Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Experience At The 2014 Lagos Fashion And Design Show. Part 1 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At The 2014 Lagos Fashion And Design Show. Part 1 (567 Views)

Over 200,000 Lagosians Gathered To Celebrate 2014 Lagos Countdown (photos) / The 2014 Lagos International Trade Fair, 7th November, 2014. / 2014 Lagos International Trade Fair - REGISTER NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At The 2014 Lagos Fashion And Design Show. Part 1 by whatstheFUZZ(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2014

Hey folks! For the fashionistas and red carpet lovers, i have a got a real treat for y’all. I got free tickets to witness this year’ LAGOS FASHION & DESIGN SHOW at the Federal Palace Hotel in Lagos courtesy of Fayrouz Nigeria.So here’s the deal… i kinda got to the venue super early (way too early). The show was slated to start by 5pm… but i had to pick up my ticket at the venue and i was of course afraid of Lagos traffic.

Anyways i got to the spot at about 3pm ish and i discovered that the event had two separate centers. One was for the main event meant to kick off by 5pm and the other was were the sponsors of the event had their stands e.g fayrouz, GTB, Maybelline and the fashion designers themselves. I got to see loads of models before they got all glam(ed) for the show. On the real, them girls are skinny though!

I have admit though, i was really impressed with the make shift bar that fayrouz Nigeria had set up at the venue. Although the promises of delivering fayrouz infused cocktail drinks was a myth… ’cause we all got served with just plain fayrouz with ice and well… as for alcohol… we got served plain ol’ Heineken.

Before the main event started, i decided to play with time by taking a look at the stands of each sponsor and participants alike. I pretty much like the arrangement of each stand and the DJ picked the right songs to play. Dude played lovable hits from the 90s… really posh.

But, mehnnnn… the place was super frigging cold. I can’t count the amount of times i had to step out so God’s own sunshine could heat up my bod.LOL

Anyways… it was almost about that time for the main event to start… so i decided to move to the other venue. I got to see peeps get photographed, photogs were all over the place. Models were getting pictured, peeps were getting interviewed by either Spice TV or Ndani Tv.

Read the rest via this link http://whatsfuzzing.com/2014/10/walk-the-runway/

(1) (Reply)

Event Hall In Satelite Town At Affordable Price. / LAGOS CARNIVAL MARRED BY LOW TURNOUT / Pastor Prays Credit Into Members Phones In Church!(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.