Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop (1364 Views)

Problem With My ASUS G75VW Battery? / Please Help: My Asus C90S No Longer Holds A Charge / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop by Ajax1211: 7:03am On Nov 11, 2014
Hello, I just got a brand new ASUS laptop and it came with windows 8.1 OS

I don't like 8.1 so I've being trying to install windows 7 into the system but its not working.

Am a computer engineer, but I've never seen anything like this before, don't know if the issue is with Asus or windows 8.1.

Help please, I really need to get back to windows 7
Re: Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop by brightk(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2014
Ajax1211:
Hello, I just got a brand new ASUS laptop and it came with windows 8.1 OS

I don't like 8.1 so I've being trying to install windows 7 into the system but its not working.

Am a computer engineer, but I've never seen anything like this before, don't know if the issue is with Asus or windows 8.1.

Help please, I really need to get back to windows 7
can u get to d bios and see if there is a way to enable legacy os...
Re: Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop by Ajax1211: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2014
Where exactly in the Bios should I go to to enable the legacy os
Re: Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop by Ajax1211: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2014
I just noticed, the error that pops up when I try to format the laptop is a "Blue screen of death" BSOD.

And it happens immediately after the formatting process begins.

Please how do I go about solving this problem.
Re: Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2014
Ajax1211:
I just noticed, the error that pops up when I try to format the laptop is a "Blue screen of death" BSOD.

And it happens immediately after the formatting process begins.

Please how do I go about solving this problem.

Well, The sceen of Death has been a rampant Problem Majorly Ocurring On Windows 8.0 and 8.1. My Pc actually Came with windows 8.0 and Bs0D kills my Vibe many times. I latr movd to 8.1 and that Was the Last time i witnesd BsoD. What am suggesting here is try not to use any third party application to partition of ur HD. Use the preinstalld Disk Management option for partitioning . The Problem is not from ur Manufacturer .
Re: Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop by Lexusgs430: 3:29am On Dec 08, 2014
Team windows 7

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Hp Chromebook14 / Buy Macbook Air 13inc 250GB i7 For Half It Price(Negotiable). Brand New / Help! Pc Can't Recognize My Phone By Usb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.