This is the periodical release of an egg/ovum from the ovary. In a female’s ovary, there are about 200,000 potential eggs called primary oocytes at this stage. Among this huge number of eggs, only 400-500 eggs will eventually develop into mature ova during a female’s active reproductive life which begins from puberty to menopause.
During ovulation, only one egg is released from either of the left or right ovaries, except in the case of non- identical twins. The released egg remains at the proximal end of the fallopian tube waiting for a sperm cell to come and fertilize it.

MENSTRUAL FLOW
This occurs after the egg has waited for a sperm cell to fertilize it, when none of these sperm cells shows up, the lining of the uterus which has being prepared to accept a fertilized egg is destroyed together with the egg and they flow out as blood through the vagina. One of my teachers termed it, “weeping menses”. During this period, both the egg and the already prepared walls of the uterus (Endometrium) are destroyed and washed away as the menstrual flow through the vagina. Every mature woman has her own specific date in which the menstrual flow kicks off. Any day that has being naturally assigned to you, the menstrual flow will always last for 4 – 5 days and when that is concluded, your safe period kicks off immediately.

SAFE PERIOD
Just as the name sounds “safe period”. Of course everybody likes anything that is safe because safe means “no danger involved, you are totally free to go ahead with anything you like and no harm will fall upon you. That is exactly what the word “safe period” means.

The safe period I am referring to in this article is the period where the female’s reproductive system is at rest, i.e. on vacation. Just like a shop keeper will turn the sign post on his/her shop’s door from “open” to “close”. That is how the female’s reproductive system will put up a sign post “closed for the period” for any invading sperm cell that has it in mind to fertilize any egg first before others.

During this period, the body will turn its tap of menstrual flow off. These period starts immediately after the menstrual flow must have stopped flowing. The menstrual flow starts from the first day and lasts for 4 – 5 day. The intermediate days counting from the final day of the menstrual flow to 14 days, that is your safe period. Any unprotected sex during this period comes out without pregnancy as the body has not released another egg to be fertilized and the walls of the uterus has no endometrium (The mucous membrane that lines the walls of the uterus in which the fertilized egg (zygote) implants itself). Both the egg and the endometrium has be destroyed and pushed away as menstrual flow.

SOURCE:
http://cliniconomy.com/rel-btw-safe-period/

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Hawx(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
Simple and lucid explanation! Thumbs up!
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Daluuzor(m): 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
grin waaaat!!! if you go ahead with this explanation, hmm, 2face dey learn, na speed of light u take carry belle grin grin
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by prewtyjulie(f): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Really great piece. D oda day my sis askd me sumtin lyk dis n i xplaind 2 ha, i knw i was sayin d ryt tin but d ryt terms were wat i didnt use. If only i read dis den, well THUMBS UP!
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Jayclinics(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks alot peepz for ur compliments, i am highly honoured
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Why does ovulation period makes one so ANGRY? SHORT TEMPERED? EASILY PISSED? crave for intimacy and FOOD?
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Jayclinics(m): 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
missbronze:
Why does ovulation period makes one so ANGRY? SHORT TEMPERED? EASILY PISSED? crave for intimacy and FOOD?

Have you heard about heat period before? Ofcourse when thw egg has being released the female will creep into her heat period and all dis Behaviours u stated above are the behaviours accompanying the period, especially an increased yearn for intimacy
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by stinggy(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
missbronze:

Prolly d 'anger and short-tempered' is from d long wait for sperm to fertile d egg, who knows
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by timijoseph01(m): 11:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
U mean during the ''Safe Period'' no pregnancy..??
Do you think Couples are aware of this.. 14days after Mestrating.. Which means 14days evrymonth,, which may not result in Pregnancy..
What if coincwdntally they av only been having sex within those 14days n expexting pregnancy..??
Do u think they dnt term this as another thing..
Jst saying
Re: The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period by Jayclinics(m): 5:27am On Nov 10, 2014
timijoseph01:
U mean during the ''Safe Period'' no pregnancy..??
Do you think Couples are aware of this.. 14days after Mestrating.. Which means 14days evrymonth,, which may not result in Pregnancy..
What if coincwdntally they av only been having sex within those 14days n expexting pregnancy..??
Do u think they dnt term this as another thing..
Jst saying
Ur observations are true shaa, but i dont think it is possible any couple will be engaging in sex only during this safe period. Even if they are, that is why somebody need to enlighten them.

(1) (Reply)

Here Is The Amazing Herbs That Kills 98% Of Cancer Cells In Just Few Hours / Masturbation Boosts The Immune System Against Coronavirus – Medical Expert / Natural Foods That Boost Brain Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.