Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,674 members, 7,837,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? (5829 Views)

Jesus And St. Paul Condemned Islam, Foretold The Coming Of Muhammad. / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by SirHouloo(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Are you saying the holy spirit was unavailable before jesus was born?

Are you telling me the Disciple should wait in Jerusalem for 500 yrs? When more than 5 generations would have gone after their existence. As a matter of fact, prophet Mohammed (PBUH) wasn't even born in Jerusalem
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by herald9: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

No T.K.O

I'll freak out very soon if they persist to be a cantankerous bellicose grin
case dismissed!

sad
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
You don't use question to ask question..ok?

please answer my question.

SirHouloo:

Are you telling me the Disciple should wait in Jerusalem for 500 yrs? When more than 5 generations would have gone after their existence. As a matter of fact, prophet Mohammed (PBUH) wasn't even born in Jerusalem

And you are telling me to wait for over 4000years after Adam trasgression before jesus was sent to come and die for the adamic sin.?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
herald9:

case dismissed!

sad

LMAO!

grin grin
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Kickair(f): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
olanje:
cool I quite apprec8 all ur contributions so far, I realy enjoy most of ur comments... Pls I wil apprec8 more if we can all argue constructively and not bashing on one another, let's respect each others faith
.... You should av include 'respect each other faith' in quote wen posting... I dont call this contribution... Abeg make una take am easy oo
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Why do you pray despite claiming that you have holy spirit?

Your first claim was that the holy spirit was uavailable untill Jesus ressurect from the dead is'nt it? undecided

Why are you changing your word again?

Whether it dwells in him or not, The holy spirit dwelled in him, YES or NO

You are a joker undecided undecided
the holy spirit was there,but never manifested his work,when the holy spirit dwell in you,you will heal the sick and performed miracle in the name of jesus,david did not do all this, david was a sinner who always pray for forgivness.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

And you think God could inspire confusion or watch men write his inspiration in a way the reader will get confused and splits into 41000 sect/denomination

Why did'nt the messiah come immidiately after the transgression of Adam
God did not inspired confussion like allah did, can you qoute were in the bible were God change his word ? I can qoute in the quran were allah change his prophecy to surpport his lies.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by SirHouloo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:
You don't use question to ask question..ok?

please answer my question.

And you are telling me to wait for over 4000years after Adam trasgression before jesus was sent to come and die for the adamic sin.?

Heb 1 vs 1-3
 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
SirHouloo:

Heb 1 vs 1-3
 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

I'm sorry sir,

Kindly tell me who wrote the book of hebrews.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
the holy spirit was there,but never manifested his work,

If it never manifested his work, why was david praying to God not to take the holy spirit away from him?

when the holy spirit dwell in you

The holy spirit dwell in David, yes or No?

,you will heal the sick and performed miracle in the name of jesus,david did not do all this, david was a sinner who always pray for forgivness.

Really!

So Moses was using magic to perform miracle?

Can you do any miracle at all? undecided undecided
Jesus saud you would do more miracles than what he did, can you walk on sea? undecided

Can you turn water to coke undecided

if you can't, then know that you have no version of your nonsensical holy spirit undecided angry
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
God did not inspired confussion like allah did, can you qoute were in the bible were God change his word ? I can qoute in the quran were allah change his prophecy to surpport his lies.

and how does this answer my question up there,

Are you this f*****lish undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Macelliot(m): 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Following
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Macelliot(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Malvisguy212 and Rilwayne001
Enough of the insult. Must u insults to proves point?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Macelliot:

cheesy

My good friend cheesy
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

and how does this answer my question up there,

Are you this f*****lish undecided undecided
thank you for the insult,since you culd'nt provide were God contradict himself, here is a verse were allah change his mind because he is not all knowing god.

Surah 8:65: “O Prophet! Rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers.” (Yusuf Ali)

allah prophecise that twenty muslims will defect two hundred,and hundred will defect thousand. But the people culd'nt trust allah prophecy, the complain

Ishaq: 326: “Abdullah told me that when this verse came down it was a shock to the Muslims who took it hard. They were afraid, as the odds were too great. So Allah relieved them and cancelled the verse with another: ‘Now has Allah relieved you and He knows that there is a weakness among you, so if there are 100 (rather than 20) they shall vanquish 200.’”

He changed the ratio
from 1:10:
Surah 8:65: “If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers.”

To a ratio of 1:2:
Surah 8:66:“If there are a hundred of you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred, and if a thousand, they will vanquish two thousand.”
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

If it never manifested his work, why was david praying to God not to take the holy spirit away from him?

The holy spirit dwell in David, yes or No?

Really!

So Moses was using magic to perform miracle?

Can you do any miracle at all? undecided undecided
Jesus saud you would do more miracles than what he did, can you walk on sea? undecided

Can you turn water to coke undecided

if you can't, then know that you have no version of your nonsensical holy spirit undecided angry
how many times will i answer this question?

the holy spirit was available, but never was it written in the old
testement that the holy spirit dwell parmamently in someone, it was
after jesus ascended to heaven that the holy spirit lives on the disciple
parmamently.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Macelliot:
can you quote were i insulted him?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
thank you for the insult,since you culd'nt provide were God contradict himself, here is a verse were allah change his mind because he is not all knowing god.

Surah 8:65: “O Prophet! Rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering , they will vanquish two hundred : if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers.” (Yusuf Ali)

allah prophecise that twenty muslims will defect two hundred,and hundred will defect thousand. But the people culd'nt trust allah prophecy, the complain

Ishaq: 326: “Abdullah told me that when this verse came down it was a shock to the Muslims who took it hard. They were afraid, as the odds were too great. So Allah relieved them and cancelled the verse with another: ‘Now has Allah relieved you and He knows that there is a weakness among you, so if there are 100 (rather than 20) they shall vanquish 200.’”

He changed the ratio
from 1:10:
Surah 8:65: “If there are twenty amongst you, [u] patient and persevering, [/u!) they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers.”

[s] To a ratio of 1:2:
Surah 8:66:“If there are a hundred of you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred, and if a thousand, they will vanquish two thousand [/s] .”

Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 66:
For the time being, [however,] God has lightened your burden. for He knows that you are weak: and so, if there be one hundred of you who are patient in adversity, they should [be able to]' overcome two hundred; and if there be one thousand of you, they should [be able to] overcome two thousand by God's leave: for God is with those who are patient in adversity.

Can you see your life now
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

For the time being, [however,] God has lightened your burden. for He knows that you are weak: and so, if there be one hundred of you who are patient in adversity, they should [be able to]' overcome two hundred; and if there be one thousand of you, they should [be able to] overcome two thousand by God's leave: for God is with those who are patient in adversity.

when Allah revealed verse65, why did they complain? Allah know there are weakness in them yet he put such a burden to them, dint he know the people will complain at first?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
how many times will i answer this question?

Is that the only question i asked in that post

the holy spirit was available, but never was it written in the old
testement that the holy spirit dwell parmamently in someone

Can you provide scripture backings to the bolded

Was the OT holy spirit created to be going and coming?

Is the NT holy spirit dwelling permanently in a xtian?

, it was after jesus ascended to heaven that the holy spirit lives on the disciple parmamently.

So the holy spirit was wandering all about before the ascension of jesus right?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Is that the only question i asked in that post

Can you provide scripture backings to the bolded

Was the OT holy spirit created to be going and coming?

Is the NT holy spirit dwelling permanently in a xtian?

So the holy spirit was wandering all about before the ascension of jesus right?
The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament times was selective
and temporary. He was nevertheless working in the lives of people to
do much of the same type of thing as seen in John 16:8-11, though the object of faith was different. In the Old Testament there was the
anticipation of the coming of Christ through the tabernacle, priesthood,
and sacrifices. The point is that the Holy Spirit worked in the hearts of
people to enlighten, convict, and lead people to believe the content of
the message as it existed in Old Testament times. The Holy Spirit
obviously had to regenerate people and He led them, but it was not from the indwelling presence as it is today
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
when Allah revealed verse65, why did they complain? Allah know there are weakness in them yet he put such a burden to them, dint he know the people will complain at first?

When God knows that Adam will eat the apple, why did he planted it in the first place? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Muslims believe that the devil's ultimate aim is to turn us to disobedience and shirk- the association of partners with God; be they demi-gods or whatever. And since the prophets (including Isa; may God's blessings be upon him and who you refer to as Jesus), all preached pure monotheism in a manner that touched the hearts of people, the devil would always send his agents to try to corrupt that message which the prophet had just brought to the people, so as to turn people away from monotheism. Muslims believe that Paul is one of those agents that tried to corrupt the message of prophet Jesus by incorporating pagan philosophies into it.
The devil tried it on Islam too (he's not too bright you see... he will repeatedly use the same strategy if it keeps working). After the prophet Muhammad (saw) died, a jew who claimed conversion to Islam; named Abdullah bin Saba'; travelled far and wide, preaching the infallibility, and subsequently the divinity of Ali bin abi Talib... a cousin of the prophet (saw). Narrations have it that he was executed for blasphemy by the same Ali bin abi Talib who was the Khalifah then. By then, he had disseminated his beliefs over a large part of the rural villages of the muslim world, and some sects today still unknowingly profess some of his ideology.
So you see, to us Paul is just fulfilling the devil's bidding of corrupting pure monotheism, just like Abdullah bin Saba'.
Not trying to argue here. Just answering your question about what muslims think of Paul and explaining the viewpoint.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

When God knows that Adam will eat the apple, why did he planted it in the first place? undecided
are you athiest?
Frewill without option of good and evil, do you still called that freewill? Allah suppose to manifest his miraculose work there,yet he change his mind.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament times was selective
and temporary. He was nevertheless working in the lives of people to do much of the same type of thing as seen

You yourself knows that the bolded is a nonsensical lie undecided
the fact that there are over 41000 sects of xtianity debunked the junk you copied to buttress your point undecided

Try again.

in John 16:8-11, though the object of faith was different. In the Old Testament there was the
anticipation of the coming of Christ through the tabernacle, priesthood,
and sacrifices. The point is that the Holy Spirit worked in the hearts of
people to enlighten, convict, and lead people to believe the content of
the message as it existed in Old Testament times. The Holy Spirit
obviously had to regenerate people and He led them, but it was not from the indwelling presence as it is today

I can't continue repeating myself.

Have a nice day
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
are you athiest?
Frewill without option of good and evil, do you still called that freewill? Allah suppose to manifest his miraculose work there,yet he change his mind.

and you are blind to see the free will given to them that if they are patient and persevering they will surely vanquish their enemy

have a nice day boi
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

and you are blind to see the free will given to them that if they are patient and persevering they will surely vanquish their enemy

have a nice day boi
(1) Why did Allah’s prophecy in Surah 8:65 fail in its fulfillment? (2) Does not this prove that Allah is incapable of seeing through to the
fulfillment of his prophecies? (3) Does not this prove that Allah cannot be the Almighty God as you
claim him to be? (4) Why did Allah abrogate his own prophecy? (5) Why did he replace it with a different prophecy?
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by SirHouloo(m): 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I'm sorry sir,

Kindly tell me who wrote the book of hebrews.

It remains a mystery till date. The writer never mentioned His name.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by malvisguy212: 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You yourself knows that the bolded is a nonsensical lie undecided
the fact that there are over 41000 sects of xtianity debunked the junk you copied to buttress your point undecided

Try again.

I can't continue repeating myself.

Have a nice day
The Spirit’s ministry to people in Old Testament times was not the
same as it has been since the Day of Pentecost. Whatever it was,
the Lord made it quite clear it would be different after Pentecost.
Notice how repeatedly the Lord spoke of the “coming” of the Spirit
(who was already present) in His conversation with the disciples in
the Upper Room (John 15:26; 16:7-8, 13). This indicates both that the Spirit was at work then and that His work would take on a
different character after Pentecost. When the Lord summarized that
contrast He said the Spirit “abides (present tense) with (para) you
and will be (future tense) in (en) you” (14:17). While there is an
alternative reading of the present tense in the second clause, i.e., is
in you, most commentators prefer the future tense.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by SirHouloo(m): 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Why focusing mainly on crushing of enemies when they call it a religion of peace?
We were taught to love our enemies. Christianity isn't just a religion anyway, it is a godly lifestyle and by their fruit you shall know them.
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by Rilwayne001: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2014
SirHouloo:

Why focusing mainly on crushing of enemies when they call it a religion of peace?

Kindly create a new thread and lets discuss this together.

We were taught to love our enemies.

Really!
So you love enemies that are oppressing you?
You love BOko Haram? why don't you stop the Nigerian military from going to fight boko haram?
How have you shown love to your enemies such as BH.

Boko Haram are oppresors and you can't watch them continuosly killing people thats why we have the military combating them.

Had it been you like your enemy such as BH, you ought to stage a protest against military actions biko undecided undecided

Same way the pagan of mecca were killings muslims because of their religion back then in arab, do you want them to watch their entire generation killed?

Tell me why the catholic pope propagate the crusade?

Christianity isn't just a religion anyway, it is a godly lifestyle and by their fruit you shall know them.

Yeah, we can see the godly lifestyle everywhere,
The burning of church members by pastor king
The extortion of money from members to buy private jets
Catholic raising the crusade which claim a lot of lives
Catholic vs protestants war which claim lives that are much more than worldwar1 & 2 combined.
Oritsejafor buy firrarms for his bH boys.
Tb joshua building killing hundreds of people.
oyahkilome and fornication.
And all other Christians propaganda to discredits islam.

Create another thread and lets talk about this in full.

*have a nice day*
Re: What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? by olanje: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2014
Thanx so much pls can u tell me more about ALI BIN SABA?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Things You Need To Make Heaven / Prayer Points For RCCG 50days Fasting / 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.