Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues (3046 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2008
How does it work? Will God take the gift away from you if you back slide from your born again. I am asking this because a girl friend of mine that attends Christ embassy speak in tongues very well and at any slightest opportunity to pray but she lives with her boyfriend who is also born again but does not speak in tongues. Could it be that God is not interested in fornication as a sin again?.

C. embassy members always say: I am the righteousness of God and as such do not really ask God for forgiveness. Is that proper?
Re: Speaking In Tongues by chika98: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

How does it work? Will God take the gift away from you if you back slide from your born again. I am asking this because a girl friend of mine that attends Christ embassy speak in tongues very well and at any slightest opportunity to pray but she lives with her boyfriend who is also born again but does not speak in tongues. Could it be that God is not interested in fornication as a sin again?.

C.  embassy members  always say: I am the righteousness of God and as such do not really ask God for forgiveness. Is that proper?

Yeah how does that work?? That is how people deceive themselves and others all in the name of serving God. How can someone who fornicate speak in tongue??
Re: Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 9:18am On Nov 24, 2008
But she speaks in tongues.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by kolaoloye(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2008
Righteousness simply means a right standing with God.You can not be living in sin and call yourself righteous.
God does not hate sinner but Sin.The bible tells us that sin is a reproach to any man.
Let her depart either from evil or from church so that she doesn't mislead others.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by AKO1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2008
"If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us;

BUt if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

How do some people teach righteousness in isolation of that? sad
Re: Speaking In Tongues by DavidDylan(m): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

C. embassy members always say: I am the righteousness of God and as such do not really ask God for forgiveness. Is that proper?

It is well.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Lady2(f): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2008
But she speaks in tongues.

there is a false speaking in tongues. Can anyone understand her or interpret what she says. Simply opening ones mouth and screaming shamahnahdshsjaks, does not mean they speak in tongues.

As for her sinning, where sins abounds grace abounds the more. Make sure you do not judge her. God uses sinners.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2008

there is a false speaking in tongues. Can anyone understand her or interpret what she says. Simply opening ones mouth and screaming shamahnahdshsjaks, does not mean they speak in tongues.

I've never seen anybody interpreting what another is speaking when it comes to strange tongues. I think it's a private thing and musn't be interpreted for it to be real. Again, why should she be speaking false tongues when she is praying in private? She cant be fooling herself, can she?

As for her sinning, where sins abounds grace abounds the more. Make sure you do not judge her. God uses sinners.

So its allowed because grace will abound the more?
Re: Speaking In Tongues by ow11(m): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2008
~Lady~:

Do people interpret tongues in Nigeria? I am yet to witness that
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Gamine(f): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2008
LOL

Redhot, you too funny.

I dont speak in tongues, i was forced to, and what i was forced to say was rubbish

if that is "tongues" and i speak it all the time
Re: Speaking In Tongues by minute(f): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2008
The holy trinity is not a God of confusion undecided undecided undecided

"Speaking in tongue" seems to be

a  huge Christian craze just now . . . . .

Everybody wants to be "filled with the spirit"

Rolling on the floor,eyes rolled back in head and screaming utter nonsense.
Lord have mercy.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2008
LOL

Redhot, you too funny.

I don't speak in tongues, i was forced to, and what i was forced to say was rubbish

Really? how? . Are you sure you were not forced to speak Uneme language or hausa? grin grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by arramyjay: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2008
I really dont know how it works and sincerely i dont believe in it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2008
I really don't know how it works and sincerely i don't believe in it.
It's real and you can always receive it after holy ghost baptism.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Ify3: 11:32am On Nov 25, 2008
How does it work?

Speaking in tongues does work. When you receive the impartation of the Holy Spirit you must surely speak in true tongues.

Will God take the gift away from you if you back slide from your born again. I

If you backslide, the Holy Spirit will disappear from you, and satan will deposit more demons inside of you.

am asking this because a girl friend of mine that attends Christ embassy speak in tongues very well and at any slightest opportunity to pray but she lives with her boyfriend who is also born again but does not speak in tongues.

She's not speaking in tongues, rather blasphemy (satan quoted the scripture for Jesus Christ). They are not born again if your findings were truth, rather 'born in sin'.

Could it be that God is not interested in fornication as a sin again?.

God has always wanted sinners to repent and turn back to Him, thus He sent prophets, Jesus Christ (His only begotten Son), apostles, etc. He has also used so many methods. In the old, people die when they disobey God. When Christ came, He introduced Grace. So you have chances of repentance (be careful lets you die before repentance).

I don't speak in tongues, i was forced to, and what i was forced to say was rubbish

You were not forced to. You were led to, but your interest is not there. Believe in Holy Ghost Baptism and you will receive, then you'll come back to confess it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by kolaoloye(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2008
I do not forbid speaking in tongues but not every tongue is genuine.
The fact that a donkey prophesies does not make her a prophet.
PLS DON'T FORGET THIS SCRIPTURE: 2 TIMOTHY 2:15-19

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity
Re: Speaking In Tongues by kolaoloye(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2008
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure
, whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by otokx(m): 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2008
well said
Re: Speaking In Tongues by noetic(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2008
I-fy:

If you backslide, the Holy Spirit will disappear from you, and satan will deposit more demons inside of you.

Thats not true.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by nwakaibe(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2008
After being born again, you still need to work on your behaviour. You must take necessary steps to stop your old life style. It is your spirit man that got born again not your physical body. Therefore the natural desires of the flesh still remains. The Bible says Mortify your members. It is you that will put to death the members of your body.
That is the problem with the young lady. She needs to work on her self. She should put to death the works and demands of the flesh.
it pains me when I come across young people who really desire to serve the Lord but are caught in immoral life style. I know on first hand basis what it means to struggle against the desires of the flesh. I think churches should have dedicated units to address these challenges in youths.
Why I am saying so? This problem cuts across all the churches. I know what I am saying. I have had the privilege of interacting with young people from different churches who have such problems. I led a campus fellowship and functioned as a youth pastor in my former church.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
@I-FY
Can you differentiate between a backslidden christian and a born again christian that just sinned against God unless born again christians don't sin at all?

If they do sin at least once a day, does it mean that satan will come and deposit more demons inside them?
Re: Speaking In Tongues by NubianQ(f): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2008
well, As the saying goes, Practice what you preach. to be Honest if she decides to speak in tongues or not its her business. I guess we all cant be perfect but, cant judge, i hope she doesnt pretend to live alone though. that wont be nice.

As for speaking in tongues, havent gotten to that stage but we all dont have to. God sees it all. in the End we all have to take responsibility.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by RedHotChic(f): 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2008
That is the problem with the young lady. She needs to work on her self. She should put to death the works and demands of the flesh.
it pains me when I come across young people who really desire to serve the Lord but are caught in immoral life style. I know on first hand basis what it means to struggle against the desires of the flesh. I think churches should have dedicated units to address these challenges in youths.
Why I am saying so? This problem cuts across all the churches. I know what I am saying. I have had the privilege of interacting with young people from different churches who have such problems. I led a campus fellowship and functioned as a youth pastor in my former church.

@Nwakaibe,

A very brilliant response. I think the issue of the flesh is not limited to youths alone. Older adults partake in immorality too and the greatest epidemic raving through the pentecostal movement is the sin of sexual immorality while we pretend to be pure with our holier than thou attitude. Does it mean that if a born again christian is busy working on his/her flesh, he/she can still retain the gift of the tongue even though the flesh is still weak?

As a pastor, what have you done to revive fellow pastors that seem to worship money nowadays more than the very God they should be teaching? Don't you think that its this money worship that is the root of all evils in pentecostal churches?
Re: Speaking In Tongues by JJYOU: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2008
RedHotChic:

@Nwakaibe,

A very brilliant response. I think the issue of the flesh is not limited to youths alone. Older adults partake in immorality too and the greatest epidemic raving through the pentecostal movement is the sin of sexual immorality while we pretend to be pure with our holier than thou attitude. Does it mean that if a born again christian is busy working on his/her flesh, he/she can still retain the gift of the tongue even though the flesh is still weak?

As a pastor, what have you done to revive fellow pastors that seem to worship money nowadays more than the very God they should be teaching? Don't you think that its this money worship that is the root of all evils in pentecostal churches?
being nigerian dont help too
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Lady2(f): 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2008
I've never seen anybody interpreting what another is speaking when it comes to strange tongues. I think it's a private thing and musn't be interpreted for it to be real. Again, why should she be speaking false tongues when she is praying in private?  She can't be fooling herself, can she?

Speaking in tongues is not so mush a private thing. There has to be an interpreter, so just because someone opens their mouth and start spewing "sounds" does not mean it is speaking in tongues.
And yes she canfool herself, infact people who are so eager to speak in tongues and measure their holiness by it are usally fooling themselves, and those who do not know about the gift of tongues are easily fooled by it.

I saw that Gamine wrote that she was forced to speak in tongues. When I was a pentecostal, I was forced to speak in tongues, and many times I was criticised for not jumping up and "catching" the Spirit.
I usually repeat what they say so that they will leave me alone.

Let me give you an expample of the Spirit working. An Italian lady that I know is a public speaker and she travels speaking about Christ. She grew up in New York, and she doesn't speak spanish. She traveled to Mexico to speak to some teens, and of course she had an interpreter. When she speaks in English the person is supposed to interpret in spanish. sShe was worried about communicating well with the youth. So she prayed and she went up to the stage and as she as speaking she noticed that the interpreter wasn't saying anything, she stopped and asked her to speak, but the interpreter told her that she didn't have to that the woman was speaking perfect spanish.
The woman thought it was a joke, so she got someone else to interpret and the person said the same thing.
This woman thought she was speaking english, when infact her words were spanish.

This is an example of speaking n tongues.

Now it doesn't always happen that way, but the point is, if you speak in tongues, there should be an interpreter.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Lady2(f): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2008
So its allowed because grace will abound the more?

No sinning is not allowed because grace abounds the more, i am saying it is not up to you to determine who God will use. Grace is a gift and he can give it to anyone he wishes to. So be careful don't judge her.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Lady2(f): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2008
Do people interpret tongues in Nigeria? I am yet to witness that

Anyone can open their mouth and spew "sounds' it doesn't make it tongues. People assume that if tongues is a strange language it wouldn't sound like anything close to a language. Infact it should be a legible language. When the disciples were speaking in tongues they were speaking legible languages, because others could understand them. They spoke arabic, syriac and more. So you see shamananananana is not a legible language and therefore isn't tongues.

People are speaking shamdahfkdfsls that's why you don't have interpreters. They're not real.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Lady2(f): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2008
Speaking in tongues does work. When you receive the impartation of the Holy Spirit you must surely speak in true tongues

Not for everyone.

If you backslide, the Holy Spirit will disappear from you, and satan will deposit more demons inside of you

Not true, Peter backslided and he was still an apostle. If this is the case, then no one has the holy spirit.

She's not speaking in tongues, rather blasphemy (satan quoted the scripture for Jesus Christ). They are not born again if your findings were truth, rather 'born in sin'

Do not judge her

You were not forced to. You were led to, but your interest is not there. Believe in Holy Ghost Baptism and you will receive, then you'll come back to confess it

Rubbish. Not everyone who believes will receive the gift of tongues. there are plenty of gifts and God will give whichever he thinks is best for you.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by DavidDylan(m): 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
Not every christian will speak in tongues. It is a gift not an automatic right, you can seek it however.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by AKO1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2008

(1)

Winners Canaanland Is Not Just A Ministry But A Mystery,wonders Are Happening. / Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? / Spiritual And Great Native Doctor Do As I Say Ring, And Commanding Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.