Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. (6800 Views)

Housing Revolution(with Pic) / Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (lagos HOMS) / Lagos HOMS: 2,624 Houses Ready For Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
Since the end of the 2nd republic, No other Government in Lagos has taken a revolutionary approach to housing Need of its citizenry like the Babatunde Raji Fashola government of Lagos.

The peoples and citizens of lagos are proud and grateful to this world acclaimed and celebrated Performer.

Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, Lagosians from all spheres of life appreciates and celebrates you.

Bringing you the Igbogbo Housing Scheme,

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
Odorangushin, in Epe Local Government

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Iloro Housing Scheme, Mushin

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mushin area 2 Housing Estate

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ilupeju Housing Scheme

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Chois Housing Estate, Abijo, Lekki Phase 111

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Alhaja Adetoro Adeosun EState, Ojokoro

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Igando Housing Estate

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Shogunro Housing Estate, Oshodi LGA

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
Adetoro Estate Phase 11

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Obinoscopy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
Is it affordable by the common man who pays his taxes and earns less than 40K per month? Now that's the question.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
VOTE APC cos we don't just say it, We do it.

the Wind of Change is blowing close to you just feel it, imagine it and claim it.

Lagos is Working and Haters are hating.

Vote right, Vote APC come 2015

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Is it affordable by the common man who pays his taxes and earns less than 40K per month? Now that's the question.

I'm sure the Houses are occupied by Human Beings not Ghosts at the moment.

Cut you coat down to your size. the Duty of Government is to provide the Resources and the enabling environment for its citizenry.

How many people can afford to buy a piece of Land in Lagos, but here you are with Government providing its people with a Mortgage and pay back over time Housing Estate.

The choice is yours, If other Governors can do same to their citizens, I'm sure the pressure will be less on Lagos State and its people.

We are the Smallest state in land mass yet we carry the large burden of the Nation.

Let the FG through its Agencies provide similar facilities in states and you will see the prices of houses go down.

No be by Force to stay Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:

you deliberately moved this thread to properties from the more visited Politics Section that I created it to cover up your discomfort with the content.

But you and other bias and soulless mod like ngwakwe, seun and you obinoscopy are quick to send a personal editoral written by an Edo indigene posted by an insincere9jarian and quickly rushed to transfer it to the Front page.

Aren't you or any one who moved that particular thread to the front page bias and blind to the thread I created few hours later.

"https://www.nairaland.com/1988695/end-governance-abia-state-ubani" How does this defer from the one insincere9jarian created?
https://www.nairaland.com/1988195/seven-years-fashola-take-away

you can fool yourselves if you feel Nigerians will be kept in the dark and you continue to feed them lies and half-truths because you have the rights on the forum.

close it, block it the pictures are all there, it will take me time but I will report it back there. you transfer to properties because it was a success story of Fashola ba.

cc: berem, barcanista, obiageli, gbawe, seun, patrickmuf, desola, omenka, otunbaJega, dridowu, Arch1, oduastates, booscy, Pataki, okitz4, seanet02, ayukdaboss, ibnsultan, alphaoscar, keky, ngeneukwenu, howmanage,

you guys need to see the bias and clear partisanship of those moderating nairaland o. Obinoscopy made an envious and jealous ridden comment on this wonderful eye opening thread and the next thing he yanked it off to properties so that people won't see to juxtapose the rubbish editorial insincere9jarian posted that they are rushed to put on front page.

Are these people serving Nigerians or doing some people a favour? if they say fashola collected a non-existing 600billion loan at least let people see where the loan that he truly collected is being spent on.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
pendy79:

I'm sure the Houses are occupied by Human Beings not Ghosts at the moment.

Cut you coat down to your size. the Duty of Government is to provide the Resources and the enabling environment for its citizenry.

How many people can afford to buy a piece of Land in Lagos, but here you are with Government providing its people with a Mortgage and pay back over time Housing Estate.

The choice is yours, If other Governors can do same to their citizens, I'm sure the pressure will be less on Lagos State and its people.

We are the Smallest state in land mass yet we carry the large burden of the Nation.

Let the FG through its Agencies provide similar facilities in states and you will see the prices of houses go down.

No be by Force to stay Lagos.

You still haven't answered my simple and innocuous question. Is it affordable to a man who earns 40K per month? I really want to know the economic strata of our society that can afford these wonderful houses built by Fashola.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:

you deliberately moved this thread to properties from the more visited Politics Section that I created it to cover up your discomfort with the content.

But you and other bias and soulless mod like ngwakwe, seun and you obinoscopy are quick to send a personal editoral written by an Edo indigene posted by an insincere9jarian and quickly rushed to transfer it to the Front page.

Aren't you or any one who moved that particular thread to the front page bias and blind to the thread I created few hours later.

"https://www.nairaland.com/1988695/end-governance-abia-state-ubani" How does this defer from the one insincere9jarian created?
https://www.nairaland.com/1988195/seven-years-fashola-take-away

you can fool yourselves if you feel Nigerians will be kept in the dark and you continue to feed them lies and half-truths because you have the rights on the forum.

close it, block it the pictures are all there, it will take me time but I will report it back there. you transfer to properties because it was a success story of Fashola ba.

cc: berem, barcanista, obiageli, gbawe, seun, patrickmuf, desola, omenka, otunbaJega, dridowu, Arch1, oduastates, booscy, Pataki, okitz4, seanet02, ayukdaboss, ibnsultan, alphaoscar, keky, ngeneukwenu, howmanage,

you guys need to see the bias and clear partisanship of those moderating nairaland o. Obinoscopy made an envious and jealous ridden comment on this wonderful eye opening thread and the next thing he yanked it off to properties so that people won't see to juxtapose the rubbish editorial insincere9jarian posted that they rushed to put on front page.

Are these people serving Nigerians or doing some people a favour? if they say fashola collected a non-existing 600billion loan at least let people see where the loan that he truly collected is being spent on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:
You still haven't answered my simple and innocuous question. Is it affordable to a man who earns 40K per month? I really want to know the economic strata of our society that can afford these wonderful houses built by Fashola.

I've more than answer your question. If people are occupying the properties then it shows it is a success. Everymonth people win and occupy this flats. Has anyone complained to you or how is it a problem to you? If he didn't build the houses won't people stay somewhere?

The flats are not empty, that simply tell you that it is a success story.

the demand is more than the supply so what is your issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Obinoscopy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
pendy79:

I've more than answer your question. If people are occupying the properties then it shows it is a success. Everymonth people win and occupy this flats. Has anyone complained to you or how is it a problem to you? If he didn't build the houses won't people stay somewhere?

The flats are not empty, that simply tell you that it is a success story.

the demand is more than the supply so what is your issue.

You still haven't answered my question grin.

Maybe I'll try again in restructuring the question for easy understanding. The question is:

Is there anyone among those living in these wonderful houses who earns 40K or thereabout per month?

A simple YES or NO would suffice. Thanks wink.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:
You still haven't answered my question grin.

Maybe I'll try again in restructuring the question for easy understanding. The question is:

Is there anyone among those living in these wonderful houses who earns 40K or thereabout per month?

A simple YES or NO would suffice. Thanks wink.

YES THEY DO.

THE FLATS ARE GIVEN OUT ON MORTGAGE TO LOW EARNERS.

THE ONE IN ODORANGUSHIN IS FOR MIDDLE-CADRE CAREER CIVIL SERVANTS.

Don't you think you question is funny? show me a flat with such allure and opulence built by any State Government in the South East that you're from.

Show us here, low cost buildings going for N50k per annum in any location in the state you're from or any built by Federal Government led by the PDP you have sworn to defend on this forum

The structures/flats are not for sale, they are mortgage based owned and Many civil Servants are benefiting and have benefitted and will still benefit from it. There is a deduction in their Monthly Salary that goes into the LSBC.

http://www.lagoshoms.gov.ng/ that is their website if you need further clarification. We don't just say it, we practice and live it.

Show me any State anywhere and even the Federal Government that has such revolving plans for its citizenry and its populace.

This are High-Class flats, the Lagos State Government has middle to low cost estates spread across the state that are occupied by Low cadre career civil servants.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by FastShipping: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy is PDP hatchet man on nairaland. He seems pained this project was overseen by an APC Governor. Look at the speed he moved it to property section. What is wrong with the thread staying in politics section? Fashola is a politician and this is part and parcel about politics because it showcases the work of a particular politician in Lagos who happens to be number one politician in Lagos.

Obinoscopy, your bias knows no bound. I don't really blame you because you are always trying to outshine your master (Seun).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Obinoscopy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
pendy79:

YES THEY DO.

THE FLATS ARE GIVEN OUT ON MORTGAGE TO LOW EARNERS.

THE ONE IN ODORANGUSHIN IS FOR MIDDLE-CADRE CAREER CIVIL SERVANTS.

Don't you think you question is funny? show me a flat with such allure and opulence built by any State Government in the South East that you're from.

Show us here, low cost buildings going for N50k per annum in any location in the state you're from or any built by Federal Government led by the PDP you have sworn to defend on this forum

The structures/flats are not for sale, they are mortgage based owned and Many civil Servants are benefiting and have benefitted and will still benefit from it. There is a deduction in their Monthly Salary that goes into the LSBC.

http://www.lagoshoms.gov.ng/ that is their website if you need further clarification. We don't just say it, we practice and live it.

Show me any State anywhere and even the Federal Government that has such revolving plans for its citizenry and its populace.

This are High-Class flats, the Lagos State Government has middle to low cost estates spread across the state that are occupied by Low cadre career civil servants.
Ok, thanks for finally answering my question. Now, I can pose the next question.

Having gone through most of the wonderful houses constructed by the great Fashola, I realised that the minimum cost of the houses is 7 million naira (or thereabout). The person is to pay an outright 2 million (or thereabout) and then will pay 68K every month for 10 years! Do you really think a guy earning 40K per month can afford this?

See the pix below to see the calculation as done by the homs website (incase u doubt my calculation)

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Obinoscopy(m): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:
Obinoscopy is PDP hatchet man on nairaland. He seems pained this project was overseen by an APC Governor. Look at the speed he moved it to property section. What is wrong with the thread staying in politics section? Fashola is a politician and this is part and parcel about politics because it showcases the work of a particular politician in Lagos who happens to be number one politician in Lagos.

Obinoscopy, your bias knows no bound. I don't really blame you because you are always trying to outshine your master (Seun).
The thread can't stay in the Politics section because it has to do with Housing. All Housing or Land related Threads are moved to the Properties Section.

And I wonder why anyone who does the right thing is branded a PDP man simply because it is not what you wanted. There's more to life than just APC and PDP. Think about that wink.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by omenka(m): 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:
For a suppermod what you are doing, blatantly showing your resentment for anything APC, is absolutely inappropriate mr.

I can't count the number of threads in the politics section which have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with politics, yet have been running on the board for weeks on end! No one's tampered with them!! Why were you so quick to transfer this into this dingy place where people hardly visit?? Haba!!

What is your fixation about people of 40k income range being able to afford the houses?? Is that what your take home is?? Do they look like round huts to you?? How many housing projects built by any governor across the country are affordable by 40k salary earners?? Would the post have landed on the fp or retained in the politics section had you been told it is affordable by that class of income earners

I hate complaining about how some of you guys treat pro APC topics/issues because more often than not, what one gets is a ban rather than a redress. Imagine someone like Nqwakwe being brought back as a mod!! Isn't that just unbecoming of the admin??

If I were you, I'd restore this to its original section.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
omenka:
For a suppermod what you are doing, blatantly showing your resentment for anything APC, is absolutely inappropriate mr.

I can't count the number of threads in the politics section which have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with politics, yet have been running on the board for weeks on end! No one's tampered with them!! Why were you so quick to transfer this into this dingy place where people hardly visit?? Haba!!

What is your fixation about people of 40k income range being able to afford the houses?? Is that what your take home is?? Do they look like round huts to you?? How many housing projects built by any governor across the country are affordable by 40k salary earners?? Would the post have landed on the fp or retained in the politics section had you been told it is affordable by that class of income earners

I hate complaining about how some of you guys treat pro APC topics/issues because more often than not, what one gets is a ban rather than a redress. Imagine someone like Nqwakwe being brought back as a mod!! Isn't that just unbecoming of the admin??

If I were you, I'd restore this to its original section.

Thanks.
Oh, so you agree with me that it isn't affordable to the 40K salary earner. I used 40K as my yardstick because I know many Nigerians earn that. So 40K is like the modal salary for Lagosians (it might even be less sef).

Concerning this thread being moved to the Politics section, that won't happen because this thread belongs here. If there are other threads that should be moved out of the politics section, let the mods know.

And for the records, I don't resent what Fashola is doing. Rather I resent what OUR POLITICIANS are doing. They are very disconnected from the common man along the street. And this is very bad.

The people that really needs a home are those who live under the bridge or in face me I face you apartments or in swamps/slums or in dilapidated buildings. When will a responsible government do something that would better their lives? This question is to all politicians, PDP and APC alike.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Ok, thanks for finally answering my question. Now, I can pose the next question.

Having gone through most of the wonderful houses constructed by the great Fashola, I realised that the minimum cost of the houses is 7 million naira (or thereabout). The person is to pay an outright 2 million (or thereabout) and then will pay 68K every month for 10 years! Do you really think a guy earning 40K per month can afford this?

See the pix below to see the calculation as done by the homs website (incase u doubt my calculation)

Do you read what I wrote at all? Is the Government a Charity organization that builds and donates? you have been asking me questions since why not answer the ones I put forward to you?

Do you know the minimum wage in London Borough and how much a council flat cost? you people just talk out of the blues without properly assessing the words that you spew. go online and seek how much a council flat cost? A moderate council flat cost between 900pounds to 1200pounds depending on the area. How much do you think a council worker on minimum wage in London earns?

why do you think there was mortgage crisis if not for the fact people took loans from the banks to pay off mortgage on their houses and could not pay back the loans.

If the flats are given out for N2,000 per months, How will the Government raise funds to build and provide same opportunity to others.

the people in lagos are not complaining why are you crying more than the bereaved? How much do you think a plot of land cost in Ijaye, Mushin, Ojokoro, Abijo, Lekki and other choice areas that the flats are built? if a man now has an opportunity to own a flat of 2 or 3bedroom for life in those areas don't you think it makes economic sense?

A plot of Land in Mushin goes for 8-10million if not more at the moment, that is minus the cost of building the property and other sundry cost that crept up in putting up a house in Lagos. If same Man now has an opportunity to move in into a more economical and reasonable and affordable option don't you think the man is better for it?

Go to Abuja, at least I worked there for almost a year, How much is a 3bedroom flat going for on rent? cheapest is N1.2million per annum, ain't public servant staying there? how many estates have your PDP led cherished government provided? What is the federal Minimum wage? Are the civil servant in Abuja who run to Lugbe, Nasarawa, Kubwa, Gwagwalada not entitled to a decent flat within Abuja too?

Many People with the money, don't even have the house to buy or rent because the government could not and cannot meet up the demand for housing.

Lagos is doing it, How much do you even think a 3-bedroom flat goes for in Lagos? this flat is a luxury one with decent and serene environment how much do you think those ones not owned by government within the area goes for?

Governance is not charity and the duty of any government is to provide the infrastructure. Any one earning 40k looking for a flat that costs 80k monthly should add armed robbery to his earnings.

Answer my question too, How many estates like the ones here are built or being built by any of your governors? or by the Federal Government?

the fact people are rushing the flats shows that the populace knows and appreciate that the flats comes at a give away price. The best price for the facilities and the location therein

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by pendy79: 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:

my brother I wonder o. someone posted an editorial written by a non indigene of Lagos, just because It projects fashola in some badlight not minding the stupid lies in the same editorial, it was yanked straight to front page and not the literature section, this one projecting what some of those loans is being used for is yanked straight to property to be hidden from peoples view.

obinoscopy can you put this post on the frontpage since you have taken it to the RIGHT SECTION. let people see what the loans are being used for.

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by FastShipping: 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
@pendy79

You've said it all.

Obinoscopy is pained an APC governor is doing this. He would have found way to give credit to this housing scheme if this was done by a PDP governor. The guy is an hatchet man for PDP on nairaland.com.

Obinoscopy is pained an APC governor is doing this. He would have found way to give credit to this housing scheme if this was done by a PDP governor. The guy is an hatchet man for PDP on nairaland.com.

I don't know what his obsession of 40,000 naira is all about. Lagos State Government is not a charity organization that provides free housing to its people. The funds used in building this affordable housing are derived from taxes paid by the people of Lagos. If government should start giving out homes to every dick and harry, the government won't be able to continue to build more of this home. Obinoscopy needs to stop making it look as if most families bring home 40,000 naira as monthly take home. Obinoscopy, have you factored in a situation where both husband and wife work and earn monthly income? If husband and wife earn between 80,000 -120,000 naira as jointly income, they should be able to afford buying one of these flats. I don't see anything wrong if some can't afford this homes. It is like that in the U.S and other western countries. Buying a home with mortgage is not a must. Some families will still not be able to afford this even if the government sets the down payment at 100,000 naira and set the monthly payment at 10,000 naira. So what is Obinoscopy's point?

The reason why the U.S economy collapsed 6 years ago was as a result of government providing loans to people who in normal society could not have been able to afford buying home. The administration of George Bush made the homes available to a lot of low income earners and economy crashed after these people were unable to meet up with paying mortgage. So many banks collapsed as a result of this and so many people lost their homes to foreclosure.

I don't buy into argument that everyone should be able to afford to buy one of these flats being provided by Lagos State Government. The government has provided an enabling environment to workers who work and earn steady income. If you can't afford this, then work harder.

The question Obinoscopy should be asking is; why are other states not doing the same housing scheme in other states?
Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Chinom(m): 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Obinoscopy:

Not only is it NOT affordable to the common man, it's also sold to cronies of Fashola and the Lagos state govt. Most are bought by corrupt senior civil servants who subsequently rent it out. The housing scheme is a sham. In Europe, a cleaner would be given a council apartment. How many cleaners can afford to live in the so-called low income state housing scheme ?.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Chinom(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
you deliberately moved this thread to properties from the more visited Politics Section that I created it to cover up your discomfort with the content. - @pendy79.

The thread has no business being in the ' Politics' section. It belongs to the property section.
Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by FastShipping: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Chinom:

Not only is NOT affordable to the common man, it's also sold to cronies of Fashola and the Lagos state govt. Most are bought by corrupt senior civil servants who subsequently rent it out. The housing scheme is a sham. In Europe, a cleaner would be given a council apartment. How many cleaners can afford to live in the so-called low income state housing scheme ?.

Don't just come here with that nonsense. Give us fact to back up your claim. Some of you love to spread falsehood without any iota of truth to it. So don't bring baseless argument here.

How many of Fashola's cronies bought any of these flats? I dare you to list their names.

By the way, how do you define "common man"?
Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by Chinom(m): 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
FastShipping:
@pendy79

You've said it all.

I don't know what his obsession of 40,000 naira is all about. Lagos State Government is not a charity organization that provides free housing to its people. The funds used in building this affordable housing are derived from taxes paid by the people of Lagos. If government should start giving out homes to every dick and harry, the government won't be able to continue to build more of this home. Obinoscopy needs to stop making it look as if most families bring home 40,000 naira as monthly take home. Obinoscopy, have you factored in a situation where both husband and wife work and earn monthly income? If husband and wife earn between 80,000 -120,000 naira as jointly income, they should be able to afford buying one of these flats. I don't see anything wrong if some can't afford this homes. It is like that in the U.S and other western countries. Buying a home with mortgage is not a must. Some families will still not be able to afford this even if the government sets the down payment at 100,000 naira and set the monthly payment at 10,000 naira. So what is Obinoscopy's point?

The reason why the U.S economy collapsed 6 years ago was as a result of government providing loans to people who in normal society could not have been able to afford buying home. The administration of George Bush made the homes available to a lot of low income earners and economy crashed after these people were unable to meet up with paying mortgage. So many banks collapsed as a result of this and so many people lost their homes to foreclosure.

I don't buy into argument that everyone should be able to afford to buy one of these flats being provided by Lagos State Government. The government has provided an enabling environment to workers who work and earn steady income. If you can't afford this, then work harder.

The question Obinoscopy should be asking is; why are other states not doing the same housing scheme in other states?

Your argument is flawed. The state government has no business in constructing COMMERCIAL housing. It should build SOCIAL houses with little profit motive. The houses bought and sold in the US and Europe are private houses owned by private developers or banks. A state govt should not build houses for sale. Definitely not at such prices.
Re: Lagos Homs!!! Fashola's Housing Revolution Of Lagos State. by FastShipping: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Chinom:

Your argument is flawed. The state government has no business in constructing COMMERCIAL housing. It should build SOCIAL houses with little profit motive. The houses bought and sold in the US and Europe are private houses owned by private developers or banks. A state govt should not build houses for sale. Definitely not at such prices.

I agree with you that government should not be in the business of building homes but in the absence of private entities building homes, what should the government do? The Lagos State government is trying to fill the vacuum here. Government building homes has been in our society before I was born. I don't think this is going to stop anytime soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Know About Real Estate Financing / Interor Decor Designers / Checkout & Build Contemporary Design With Biztech Consult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.