Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp (2308 Views)

The BEAUTY Of Plateau State Orientation Camp MANGU! Five Star Hotel Or What??? / 'We Are Not Increasing NYSC Allowance” – NYSC Director General / Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by JoseRaji(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
this just happened (Wednesday, November 12th, 2014). the DG of The National Youth Service Corps, Brig Gen JB Olawumi, just left Yikpata camp in Kwara State; "shocked and disappointed at the condition of the Orientation camp" he inspected this morning... He said he'll be back in 48 hours and if he doesn't see changes in the camp, he'll shut it down!

I tell you, these corpers are overjoyed...
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mtcheeeeeeeew........ He should go and shut the whole camps in nigeria down....dats is wat we want...
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by piagetskinner(m): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hahah...make e shut am down(good news 4 otondos)
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by Texykool: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
What he should shut is his mouth

NYSC (Now Your Struggle Continues) has overstayed its use.
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by emperorscoon(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
I'm so impressed with the man...
Kwara camp is one (if not the worst ) orientation camp in Nigeria
No light
No water
No toilet
No hostel
Bad ventilation
Bad food
Bad maami market
extremely bad sound system
No sport facility...
The camp has absolutely nothing..
He should close the camp
Infact no more NYSC..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by yokiti: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
All talk and no action is the real deal in Nigeria. Is the DG saying this is the first time he will be visiting Kwara state's Yikpata camp since his appointment? I expect those that are their presently not to bank on what he said.
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by JoseRaji(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
yokiti:
All talk and no action is the real deal in Nigeria. Is the DG saying this is the first time he will be visiting Kwara state's Yikpata camp since his appointment? I expect those that are their presently not to bank on what he said.

I agree with you sir. it'll be wise to put our heads down and continue with our camp activities as we were instructed by our camp director.
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by chnovpaul(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Has it been closed? Wake me up when it has wink
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
yokiti:
u never know.., something might happen.. Brigadier Olawumi is a man of his words..this i knw... I have made a transaction with him through someone. The rehabilitation of nysc camps is the duty of the federal government .....though such rehabilitation might take time to be actualized..
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by slap1(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Mtcheeeeeeeew........ He should go and shut the whole camps in nigeria down....dats is wat we want...
You and who?
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by adesquaregirl: 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
I heard it also,but a frnd of mine told me dat d gov also visited d place n he promised 2 do sumtin abt it.according 2 her,she said dere is a little improvement.and we batch c stream 2 ogun state as deployed state dat was now ask 2 go 4 camping dere.I dnt knw d reason why,just receive d msg on my phone dis morni and I suppose 2 camp at ikenne road,sagamu.
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by adesquaregirl: 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Plz I nid a correct info abt dis,bcus I dnt lik d camp base on wat I heard abt d place..4 ogun state team, u can add me on watzapp wit dis no 07065315044 or add me on bbm 23582b97
Re: NYSC Director General Threatens To Shut Down Kwara State Orientation Camp by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
I doubt the truism of this story. I'm a 14B corps member. The said DG visited and inspected the camp during my time and nothing of such was said. He was actually happy at the event. Except that by some miracle, the camp condition worsened drastically from the way it was, I have reasons to doubt this tale. Yikpata camp is not the best nor even in the league but it is also not the worst. I am speaking only for my time there. Our difficulties were mainly on bad water supply and unkempt lavatories. There was light, the camp clinic was manageable, the hostels were not really good but they were considerably hospitable than what we find in some other camps. I don't know about Yikpata now but my experience there wasn't the worst. So I doubt this story...

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Nysc Ask Corpers To Return Inec Allowance / NYSC Criteria For Posting You To Ur Most Preffered Choice / Nysc Yet To Verify My Email Address!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.