Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Omnipresence Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Omnipresence Of God (394 Views)

Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God And His Righteousness / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Omnipresence Of God by Welrez(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2014
I had an argument with a colleague at the office about God's omnipresence. I started the discussion by asking him if he would agree with me that the omniscient quality of God is derived from God's omnipresence, which he agreed with. Then I told him that if God was omnipresent, it means that God is also present in what we call idols because he will have to be present in the idols too to be omnipresent and omniscient. If God was not present in our shrines, it simply removes the omnipresence of God since he is not found everywhere. My colleague didn't say anything more to my argument, but I've not been satisfied with myself. I feel there is a missing link in my analysis (or is it hypothesis?) because I'm yet to hear anybody saying a similar thing. Or have I committed a blasphemy? Please Nairalanders, can you generally edit my thought? I want to see this topic seen from various dimensions. I conceived this thought during the week but have kept it till today to put it up for analysis. Thank you all in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Divine Provision / Jeremy Bentham On Religion / Anatomy Of A Worshipper 1st Year Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.