Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help (776 Views)

Is Your Glo BIS Still Working On Your PC? / I'm Having A Problem Signing In To My Yahoo Mail Account On My Laptop,help Plz / My Laptop Speakers Are Not Working Anymore, Wat Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by al2javyn: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2008
My laptop is about 2 years old and my speakers along with the lights for the volume is not working, even when i attach headphones and speakers its still not working, could someone help me? cry
Re: Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by DoubleN(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2008
what make is the laptop and exactly what where you doing when you noticed this problem?
Re: Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by al2javyn: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2008
It's an HP Pavilion dv6205us Windows Vista. I really don't know much about laptops, but that's what it says.

I noticed it for quite awhile now and i really tried fiddling with the volume at the bottom right hand corner of my PC, but still no sound. Plus, the touch button for the volume right above my keys, the lights are not on, which i noticed not to long ago.

More info let me know. thanks smiley
Re: Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by uspry1(f): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2008
Re: Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by DoubleN(m): 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2008
Incase the above method does not work then it maybe a hardware problem.I have a pavilion also and underneath the hood there are two flex wires that connect to the power and the quick play buttons it is possible that one of those wires are bad.Download the drivers first and see what happens.
Re: Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by labilo: 10:32am On Nov 25, 2008
well,contrary 2 wat other engineers tink, i dnt feel its a hardware problem, u propably installd a new software dat is causn d conflict on your operating system.what u should do is go to systems restore and backdate your systems to an earlier time when it was fuctioning properly.for futher explanations,please call me on 08078688354.engineer wale is my name.
Re: Speakers Not Working On My Laptop: Help by sojioguns(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2008
It is definitely a hardware failure as it affects the lights and quickplay buttons. If you see the volume icon in the taskbar then your drivers are ok. Check the cables like Double N said.

(1) (Reply)

Help with laptop drivers / I Need A Modem / Who Can Repair A Sony Vaio Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.