Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 (1678 Views)

P1663 Fault Code / Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by tboy2k4: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2014
Hi guys. Got my car serviced recently but after a few days, the check engine and VSC indicator lights came on whilst driving. Used my OBD scanner to read the code and P606 ECM/PCM fault code came up. The car still drives ok but I know better to fix issues promptly before it gets worse. Does anyone know where I can get an ECM/PCM replacement.

The only "tampering" the car recently endured was when a roadside rewire messed with the fuse box and we ended up reinserting wrong capacity fuses in the various compartments.

Any useful advise/suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2014
tboy2k4:
Hi guys. Got my car serviced recently but after a few days, the check engine and VSC indicator lights came on whilst driving. Used my OBD scanner to read the code and P606 ECM/PCM fault code came up. The car still drives ok but I know better to fix issues promptly before it gets worse. Does anyone know where I can get an ECM/PCM replacement.

The only "tampering" the car recently endured was when a roadside rewire messed with the fuse box and we ended up reinserting wrong capacity fuses in the various compartments.

Why did you have to go to the fuse box? There's a reason fuses are rated. When a fuse burns there's a faulty component that needs to be checked and the problem resolved b4 the proper rated fuse is re-inserted, so take your story back to the begining.
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by tboy2k4: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
The fuse box was tampered with because the car horns suddenly stopped working on a sunday morning and I thought to get it fixed asap hence the compromising visit to the roadside electrician. That is all...
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by mayor2013: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
Carefully go back to that fuse box and check the "Acradabada" the electrician did. Do a visual inspection yourself. Am pretty sure that is why you are having that code. I jst pray you dont fry up your Ecu through this
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
tboy2k4:
Used my OBD scanner to read the code and P606 ECM/PCM fault code came up.Does anyone know where I can get an ECM/PCM replacement.
Come again. Nothing like P606. You need four letters after the P.
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by chillex8(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Here is what you've got.

P0606

P0606 - ECM/PCM Processor Fault.

Possible causes:

- Engine Control Module (ECM) Harness
power supply circuit is open or shorted
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
Programming
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

What to do:

Check the ECM fuse, if fuse is OK try
erasing the code first and if the code
comes back you may have to
reprogram or replace the ECM/PCM.

When is the code detected?
Indicates the ECM has experienced an
internal memory fault.

Possible symptoms:

- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine
Soon Warning Light)

- Engine may not start

P0606 Description:

The Engine Control Module (ECM)
continuously monitors its internal
memory status, internal circuits, and
output signals to the throttle actuator.
This self−check insures that the ECM is
functioning properly. If any
malfunction is detected, the ECM will
set the code and illuminate the engine
light.

Cheers.
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by tboy2k4: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sorry. Its P0606. Thanks.
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by akayj: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
tboy2k4:

How did you solve this problem as I am currently facing the same challenge.
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by mayor2013: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
akayj:

Refer to multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 if you are in lagos
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by mayor2013: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
akayj:

Refer to multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: P606 Fault Code On My Camry 07 V6 by tboy2k4: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
I haven't solved it yet. Been driving around with the code since then . My dash ain't pretty with all the yellow lights on though. We're you able to fix yours?

(1) (Reply)

AC Installation In A Volkswagen T4- Anyone? / Can VIO Arrest My Vehicle If.. / FRSC Lists 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver Must Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.