Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Is This Section Boring? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Is This Section Boring? (3670 Views)

Pictures Of Me; That's What This Section Is For. / Is This Section(graphics And Video) Becoming Boring? / Beautify This Section With Your Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2008
Hello everyone. I remember when the graphics section was the first I would visit on Nairaland but these days the reverse is the case. Where are all our stars? Ignite this section.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2008
It's so boring am telling, as in we should talk about the trend in design industry the pros and cons,
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2008
Okay let me give it a shot.
Attached is a pic of a car. How best can you put in a human and blend with the bg. Feel free to express yourself. Inside or outside.

Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 11:04am On Nov 24, 2008
as in bring out creativity out from it just presenting it just like an AD?
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2008
I meant for people to show their photo manipulation skills.
@smartsoft, You can put yourself in the car for a start.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Kemjisuper(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2008
@Topic
Probably because there are a lot of wannabees who just can't help flooding the graphics section with meaningless topics, especially those who resort to opening up a new topic for every lil piece of scrap they can put together (no offense to the guilty ones)! angry
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2008
then if the car can face the otheway round by the left, i can fix in my self and you will see me sited in the car
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Kemjisuper(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2008
smartsoft:

then if the car can face the otheway round by the left, i can fix in my self and you will see me sited in the car

Just attempt to use the prop the way it is. It doesn't have to be modified to make it easier for you to manipulate. It's either you can do something with this image, or you cant! undecided
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by resichild(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2008
this section became boring the moment we all los focus. The truth is when u take a look down the list of topics and see the most viewed, they are either threads of ongoing projects, threads that show WIP or threads that show exhibitions. These topics are basically what we all as graphics designers are known for but now its just all about posting crap, segregating ourselves, trying to beat the other guy and what not. We should learn how to start creative topics that should keep people coming back to read, learn and marvel. We should open more threads of galleries, facts, FAQs and recent technology trends on graphics and remain dedicated to keeping the thread alive, that way people are sure to keep hitting the threads

@kemjisuper
Those CRAP POSTERS(no offense to them grin) will never quit posting cos its fun to see ur stuff ONLINE even if its substandard. But also everyone's gotta start from somewhere right? Keep the fire burning guys cheesy wink grin cool
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 8:11am On Nov 25, 2008
@kemi what about if the pics i want to place in there is other way around what then happens ?or you want me to find other pix that will fit in and you will see how i will manupulate it, it doesn't worth the hassle either, or you go pay me millions make i do am now nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, why not try do yours and seeeeeeeeeeee, busy guy here, if you free do something, when am free i will like for a free image and do that
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Kemjisuper(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2008
smartsoft:

@kemi what about if the pics i want to place in there is other way around what then happens ?or you want me to find other pix that will fit in and you will see how i will manupulate it, it doesn't worth the hassle either, or you go pay me millions make i do am now nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, why not try do yours and seeeeeeeeeeee, busy guy here, if you free do something, when am free i will like for a free image and do that

I meant it! I'm also a busy guy - maybe even busier than you can imagine. But I'll try out something on the image as it is. I'm not sure if I can put a human figure inside the driver's seat, but it's all worth a try to bring out the creativity in you.

Ps: You don't need to be paid millions just to develop your own artistic creativity. You're not that mediocre I believe cool

resichild:

this section became boring the moment we all los focus. The truth is when u take a look down the list of topics and see the most viewed, they are either threads of ongoing projects, threads that show WIP or threads that show exhibitions. These topics are basically what we all as graphics designers are known for but now its just all about posting crap, segregating ourselves, trying to beat the other guy and what not. We should learn how to start creative topics that should keep people coming back to read, learn and marvel. We should open more threads of galleries, facts, FAQs and recent technology trends on graphics and remain dedicated to keeping the thread alive, that way people are sure to keep hitting the threads

@kemjisuper
Those CRAP POSTERS(no offense to them grin) will never quit posting because its fun to see ur stuff ONLINE even if its substandard. But also everyone's gotta start from somewhere right? Keep the fire burning guys cheesy wink grin cool

I get your drift my man. I miss the days of graphic battles, challenges, concept creations, logo designs, it's now just CRAP CRAP and more CRAP!!! undecided
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by uspry1(f): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2008
Just for fun! How about this one? Do you like it?

Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2008
@uspry1, thanks for keeping the fire burning. Nice but would have loved more interaction with ur character.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Yolu: 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2008
This isn't all that great but here's my attempt:

Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 11:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
Yolu!!! I am short of words. It is almost flawless, the compositing, even the lighting. You are good. That london wey u go sit, Come back oh! Your country needs you.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Kemjisuper(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2008
Yolu:

This isn't all that great but here's my attempt:

Twas better than we could have imagined. Was about to post something meself but I guess Its back to the drawing board! embarassed

Good job! grin
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2008
wow ! this guy don break record, i'm too slow maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, well good attempt, expect me soon i will break the second record
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by wilsonhaze(m): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2008
Here's two,

Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2008
crazy graphic nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans lol happy to see we are doing things that are not real
3rd record attempt 1,

Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2008
@wilsonhaze, Since the last job we did together you disappeared abi? I will call you by tomorrow for something else. You know i shouldnt leak your secret on Nairaland?
Nice one guys.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Neptune(m): 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2008
salute y'all !

Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2008
Wow! Kofo! you have refused to meet right? This is good.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Neptune(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
i'm really sorry about that man, i really feel bad about it. i just had too much to do around that time, plus i had to travell. thanks anyways!
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2008
So Kofo will you have time later this week? This your Real Draw sef. Me I need photoshop files, complete with layers.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Neptune(m): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2008
i'm not in lagos. i'll give u a call when i get back (next week) what files do u need? i dont use photoshop o!. alot of people find that hard to believe. i use corel photopaint.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2008
Okay. Let's hope i can push the job till next week. Cheers.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Neptune(m): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2008
if it's something i can do from here u can feel me in o, i'll just mail it to u.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by smartsoft(m): 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2008
the guy doesn't use photoshop ooo he uses corel photopaint
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by Gamine(f): 12:25am On Nov 27, 2008
undecided undecided

nice ones

some others, well. . . bla
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by neo2(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi all,
i think this particular section is boring because we dont have a lot of pro graphics guys. as in those that do it for a living so they can share there experiences and challenges. do get me wrong there are good graphics guys here. but most have just a little idea about it.its either you use it for your web designs or something else. if we had guys that did billboards,magazines and so on here i think it'll be more fun.

by the way nice work on the pic manipulations. mr.neptune, u 'never sieze to amaize me' men. haba.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by sojioguns(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2008
Mr. neo, I used to belong to that school of thought and I was proven wrong. There are a lot of talented guys here on Nairaland. Imagine shooting an entirely green screen TVC and have to deliver in 72hours. You then check this same section and found the right man for the job. Search harder bro. We are blessed here.
Re: Why Is This Section Boring? by neo2(m): 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2008
ofcourse we are blessed here lol!. but im sure u did'nt share what you did on that project here. or i did'nt see it. thats exactly what im saying. its people like you that should keep the forum alive. all a graphics guy can do is showcase his works. people like you that are in the field should be able to throw up challenges and so on. anyways we'll get there soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Logo In Yoruba / USA Used Nikon D5200 Camera, 24.1 Megapixels(Sold) / How To Easy Generate Calendar In Coreldraw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.