Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? (22909 Views)

Must You Add Maggi When Cooking Beans.......is It Hygienic ?? / Suya Sellers Dont Eat Suya. / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by iamdsam: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2013
I believe we're all familiar with the delicacy called Suya and I also believe most people here on Nairaland do eat the Suya delicacy which is eaten in almost all parts of the country. I do eat Suya sometimes even though I've only bought it once with my cash (nor laugh me o). Looking at the preparation of this Suya delicacy of how the meat is washed and sometimes I think it's not even washed before it's roasted, I do wonder whether it's hygienic to eat. Do you think it's hygienic to eat Suya?
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by eduson33(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2013
no.
but for my body,its hygienus

5 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2013
@OP. I love suya well well o, it's not hygienic for some peeps though.
Ehen, there was this topic u posted in diary section which i wanted to comment on but couldn't and u needed other NLders to comment on too, i must advise u to re-post it in the romance section; there u'll get a reply cos diary is personnal no one is allowed to comment on another persons post, the topic of the post is: about u being a virgin at 20 or so.
By the way happy birthday!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by veave(f): 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
any thing meat is hygenic to me... even kilishi...smiley
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
Who the hell cares mehhnnn ?!?! angry

It tastes nice jor !! tongue

6 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by costandi(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
olymurphy (f) :
Aboki abeg put #50 suya for me abeg make the people wey de talk about hygiene or hyginus de talk me I don chop suya finish clean mouth.
Suya- Girls' Best friend.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Caracta(f): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
Barbecue? embarassed
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by homesteady(m): 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
OP you forgot to add that Flies perch on it! #pukes

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by JERRY1925(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
Pls buy and give me...den wen am tru I'll answer u..
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by destino24(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
it went through the fire na.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
iamdsam: I believe we're all familiar with the delicacy called Suya and I also believe most people here on Nairaland do eat the Suya delicacy which is eaten in almost all parts of the country. I do eat Suya sometimes even though I've only bought it once with my cash (nor laugh me o). Looking at the preparation of this Suya delicacy of how the meat is washed and sometimes I think it's not even washed before it's roasted, I do wonder whether it's hygienic to eat. Do you think it's hygienic to eat Suya?
You should be worried whether or not the meat is washed before it is roasted and not whether or not Suya is hygienic.
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by olymurphy(f): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
Aboki abeg put #50 suya for me abeg make the people wey de talk about hygiene or hyginus de talk me I don chop suya finish clean mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
It actually depends on where u're getting urs from....cos as for me i know d one i take is hygenic
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by donphilopus: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
I'm a Nigerian, so as usual we use question to answer question, so my answer is

Do I Know?

10 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
think about this, those suya men dont wash their hands with soap after taking a leak or pooing considering they use water to wash their yansh.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by profvic3: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
no topic no topic

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Judolisco(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Avent seen it killing anybody its our food lets appreciate it

2 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Lilchilz(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
pls what is suya??
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by linearity: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
As long as it is well cooked, roasted no shaking...

Any gem that was so unfortunate to follow the suya into the fire is now protein and a must eat delicacy.

Jokes apart, extreme temperatures on both ends of the scale kills every and any baterial, germ or disease...that is why well prepared Sushi are refrigerated over many days in high negative temperature and by the time they are served all germs are long dead but the fish remain fresh...same thing happen to suya on the other temperature extreme scale.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by goshen26: 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Health section

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by AKPAKA(m): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Is it hygenic to respond to this topic?
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
people of old (bible to be precised) ate red meat (or suya if you want) and lived long and were strong. I like suya and kilishi. hmmm! Yummy!
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by skyscraperTM(m): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
op bro, no roadside food dey hygienic for naija, na only God dey help us.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by QMark: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
I started eating suya after growing my first 2 lower teeth...& I will continue till I loose my last tooth.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by iterator25: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
If you buy suya at the beach, two thingz are involved it's either you're eating a horse or your neighbour

13 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by IFECIOUS67(f): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
suya and garri tinz on my mind winksuya and garri tinz on my mind
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
Abeg leave Hygene oo....na d satisfaction na him sure pass for me....#grabs kunu with kpuf-kpuf

3 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by slimchimex(m): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hell No

1 Like

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Abegi jare

For a while now I have been craving sits but due to my geographical location, I can't obtain it.

It all depends on how it is stored and fired.

I tend to let my suya fry on the fire longer than usual. I also microwave it when I get home
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by adexsimply(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Lil chilz: pls what is suya??
Suya
Suya, is a shish kebab like food popular in West Africa, originally from the Hausa people of northern Cameroon, Nigeria and Niger. Suya is generally made with skewered beef, fish, or chicken.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suya‎
[img]http://3.bp..com/_PDI8oNcmvWE/TFIKa5gLisI/AAAAAAAAGLY/jUZvXujOiW0/s1600/suya+019.JPG[/img]
Don't thank me..Thank God

7 Likes

Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by emmysam2: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
@ OP, Suya has been consumed from time immemoriam. Have you ever heard anyone falling sick after eating suya?
Pls what are you driving at? undecided
Re: Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? by telim: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
waiting concern me. Suya all the way. Mallam bani suyan jaka daya sa yaji so sai da alubasa. Mallam give me N200 suya and add paper with onions. shikenah

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.