Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? (6599 Views)

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
As a result of arguement in my street in school 2daya back, some said its advisable to add seasoning like maggi,know and the likes to ur beans bt i think its not hygienic.......whats your take and do you add when cooking??
Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by eigmaticme: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
why do you think it is not hygenic?
Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
It has nothing to do with hygiene, its just a personal choice
Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 12, 2014
To me since salt,onion has bn added, i see no reason adding it.....it was a real arguement n all lagos pple r said to b adding it...wht if maggi n co doesnt exist lyk in our papa n mamas tym?
Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
What has maggi got to do with hygiene

1 Like

Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by sevantex(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
Wierd kweshun!!..,Except u took the maggi from dustbin and added to ur beans.,there is notin unhygienic about ingredients/seasonings u decide to use for ur cooking..,The choice is left to u..,Btw,I use maggi for my beans..,No time!

1 Like

Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by peterjero(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
@op you must be a difficult person (no pun intended) adding seasoning to your food is a choice, no need for the word hygiene. I use seasoning cubes on my beans and I like it that way, since you've added salt and onions to your soup and stew there's no need to add seasoning cubes to it likewise your jollof rice etc.
Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by kween01: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hygiene has nothing to do with adding seasoning to beans, and if u meant healthy, why is it acceptable in all other foods and disapproved in beans.
"Our mothers" didn't add it to their beans cos they didn't add it to any of their foods as it was not available to them initially, and when it became available transition takes time, so if u choose not to use it too, at all like them, gd, bt do note that they av substitute for it which is nt commonly available now, though beans can be delicious with or without d sd seasonings .

3 Likes

Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by asalimpo(m): 2:34am On Nov 23, 2014
Words failed d op. Mayb u meant to say "necessary".

1 Like

Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by Epistemology(f): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
asalimpo:
Words failed d op. Mayb u meant to say "necessary".

GBAM!!!!

Anyways @OP..... I don't like Maggi in my beans, not cos of hygiene tho, but because I'm not used to it, and maggi gives beans a weird taste in my mouth, it also purges me
Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by betty1983(f): 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
i think the op meant to use the word 'healthy'

1 Like

Re: Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Its both healthy and hygienic but not necessary, just salt and enough onions.

(1) (Reply)

Chicken Defeathering Machines Are Available At Farmergiant Nig Ltd / Kitchen Pantry 45k / Cowbell, Dano Or Peak Milk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.