Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland (1512 Views)

Super-Moderator Who Defeats Scammers & Spammers / Paid Super-moderator Who Updates The Front Page (comments Thread) / Paid Super-Moderator Who Updates The Home Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dear Nairaland Users,

I am Stanley. I am available on the Social media platforms; FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram.

Let me state clearly at this point, that our internet Generation is the Information driven Generation.

Fortunately, Nairaland is in the forefront of the information drive for Africa. so what you need is a moderator that can manage the information available to all Nairaland sections on a daily basis and present it on time to the FrontPage to our teaming users for proper use.

There are several kinds of information which includes but not limited to; religious, political, technological, entertainment, sports, peoples opinion on issues, literature and so on.

I'm very active on the internet but i don't usually post. I've been an active Guest on nairaland for the past 5years. I Joined Nairaland Because i wanted the opportunity to serve as a Super-Mod. You can bank on this fact that i won't be sentimental in carrying out my activities and always give the users what they want at all times without interfering with their wishes or trying to influence their opinions.

From my view, The major challenge we have on nairaland is how to effectively regulate and transmit Relevant information Timely to the Front Page for users in a Professional manner.

As The New Nairaland Super-Moderator, These would be my approach to tackle this challenge:

1. As an addicted lover of information, i am actively subscribed to lots of information channels which gives me realtime access to lots of new stories so i get to read and see breaking news before it makes rounds. i'll be able to effectively take this news to nairaland in a timely and professional manner.

2. I'll use certain Criteria to Forward Posts to the FrontPage
Every new Information Posted on any section would be SCRUTINISED for AUTHENTICITY, UNIQUENESS, CREATIVITY, EMERGENCY and RELEVANCE.... Having passed these hurdles, i will forward it to the Front Page.

3. I'll Periodically remind us about the relevant information available in all sections through closed threads.

5. I WILL NOT BAN USERS FOR DEROGATORY COMMENTS; This is the hardest Part of the Job. I will only ban derogatory comments. I will rather be a source of motivation for them to try to be modest and thoughtful before posting derogatory words.

Seun, IT IS BETTER TO CONVINCE people to do what you want than to FORCE them.

SOME OF THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SLOW GROWTH OF NAIRALAND

The major reasons why nairaland isn't growing fast are as follows

1. The management of Nairaland needs Vision Driven and Passionate moderators. Some moderators lack long-term vision for the Platform and so they've engaged mostly in short term activities on the website.

2. The Nairaland Brand needs Rebranding, it is now seen in most quarters as the "mediocre's paradise". We must rebrand it to be seen as the "Information Hub" of Nigeria

3. Nairaland lacks programmes to engage its users with real life Public Figures(from any field). We can make plans to bring Influential figures to nairaland and Publicise a date where users would login to discuss, ask questions or share views with such Public Figures.

4 Nairaland Needs Non-Partisan Moderators that can effectively transmit information without Bias, Sentiments and fear of acceptance or rejection for doing his job Professionally.

I can't state all the reasons and solutions here but i know together we can create a Blueprint or master plan that can effectively Transform Nairaland into becoming the Giant it would eventually be.

I am hardworking, honest, sincere, enterprising and more passionate about leaving a positive impact in the lives of people. Working with you on this platform would definitely prove my worth.

I'm very approachable and humble, ever ready to learn and take up new tasks. i'll definitely have all the time to effectively moderate Nairaland in accordance with your vision for the platform.

Seun, thoughtfully go through my request and give it a favourable response. Nairaland will rule the world shortly. God Bless you.

Nairalanders, i want you all to thoroughly review my write-up, give me new ideas and keep informing Seun about my Passionate desire to become the Super-Mod of Nairaland.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,

Stanley A.

Everyone feel free to ask me questions here or at your convenience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram @stanadeniyi

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by thinkdip(m): 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
You have my A

3 Likes

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by stlarry001(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
That's great, nairaland have been a great information hub but new information and educating ones should be made to grace the front page.
Moreso unnecessary bans should be minimize and people should be encourage in any little way u think its possible, maybe one person a week.
Thanks
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Dominionng(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
Can't hate on your hustle. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
thinkdip:
You have my A

Wow... This is highly appreciated. Thank you so much. Help me inform Seun as well about this Blueprints and my requests. Thank you so much again.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
stlarry001:
That's great, nairaland have been a great information hub but new information and educating ones should be made to grace the front page.
Moreso unnecessary bans should be minimize and people should be encourage in any little way u think its possible, maybe one person a week.
Thanks

Your contribution is highly appreciated here. Thank you so much. Please also inform Seun of this Blueprints and my requests.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dominionng:
Can't hate on your hustle. Goodluck

Thank You so much. I appreciate. Please Bring Seun's attention to this BluePrints as well.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
1. How much are you paid?
2. Do I need technical skills to join the team?
3. Whenever I report spammers, how come humans are slow to act but the anti-spam bot is a quicker option?
4. Where is the dislike button everybody keeps asking for?
5. Its a shame your name's not listed as mod on the frontpage when that area is your responsibility.
6. I like the idea of trying to convince people to stop using derogatory words/comments as opposed to forcing them.
7. You know say na you go tire before we on nairaland, abi?
8. We need 50+ mods, not 20. I still dream of a spam-free nairaland. Pay them if it means they take the jobs more serious.

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Aitee1: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
I'm allergic to epistle... undecided

Summary plssssssssssssss sad

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
charix:
1. How much are you paid?
2. Do I need technical skills to join the team?
3. Whenever I report spammers, how come humans are slow to act but the anti-spam bot is a quicker option?
4. Where is the dislike button everybody keeps asking for?
5. Its a shame your name's not listed as mod on the frontpage when that area is your responsibility.
6. I like the idea of trying to convince people to stop using derogatory words/comments as opposed to forcing them.
7. You know say na you go tire before we on nairaland, abi?
8. We need 50+ mods, not 20. I still dream of a spam-free nairaland. Pay them if it means they take the jobs more serious.

Thank You So Much For These Questions, My answers are the latest information available to me at the time of response...

1. I am yet to earn from nairaland since i am using this BluePrints to inform Seun to get me on board as a Super-Moderator.

2. Seun is the Best Person to Answer This Question completely but i honestly don't think you require so much technical expertise.

3. Humans are probably to act because they may not have seen your reports immediately you sent it. This is an area i will be very timely and Professional about.

4. The Dis-like button is definitely going to be Professionally deliberated on when Seun Approves these BluePrints and contacts me. Charix, I'll personally give you a feedback on this.

5. It is not yet my responsibility sir. This Thread is a BluePrint showing how i intend to reposition Nairaland as the most attractive Forum in Africa.

6. Thank you so much for supporting this idea. it would definitely be generally accepted overtime.

7. Getting tired of Nairaland maybe impossible except information seizes to exist on the Planet. Its a Passion for me to inform People about Life issues.

8. This is a very vital point. I Totally agree with you on this. i'll definitely inform Seun about this when we meet.

Finally, Thank You So Much and Do me a Favour to Bring Seun to the Thread to View The BluePrint.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by davide470(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
Edit that before you see some really 'passionate' Mods.

You don't look for a Job by castigating those in the Job.
satley:

SOME OF THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SLOW GROWTH OF NAIRALAND

The major reasons why nairaland isn't growing fast are as follows

1. The management of Nairaland needs Vision Driven and Passionate moderators. Some moderators lack long-term vision for the Platform and so they've engaged mostly in short term activities on the website.

2. The Nairaland Brand needs Rebranding, it is now seen in most quarters as the "mediocre's paradise". We must rebrand it to be seen as the "Information Hub" of Nigeria

3. Nairaland lacks programmes to engage its users with real life Public Figures(from any field). We can make plans to bring Influential figures to nairaland and Publicise a date where users would login to discuss, ask questions or share views with such Public Figures.

4 Nairaland Needs Non-Partisan Moderators that can effectively transmit information without Bias, Sentiments and fear of acceptance or rejection for doing his job Professionally.

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
satley:

You have my vote then
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:
I'm allergic to epistle... undecided

Summary plssssssssssssss sad

Thank you so much for your comments. This is one Epistle you would Love to read to catch the new Vision for Nairaland and also inform Seun to make it Official.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
davide470:
Edit that before you see some really 'passionate' Mods.

You don't look for a Job by castigating those in the Job.

Thank you so much for for the correction. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to castigate anyone. Please Pardon the Misconception.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Mixty: 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
Save for one or 2 ,your proposals are generic. The only 2
specific goals are
1) Not banning monikers but comments - Well, let's see
how it works. It's a good initiative but I don't know if it is
workable, especially Nairaland politics section. You
might likely be overwhelmed at the number of posts and
comments you will hide.
3) Inviting notable people for an interactive session - I
will say that's a nice idea. Workability still remains a
challenge, since this is an internet based forum. I hope
you achieve this.
Others are neither here nor there? How do you intend to
rebrand Nairaland? How do you intend to make
Nairaland an Information Hub, when we are all aware
that Nairaland only reports news from other sources?
You said Nairaland needs vision minded and passionate
moderators. How are you going to see to that? You also
said nairaland needs non-partisan moderators. Are you
implying that some moderators are biased. How do you
judge prejudice and how are you going to correct it?
I can see some passion, but you haven't done a good job
of clearly defining your goals and deliverables.

My opinion!
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
charix:

You have my vote then

Thank you so much. This means a lot. I want Seun to be aware. Also help me inform him about this BluePrints.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by metrosexual: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
Satley, I think these few points of mine disqualifies you for the job;

1- You joined Nairaland on October 30, 2014, that's just a few days ago, like seriously who would give a newbie the status of Super-Mod?

A Super-Mod doesn't have to be an "active guest" over the years, you gotta be someone who has immensely contributed over the years, and your past posts here would serve as your "experience" and also serve as a direct outlook of the kind of person you are and you take on critical issues.

Lots of folks on Nairaland have more than one accounts, so for credibility purposes, you should have used an account that can speak for itself when your previous posts of months/years ago are scrutinised and reviewed, you should have used an account opened prior to October 30, 2014. Or are you saying you just registered for Nairaland about 10 days ago? If you are really an online person you should have an account dating back to at least 2010.

2- You are applying for the Super-Mod job using the wrong medium, Seun posted an email address to submit an application for the Super-Mod position, you are doing the right thing but in the wrong place and wrong medium.

Well, you made some valid points in your write-up. All the best.

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
metrosexual:
Satley, I think these few points of mine disqualifies you for the job;

1- You joined Nairaland on October 30, 2014, that's just a few days ago, like seriously who would give a newbie the status of Super-Mod?

A Super-Mod doesn't have to be an "active guest" over the years, you gotta be someone who has immensely contributed over the years, and your past posts here would serve as your "experience" and also serve as a direct outlook of the kind of person you are and you take on critical issues.

Lots of folks on Nairaland have more than one accounts, so for credibility purposes, you should have used an account that can speak for itself when your previous posts of months/years ago are scrutinised and reviewed, you should have used an account opened prior to October 30, 2014. Or are you saying you just registered for Nairaland about 10 days ago? If you are really an online person you should have an account dating back to at least 2010.

2- You are applying for the Super-Mod job using the wrong medium, Seun posted an email address to submit an application for the Super-Mod position, you are doing the right thing but in the wrong place and wrong medium.

Well, you made some valid points in your write-up. All the best.

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate. Let me answer the questions accurately

1. This is so True. I usually don't like to have an online Presence at all even though i use the internet on a regular basis. You're very correct i only registered Last month. This is to give me the opportunity to translate my Physical Passion to an online activity too. Seun can always verify my Physical Credibility whenever he wants. i can avail myself to him Physically at whatever location he wants in Nigeria.

2. I already applied to the email. I didn't get a response yet so i decided to create this thread to seek the consent of nairalanders to endorse my request and to show Seun that i am definitely worth it.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by metrosexual: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
satley:

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate. Let me answer the questions accurately

1. This is so True. I usually don't like to have an online Presence at all even though i use the internet on a regular basis. You're very correct i only registered Last month. This is to give me the opportunity to translate my Physical Passion to an online activity too. Seun can always verify my Physical Credibility whenever he wants. i can avail myself to him Physically at whatever location he wants in Nigeria

2. I already applied to the email. I didn't get a response yet so i decided to create this thread to seek the consent of nairalanders to endorse my request and to show Seun that i am definitely worth it.

Thanks for your reply, but this has NOTHING to do with physical presence but your ONLINE presence, as far as Nairaland is concerned you don't have a vast and verifiable online presence here and you are applying for a job as sensitive and important as a Super-Mod, its just like someone applying for the job of Manager of Tax and Auditing who he himself doesn't have his past Tax records to show.

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Obinoscopy(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
Seun:
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ok bro. We are still processing applications.

(1)

Graduate Management Trainees Recruitment At Royal Mills And Foods Limited / Urgent Vacancy For An Office Assistant / My Turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.