Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? (1258 Views)

Cheapvccs.com Virtual Bank Account Boa Vba Avs Vcc Paypal Vcc Ebay Vcc / Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by mrpataki(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2006
I have been researching on a feasiblity of internet market here in Nigeria where we can make use of our credit cards system, DHL or UPs whichever is applicable there in the country. Please give me your own views and opinions soon,
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by javac: 4:49am On Oct 30, 2006
I think it would be a great idea and will work if the banks can help curb fraud
If you are tech-savy and you currently reside in nigeria
Please, I would like to hear from you
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by mrpataki(m): 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2006
Got your message javac, you could get me on gp_tosin@yahoo.com. at the moment i reside in Nigeria.
Expecting a mail from you soon. thanks
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by kazey(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2006
1. Accepting credit cards from Nigerians, is scary. I wouldn't recommend that, considering possible charge backs, and the rate of crime from Nigeria etc, but you can use the tradition way. Credit card verification and contract agreement, whereby once they are verified and sign the contract, charge-backs cant be established with that specific credit card.

2. The inclusion of an Escrow system would help too, but that should be done either by interswitch or bank account deposit, which means payments are irreversible.

3. A good seller verification system in place.

4. A good reputation system.

The rest is pretty just like the others.
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by xanadu: 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2006
I agree with most of your points kazey - you have really hit the nail on the head.

But you suggest that the escrow payments should be irreversible - what then does happen in a GENUINE case where the item purchased and shipped to them is not the same, or is significantly different from the item advertised by the seller? Would the buyer, who I presume would have already paid the escrow deposit, then lose their money?
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by Seun(m): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2007
Moved to Webmaster Section.
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by nduaj(m): 11:16am On Mar 28, 2007
hello,
There is a service about to be launched for webmasters who want to intgrate their site (or clients sites ) to the interswitch netork so people can pay for online services using thier ATM cards (which evry 8 of 10 bank account holders own).
this service is cheap, affordable for webmasters with excellent customer care units.
Integration to the service is easy. though you will be assisted by our team of programmers.
pls watch out for details cheesy
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by naomijt(f): 7:42am On Mar 30, 2007
you will be assisted by our team of programmers
@nduaj: what company is this? Interswitch?
Re: How Feasible Is An Internet Market In Nigeria, More Like An Ebay Operation? by femigb: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2007
Check out http://www.nairamall.com. This site is quite similar to ebay.

You can create your own store in minutes. No technicalities required to integrate it to instant payment because your store is automatically integrated to netnaira (http://www.netnaira.com) and most of the card payment systems in nigeria.

Check out this sample phone store http://www.nairamall.com/SampleStore/index.php

It supports online shopping and delivery, instant payment, great site customization. It's all you need if you want to start selling right away.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Blogging. / Help / My Web App: NoPay - A Search Engine For Free Things Like Airtime, Data, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.