Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Which Should I Learn First, App Or Game Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Should I Learn First, App Or Game Programming (829 Views)

Android Game Programming For Subway Surfers / Game Programming Tutorials ( Angry Birds, Pvz Etc ) / Tutorials On Game Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should I Learn First, App Or Game Programming by taofeeq137(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dear programmers, I want to learn c# for game development, I saw this realy good book online, it is easy to understand, but I saw in different forums that it is a bad choice to learn programming through games, although I already know many syntax from c#, since i develop websites with it i.e. ASP.NET. So should I go ahead and learn game programming, or settle for apps development first.
Re: Which Should I Learn First, App Or Game Programming by laykhorn(m): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
I believe you didnt start Web development with ASP.net, did you? You must have known HTML, CSS and prob JS
I believe you didnt learn to toast a girl in a language before learning the language.
I sincerely believe you should learn the language proper before venturing into an aspect although I think learning it with Game or some other handy options will enhance your learning, put you at a great level and increase productivity while also simplifying most tasks.

All programming languages have the same computational technique of problem solving so I believe you should do well since you've garnered some experience with ASP but I think you should lay ur hands on C and/or C++ before moving to C#
Do you mind to send the resource to me too. @computer4u.com. Thanks in advance
In all, its your choice. All the best
Re: Which Should I Learn First, App Or Game Programming by taofeeq137(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2014

All programming languages have the same computational technique of problem solving so I believe you should do well since you've garnered some experience with ASP but I think you should lay ur hands on C and/or C++ before moving to C#

I'll try C then

Do you mind to send the resource to me too. stunner_noni@computer4u.com. Thanks in advance
In all, its your choice. All the best [/b]
I'll do dat
Re: Which Should I Learn First, App Or Game Programming by laykhorn(m): 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
taofeeq137:

I'll try C then

Its really not essential but it would surely be beneficial and you'll easily adapt when you jump into other C-like language like C++, Java etc.
I recommend you download the book 'Let Us C' by Yashvant Kanetkar

I'll do dat
Thanks in Advance. I'll be expecting it

(1) (Reply)

Programmer Needed / MATLAB Training Is The Solution To Your Scientific Computation Problem /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.