Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? (945 Views)

Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. / No Jobs Or No Employable Graduates? / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 12, 2014
Hello NL Readers!!

Please no offence on whatever I will be discussing here and I also believe everyone has 100% right to his own opinion and you can decide to see it in various perspective its a free world.

Life in Nigeria is one "play field" that is so peculiar and different from anywhere in the world which can not be compared to country. We youths of today are all born into a Nigeria where due to corruption round pegs roll into square holes and vice versa but as things tend to look I still believe wherever you find yourself you tend to sit and strategize how things will be handled by you to really make life pretty easy even for the rest of your life.

I went to the university where I saw another phase of life but its indeed a platform of training where you learn and know how to handle hard meat instead of milk. I didn't go there to come out to compete with the already filled or politicised white collar jobs, but to get trained on how to be versatile in knowledge by obtaining as many knowledge and ideas I can, which are very okay to leave on.

I employ us all to get skills as many as possible as you should and never believe or rely on this govt for anything to offer in other words entreprenueral skills pays check out areas you can venture in;

1. Fashion World: get good skills on latest trends of it because generations are skill coming that will want to wear good cloths with designs

2. Food processing and agro-sales: another viable field

3. ICT: u can go as deep as u wish in d world of ICT, and make good money on it

4. Eateries and restaurant: hmmmm...

5. Buying and selling. Be it online or wherever a lot of people need these things for use

6. Education Sector: recently weac released statistics of states performance, what can u do to help ur state? Tutorial Centre might not be a Bad Idea!! But put ideas and concept into it

And so on like that u can had yours thank you

Mr lekan.
Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 12, 2014
Please say another thing. Someone that went to school for 5 years plus added years of strike to study engineering. Carrying drawing board up and down. Reading through the night. How is that person lazy? Government does not provide light, security, water, or roads. They do not still provide employment or give capital for SMEs. I am still owed 110k by rivers state government from my service year. After doing my part, the government doesn't want to fulfill its part. And you hint that youths are lazy. There are lazy people in every country of this world. The government here has failed and are trying to brainwash us that we are the lazy failures. One should learn a skill out of desire. Not desperation or frustration. So yes, most people are learning skills because we have been failed. Besides, not everybody has the talent of entrepreneurship. And not everybody has a iota of technical skill. Some people are plainly analytic.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Olalan(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2014
When I hear people talk about graduates doing business I ask if there is an enabling environment for small scale business to thrive in Nigeria? Some years back you could set up a small tailoring or barbing shop with small cash but now if you are to set any of this shop up and expect patronage you need to spend well on it. How does a fresh graduate compete with a retiree who got millions in gratuity in the same business environment cause everybody after retiring goes into business.

1 Like

Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2014
ismokeweed:
Please say another thing. Someone that went to school for 5 years plus added years of strike to study engineering. Carrying drawing board up and down. Reading through the night. How is that person lazy? Government does not provide light, security, water, or roads. They do not still provide employment or give capital for SMEs. I am still owed 110k by rivers state government from my service year. After doing my part, the government doesn't want to fulfill its part. And you hint that youths are lazy. There are lazy people in every country of this world. The government here has failed and are trying to brainwash us that we are the lazy failures. One should learn a skill out of desire. Not desperation or frustration. So yes, most people are learning skills because we have been failed. Besides, not everybody has the talent of entrepreneurship. And not everybody has a iota of technical skill. Some people are plainly analytic.

Sir okay I accept d fact that govt has failed us but in my own kind of philosophy to life, one doesn't give excuse of govt's failure for that person to be in penury or poverty. Read my analysis I said with Nigeria of today being versatile and skills aquisition might just be the way out for now to save most youth who are not opportuned to "know-somebody" to get that white collar job up there (offcourse this formula is useless in the United States or Uk). That's not to conclude that one can not still press for formal employment.... Because I must be sincere with you even if we scream till 2mao as long as this wicked govt is still there they will continue to deprive us of our right!!
Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 12, 2014
@olanlan that's d way forward in Nigeria of today for d Nigerian youth.....
Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by TeamSimple(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2014
I think it has more 2do wit the government. Because if u av ever been to interview venues to c d numb of graduates jostling for 1 position,or the' national sacrifice' conducted by NIS as an attestation to the survival of the fitest nature of nigeria youths. Yes some youths are lazy but most youths aren't but helpless. If only we could vote wisely,don't vote the party,the ethnicity,the language nor the religion,vote the candidates profile and do just 2 ur conscience.
Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Acidosis(m): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2014
Government can only provide enabling environment, good policies and fair judgement.

Government cannot provide white collar jobs for all. Its not done anywhere in the world.

Over 95% of schools in Lagos are privately run.
Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 12, 2014
TeamSimple:
Show me your post and let me tell you who you are..Oga poster am sure u are employed and earning balanced salary..av u bin 2 interview venues to c d numb of graduates jostling for 1 position,or the' national sacrifice' conducted by NIS as an attestation to the survival of the fitest nature of nigeria youths. Yes some youths are lazy but most youths aren't but helpless. If only we could vote wisely,don't vote the party,the ethnicity,the language nor the religion,vote the candidates profile and do just 2 ur conscience.

Sir I said it @d beginning of this post that its strictly my own opinion so please no abuse or mockery and by the way if you care to know I'm currently a youth corper rounding up to join these same jobless society but I only thought of a something which could ease us all as we proceed in the journey of life. So you can simply ignore and disagree with my takes but it will be fair if you profer your OWN SOLUTION!!!
Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2014
[b]Okay...

First of all, Its not the Governments job to provide jobs.. This notion is only common place in Nigeria.

The Government on the other hand has failed to create a condusive environment for old jobs to thrive and for new jobs to spring up. The same issues keep hindering the growth of our Economy including;

1. Electricity..
2. Poor roads & Road Network
3. Water Supply
4. Multiple Taxations|levies|licences|permits|e.t.c..
5. Poor Security
6. Lack of incentives for new businesses and even the old.
7. High exchange rates.
e.t.c..

What this translates into is lesser companies, industries, factories and co and less new businesses coming up in compariosn to those going out of business. If there are no businesses, there cant be jobs.

Now lets get honest with ourselves, many of todays so called Nigerian Graduates are actually not fit to even be in SS1 let alone be holders of B.Sc's and HND's. I have in the course of my job had cause to interact with many Interns and Corp members and I was shocked at the things that came out their mouths. Many cant write an essay, cant speak fluently in English and dont even come across as having entered the gate of a school before. You should see some of the interviews and test papers of of these graduates, I swear you will either laugh so hard or weep in pity for the future.

Someone said the day the Nigerian Government started paying less attention to Education was the day they stopped investing in the future..

SO really, the problem is that we have poorly trained graduates who have become lazy as a result of the state of the poolity.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Is It Govt That Didn't Provide Jobs Or The Youth Of Today Are Just LAZY? by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 12, 2014
Okijajuju1:
[b]Okay...

First of all, Its not the Governments job to provide jobs.. This notion is only common place in Nigeria.

The Government on the other hand has failed to create a condusive environment for old jobs to thrive and for new jobs to spring up. The same issues keep hindering the growth of our Economy including;

1. Electricity..
2. Poor roads & Road Network
3. Water Supply
4. Multiple Taxations|levies|licences|permits|e.t.c..
5. Poor Security
6. Lack of incentives for new businesses and even the old.
7. High exchange rates.
e.t.c..

What this translates into is lesser companies, industries, factories and co and less new businesses coming up in compariosn to those going out of business. If there are no businesses, there cant be jobs.

Now lets get honest with ourselves, many of todays so called Nigerian Graduates are actually not fit to even be in SS1 let alone be holders of B.Sc's and HND's. I have in the course of my job had cause to interact with many Interns and Corp members and I was shocked at the things that came out their mouths. Many cant write an essay, cant speak fluently in English and dont even come across as having entered the gate of a school before. You should see some of the interviews and test papers of of these graduates, I swear you will either laugh so hard or weep in pity for the future.

Someone said the day the Nigerian Government started paying less attention to Education was the day they stopped investing in the future..

SO really, the problem is that we have poorly trained graduates who have become lazy as a result of the state of the poolity.

[/b]

U see!!! Another Great perspective... Good thinking bro!! You are very much correct.

(1) (Reply)

Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 / Jobs/vacancies In BH Stripes Digilab And Pro-photographers / Young Couple With Two Little Girls Need A Female House Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.