Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me (5277 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University / Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Here are 20 things films have led us to believe(Especially Hollywood).Here are few i decided to share for laughs.

#1.Large, loft-style apartments in NewYork City are well within the price range of most people—whether they are employed or not.

#2.Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don’t worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right one.

#3.It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts: your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

#4.When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightlybluish.

#5.Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their arch enemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.

#6. All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets that reach the armpit level on a woman, but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

#7.It’s easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

#8.You’re very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

#9.Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German or Russian officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German or Russian accent will do.

#10.A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

#11.Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always say: Enter Password Now.

#12.Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.

#13.All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they’re going to go off.

#14.A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

#15. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you meet will know all the steps.

#16. All black cats are evil.

#17. Witches and cultists usually dress in black and red.

#18. If aliens invade earth, the USA would be their destination and the only place they would destroy.

#19. If any insect bites you, you will get a super power from it.

#20. Aliens understand English.

Very important bonus
*Actor no dey die gringringrin

92 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by zizazizu: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2014
#10 (man wincing when woman cleanses his wound but does odeshi when beaten by a mob) and #18 (aliens invade only US) really got me laughing. I thot I was the only one who noticed. Nice one op.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by ERCROSS(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
* That awkward moment when JET Li start flying in the air without wings,
Walking on water without a canoe...
and prefers to kill a thousand soldiers with that small fist of his...

And d next tin, u see ur little brothers doing kungFu outside coolafter the movie..
And u be like ::Johnny.. Wetin u dey take the broom strand wey dey ur hand do ?
And johnny answers:: brother, No be broom oo, Na sword, ....

Future jackie Chan's

grin

cheesy

29 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2014
LMAO #9 got me!

21. When under heavy fire, all your enemies suddenly have unsteady hands and you always escape the bullets, but your own accuracy increases exponentially, that you make nothing other than head-shots

22. Even if the car turns over 5times, you always come out fine

Your moniker though

9 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2014
That makes their movies more interesting

Unlike our people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Lordabas: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

They taught me that your smallpenís cant satisfy a woman
lipsrsealed

But you still got a chance if she's asian grin
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by olempe(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2014
So true cheesy
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by sucreblazing(m): 11:33am On Nov 13, 2014
FACT! !!
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Freshtomato(f): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2014
#10. really cracked me up

Let me add.

*it takes less than 5 seconds for poison to kill someone

*every old. Man/woman must cough before dying (especially Olu Jacobs)

* after planing to kill someone from the beginning of the movie towards the end when you finally have a chance, you decide you want to look them in the eyes before killing

* The villain always dies at the end of the movie

*When you hear a weird sound from a dark corner, instead of running, you just have to check what it is

4 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by adegunwa4real(m): 11:44am On Nov 13, 2014
cheesy
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nostalgia21(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
lol.. laughter wan tear my belle oo
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by abdulaz: 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
When you are on a mission and all your fellow soldiers are dead, there is 99% chance of still completing the mission.

3 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
#15 really got me laffin . . . Lemme add mine

*it is only america that terrorist always wanna attack , n yh it is only in america that earthquake, hurricane, flood, will happen and it wont affect the white house bt affect other parts, n oooh lastly d power station can get blown up n other part wil remain in darkness bt the yeye fbi no matter what deir computer will always remain on even if natural disastar occurs, na wa oo grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
just incase grin

4 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Drfash(f): 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
india movies dance steps
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Smurfette(f): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Lwkmd, nice one OP
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by emeka94(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
So true. Lmao

1 Like

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by kelechiMarie(f): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
So true Hehehehehe
Terrorists attack only america and the bad guys are the Russians and Asians.

4 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Lumyboi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
grin nice one op
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Adesam09(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
FUNNY
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
grin very true
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by gift01: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
zeemahn:
grin very true
after countless drifting, holding sharp breaks and vigorous driving leaving skid marks all over the place, your car tires are likely to still remain as good as new..... FAST AND FURIOUS.... I BOW:::::

ghosts always appear and disappear with a sound from a keyboard and and the females always have scattered hair plus they always wear white gown and under sun have shadows....... P.s, they look left and right before crossing the road(end of the wicked)

NOLLYwood : 99% of all situations happens in Igbo Land and when they travel to "THE CITY" it is either lagos or aba.... And they always leave their houses at what looks like 8am and arrive Lagos by what looks like 2 or 3pm.

The poor suffering man always has a friend who made it big in the city and introduced the friend who became also rich over night.... Hmmmmm....

Hollywood: you can easily break a mans neck by pulling him and turning his neck.....

You have a knife, another has a gun... You both are far apart and he give several shots to kill you but u somehow always kill the man with the gun....

Nollywood: all the boys and men in the time when technology had not come to africa always have nice hair cuts and their hair is always well carved like the work of a clipper....

In the middle of a thick forest at night and no moon, somehow theres always light reflecting on the bodies of the people that looks like flood light.....

Children always talk like they are sick or shy or like someone somewhere in the house is making them shy to act normal....(kids in hollywood movies.... I wonder how they get them to act soo natural)

In the bedroom with your husband alone and you still cover your body as if someone else is in the room.....

Having S3X with your boyfriend or husband alone and you still cover yourselves with thick blanket or duvet...... Who una dey decieve or hide from?

Hollywood: one Tiny doll slaughters full grown and able bodied adults like chickens(Chucky i hail thee) shey na CHUCKY be DOLL OF WAR??
Abeg i cant fit shout..... My own two cups of garri tho....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by lordraiden(m): 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
Still waiting to knw how it almost killed u.i learnt dat in nollywood ghost ansa calls and 12yrs leta in anoda movie d dog and chicken in d compound did nt add an inch.mayb dey teleported 12yrs in2 d future or d dog and chicken are immortals

4 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Your clothes always come out dry even if you escaped from a sinking submarine at the bottom of the ocean.

Kissing at the end of a horrific plane crash makes the pain go away and everyone forget it happened

Never run through a corn field at night. You will turn up dead

5 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by swaystunna(m): 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Lmao,Spot on.jack baeur will never die even if hes handcuffed n a bomb is placed in hes pants.he must excape.smh

4 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Wisegeek01(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Only in indian movies will a teacher catch a student with "Espo" and they start dancing*

https://www.nairaland.com/1984164/funny-pictures-phone#27870115

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hollywood: The protagonist always has a best friend who is less attractive than him/her.

If you punch a shark, it will let you ride it.

A bullet can send a man flying like a UFO.

Btw lol at the third rule, it's actually called inverse ninja strenght or principle of evil marksmanship. It states that:

When confronted by ninja(s), the individual ninja will be far more powerful than a group of ninjas. To see the effectiveness of a group of ninjas simply use the equation power= 1/n, where n is the number of ninjas. Don't worry about the group of 1,000 ninjas, worry about the single guy, according to The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength

source: urban dictionary

2 Likes

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Dreyl(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Bollywood movies they can't act without singing.

1 Like

Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by LMAyedun(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
Interesting!
But how does all these almost killed you??
Re: How What I Learnt From Movies Almost Killed Me by Profcamsey(m): 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
*actor go always get wife or girlfriend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

{####teachers Day Kavita} Happy Teachers Day Kavita In Hindi, Poem, Poetry 2016 / 10 DEADLY WEAPONS OF THE MIDDLE AGES[PHOTOS] / Plz Which Federal University Is Accepting Direct Entry From Osisatech Poly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.