Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,603 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate (11981 Views)

3 Ways To Become Millionaire In Real Estate In Ibeju-lekki / The Smartest way to find your desired home - www.miklins.com / Real Estate In Nigeria: What Is It Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
My headache with real estate investment has always been the number of years it takes to get back all my invested money. My favourite investment plan is Real estate because it's one of the the most secure form of investment plans. The normal practice for most people is to buy a piece of land keep it for a certain period of time to resell at a higher price. I have done that too and believe me I have made killer profits in some deals. But the Oliver Twist in me always wants more. There must be better ways to invest in real estate. For some, all they know is to buy a piece of land and develop it to be rented out, sold through mortgage or other seemingly profitable means. If you carefully follow me, you'd see how foolish or stupid building a property for rent might be.

When it comes to real estate the basic rule is location, location and location. The general belief is to focus on prime locations but the best way is to find a way to bring out the best out of a 'dung hill' kind of locations. Thank God I found my own "dung hill" location in the villages. I will be sharing on these thread things and factors that motivated me to snub investment in urban area and focus all my resources in rural area. Remember the advice not to put all your eggs in one basket? Well, the opposite is what i have been doing. Presently i have acquired over 2000 hectares (that is about 5000 acres) and i am still working towards acquiring more.

Why am I doing this? Why am I bullish on villages and bearish on cities? The reason is my discoveries in AGRICULTURE! Abi which other real estate investment can one put like 5 or 10 million naira on and be making above invested sum as ROI on quarterly to yearly basis?
Stay tuned!
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2014
Morning guys.
Yes! Why am I bullish on village lands? The first reason is my discovery through history that no nation can experience economic and industrial growth without first paying attention to develop its agricultural sector. In fact, I came to conclusion that agricultural growth is the foundation for economic and industrial development. USA, China, Brazil, Canada, Germany etc are all top agricultural countries.
To be continued... Time to go to farm
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2014
Good morning guys.
Let me see how much I can quickly type.
As we can all see, the country is already working hard on transforming the agric sector and with that I see we are on track. Now the question is, what is the most important factor of production in agriculture? The answer I got is what brought about my paradigm shift. LAND is the most important factor in agriculture. Other factors like labour, capital can be maneuvered but not land. Are you going to plant in the cloud? As in cloud computing? No. Agriculture needs land.
After much findings, I also discovered I'm not the only one thinking this way. In fact it shocked me that non africans from Europe, Asia, south and north America are already buying up farmlands all over africa. I read a report that farmlands as big as the size of France in total have been bought in East Africa.
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 8:09am On Nov 13, 2014
Here in Nigeria, I also discovered some class of people have been buying hundreds and thousands of hectares of farmlands like never before. I didn't waste anytime in joining that class when I saw how I can be adding values to the land and be making above 100% return on investment.

At the begining of the thread I wrote that the smartest way to make high profit in real estate is to find a 'dung hill' kind of place and add value to it. But its something one seldome finds. How many of those deal are available? And even if you are lucky to find one, be sure you are not the only one gunning for it. I will be sharing how any one can invest a sum in real estate through agriculture and be making up to and even above 100% ROI yearly from such investments.

Are you ready?
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 8:01am On Nov 14, 2014
It's beautiful morning here in Ogbomosho. The first idea is think on these 2 ideas. You can actually buy a plot of land in some just developing areas in places like Ikorodu for around 800k and you can use that same sum to buy 10 acres of land in a place like Ogbomoso. If you decide to develop your Ikorodu land, how much will it cost you to have it ready in a rentable condition? Another question you need to consider is how much rent are you likely to get per annum? After considering those questions, now consider your 10 acres farmland.
You decide to develop it with a crop like Cashew. From my experience you can develop an acre of farmland with about 250,000 naira. Using spacing of 10*10 meters you will have 40 trees on an acre, each tree yielding average of 25kg per season and that gives 1000kg (1 ton) of cashew per. current price in Ogbomosho per kg and ton is about 700 naira and 700,000.00 respectively. Though it takes about 30 months for cashew to start fruiting, The Cassava alone planted with the Cashew in the first year has the potential to yield 100% of all the money invested in a year or at most 2 years depending on the price of Cassava. An acre of cassava can yield average of 6 tonnes with the current price at 25k as today 19/02/2018, as at this time last year, it was being sold at 70k per ton. Hence the variation in possibilities of making your invested sum in 1 or 2 years. at 25k per ton for Cassava you would have average of 150k per acre the first year while at 50k per ton for Cassava you would have 300k per acre the first year. This Cassava cycle can still be repeated the 2nd year. Mean while your Cashew trees are growing and approaching maturity and at most by second year all the money spent including cost of land is already made.
Before I continue, try and compare the 2 ideas of doing real estate and decide which is best for you. Lets give room for discussions and questions.
Note: For the best return on Cashew Plantation, Ogbomosho is the best place for cashew in Nigeria.
I'll be right back. Learn more from the video in this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZg6s7I5dkY
This post has been modified to reflect the current reality.

4 Likes

Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
Coming...
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by ibnhasan: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
ibnhasan:
If one buys a land in ogbomosho hw can u be sure no one would come after you after some time to reclaim the land? How secure is one's investment?
very secure. You can check my other threads for more info. Thank https://www.nairaland.com/1808249/meet-hotmas911-tested-trusted-biggest/6#27823526
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 8:19am On Nov 15, 2014
its a beautiful morning here. It seems plantain is very easy to understand. Now we can move on to other crops.
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2014
Dreams coming true everyday
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Good morning guys
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:16am On Nov 25, 2014
Morning
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 5:15am On Nov 26, 2014
smiley
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
grin grin grin Greenest greetings to all our farmers from Ogbomoso. Bawo ni weekend? grin grin grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 6:50am On Dec 01, 2014
Welcome to December! It has been very adventurous from January. Wishing all farmers the best of life during this season and beyond.
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:14am On Dec 04, 2014
grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
how far can you see?
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
Gratitude mode activated
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 5:07am On Dec 08, 2014
Grateful heart
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
hosting over 20 nairalanders over the weekend in Ogbomoso was a great experience. grin grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
What a year!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
Season's greeting
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin greetings!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Great and mighty God!
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
grin
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
To God be all the glory! We are here! Its a new year. 2015!!! I appreciate everyone who was part of our 2014 in numerous ways.
Let's set new targets this year. Let's raise the game. How far can you see? Refuse to be boxed. Change your default settings. Break the mould. Think and do the impossible! Wishing you all a great 2015.
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2015
all I see is a green 2015!
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 7:36am On Jan 13, 2015
Morning guys.
Re: Agriculture: The New Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate by hotmas911(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2015
Preparation in top gear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. / How Will You Feel If Your Land Turns Into A Den Shitt / Trust Fund’s N8.4 Billion Alagbon Towers Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.