Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper (5959 Views)

Nairaland featured in the vanguard / Nairaland Featured On Yahoo Homepage / All Nigeria Newspaper Headlines In One Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Seun(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2006
Page 16 of the Punch, Friday 4th August.

In one of the sites one visited recently, a poll was taken on “Best Performing Governors” and “Worst Performing Governors.” Donald Duke of Cross River State was a recurring decimal as the best performing governor.

If one confines himself to the East, where Enugu State falls, the two worst performing governors were listed as Achike Udenwa of Imo State and Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State. South East governors that made the best governors’ list were Nnamani of Enugu and Sam Egwu of Ebonyi States. But for limited space, it would have been more interesting examining the comments on other governors nationwide.

You may, however, visit the website: www nairaland.com/nigeria, for information on other geopolitical zones. Note that the opinions expressed are personal and are by no means exhaustive. They merely provide objective and reliable leads. I have this strong feeling that former Governor Chris Ngige of Anambra State would have made the list of best performing governors if he were still in charge.

Source: http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200608040163546

This is the second time I know of that our site has been mentioned in the press!
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by nike4luv(f): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2006
thats a great achievement Seun smiley
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by chosenbabe(f): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2006
happy 2 hear dat
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by micklplus(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2006
Thats nice to hear
More power to u seun and keep making it real !

Cheers
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Orikinla(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2006
As far as I am concerned Nairaland deserves to be on the front pages of Nigerian newspapers if only the newsreporters are well informed on the popularity of the fastest growing online forum in Africa.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by waleleader(m): 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2006
This is why we need to take ourselves more seriously on Nairaland and speak sense and not off-points on topics of discussion. Nairaland will help shape the future of Nigeria.

Congratulations Seun and all Nairalanders, im proud to be a part of this insrument of change.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by SirKay3(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2006
All glory be to God
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by toosyno(m): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2006
Am happy to be a part of this.
more grease to your elbow seun.
i're the man.

Keep it up.

UP NAIRALAND,
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by babaibadan(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2006
This is just the beginning for Nairaland. Much greater things await us. I can see each one of us shaping the future of our great nation nigeria and paving way for better growth and development for the future generation of Nigeria. KEEP it coming nairalanders. And seun keep up your herculean task!! More elbow grease.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Hotstepper(f): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2006
I am excited and happy, letz keep it up and talk things that makes more sense now, as in been more serious, lol.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Oracle(m): 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2006
Thatz great anyway, itz really good to actually search for important information and know that you can only find it on Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Rolly: 1:32am On Aug 07, 2006
AWWWWW!!!! thats nice oh!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by shawna(f): 1:34am On Aug 07, 2006
thats great cheesy
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by goofy(f): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2006
Seun u`re really doin a gud job.This is like the first site i`ve seen that discusses serious issues and also serious minded.It brings people together like a family.Really nice being a part of this famly.Love u all Nairalanders.At least this gooooood thing came from NIGERIA wink
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by micklplus(m): 11:18am On Aug 07, 2006
goofy:

At least this gooooood thing came from NIGERIA wink

Good Point !
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Seye(m): 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2006
micklplus:

Good Point !
it should've been "at least ONE GOOD THING came from Nigeria".
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by omobamital(f): 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2006
kudos to seun and a shout out to all the nairalanders out there,
more power to our elbow.

CHEERS
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by c0dec(m): 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2006
"Seun":

This is the second time I know of that our site has been mentioned in the press!

oh really? so now it's our site. lolz
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by thirdeye(m): 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2006
Good to hear this. Hardwork and success breeds more brothers.Sure Seun or whoever is behind this is really working hard.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by deejay1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2006
UP NAIRALAND UP WE NAIRALANDERS[flash=200,200][/flash] shocked cry grin
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Rhea(f): 4:37pm On Aug 07, 2006
Kudos to nairaland.
That's one of the positive attributes of the forum (credible surveys and polls)
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by kellorah: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2006
awww NL, weldone!!!
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by kinzolic(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2006
Gr8 job u guys have come a long way
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by crito(m): 1:33am On Aug 08, 2006
bravo kiss
lets stand up for the champions smiley cheesy
nairaland featuring in the most widely read newspaper kiss cheesy grin.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by crito(m): 1:37am On Aug 08, 2006
bravo kiss
lets stand up for the champions smiley cheesy
nairaland featuring in the most widely read newspaper in nigeria kiss cheesy grin.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by alheri(f): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2006
Well Congratulations to you Seun! May they call you very soon to appear before the president! I think you have done pretty well. But believe me, it is not by power or by might! wink cheesy
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by aderaskeey(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2006
Well that's good.

But wait, why the excitement? Nairaland is in the Top Ten List of Most-Viewed and Most-Visited Websites in Nigeria. Even, it has far more traffic than The Punch. If Nairaland were a daily tabloid, it would sell more than The Punch. LOL

In fact, and I belief very soon these "Pouplar Media" and Institutions should be chasing Nairaland for a space to showcase their paid advertisements. Alexa ranking of Amazon.com ranked NAIRALAND among the 41,000 Most visited websites, among several millions in the world. More popular than many of this "big names". Punch is somewhere around 99,000. In the last 3 months, Naraland has gained more than 12,000 regular visitors while in the same time frame The Punch has lost over 30,000 visitors.

So, why the excitement? even by seun who is a renowned hosehold name on the web internationally? Google-search "SEUN OSEWA" and you would know there are more than 45,000 sesarch results world-wide. Many 'Honourable' Ministers of the Federal republic and Governors do not have that kind of weight and credible name that Seun has built over the last 3 years on the web.

Don't misuderstand me. The Punch is such a people's newspaper, and having been on the web for longer period; has tens of millions of indexed pages, so naturally The Punch has a greater cumulative web weight than Nairaland. Suprisingly, the punch has not a single reviewer on Amazon.com but our Nairaland has at least one there @: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009SR42A/102-1209695-0158507

It is time we appreciate our own value that we carry. We should not wait for CNN to commend us (That, they would sooner or later do) before we appriciate our value.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by beyunce(f): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2006
Ope Oh. yup yup. thank God cheesy

Nairaland was mention dats klkl
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by franknero: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2006
kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am happy to be part of this great house,

lets celebrate,

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Rubbermaid(f): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2006
Congratulations Seun and fellow Nairalanders!

I am relatively new to Nairaland but have been pulled into it ever since I joined. It gives me a medium to openly carry meaningful and sometimes just plain funny or heated discussions with my fellow Naijas from all over the world. I don't think any other site currently offers this to Naijas.

Seun - With this kind of pull you I think the sky is your limit for how you can take advantage of your 'viewership'.
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by Elizabeth(f): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2006
Sky is the limit for us in Nairaland, Seun keep it up!
Re: Nairaland Featured In The Punch Newspaper by clocky(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2006
Typical nija praise singing

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Myth About Female Virginity / Get Coupon Codes Converted To Bet9ja Code / Naija Geniuses ~ Where Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.