Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos (917 Views)

(photo): When Your Boyfriend Says He Likes White Girls / Nigerian Artistes Form, But In Reality They Are Broke - Davido / Top 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Born With Silver Spoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by kendrick93(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2014
I get most of my entertainment
online, but once in a while I find
myself sitting with cousins and family
watchin TV, usually whatever
they prefer. One evening while
viewing music videos on Soundcity . I
noticed that in half an hour I’d seen
about five videos featuring white
people. I wondered out loud, “why
are they so many white people in
Nigerian music videos?” It never fails
to boggle my mind how much media
representation white and light-
skinned people get in the so-called
“Black continent”, however my
cousins shot back with
rationalisations: “these videos are
being shot in South Africa.” As if
there are only white people in South
Africa. I’ve also been told “these
videos were shot in the UK”. I
suppose we should ignore the strong
suspicion that the only reason the
video was made in the UK was so as
to include white people in every
frame. From Davido's Skelewu to
Timaya's Ukwu , even to songs sung
in pidgin , a supposedly
quintessentially West African working
language, white people keep popping
up in the music videos. just take alook at patorankin happy day video,there is just no reason for him to go abroad and use the whites as d casts when infact a black girl with a sense of african tradition would hav been d best choice.
Is it an inferioty complex or what?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by eunisam: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2014
To bridge the gap between the white and black. #SayNoToRacism
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by Whizzdom(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2014
If you ask me .... na who i go ask? grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by IfyAwazie(f): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2014
Not just white ladies but fair ones. They believe dey are more beautiful and flashy. That's why our ladies are useing whiteous.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by Kylekent59: 11:58am On Nov 13, 2014
Because they love angels so much
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by Mrval20(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
And you blame our ladies when they bleach their skin.
Inferiority complex....anything white is superior.
The same reason why white mediocre engineers are usually preferred over our talented brothers in the field, by our indigenous companies.
We have to deal with it, I guess.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by vandalZA(m): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
kendrick93:

I get most of my entertainment
online, but once in a while I find
myself sitting with cousins and family
watchin TV, usually whatever
they prefer. One evening while
viewing music videos on Soundcity . I
noticed that in half an hour I’d seen
about five videos featuring white
people. I wondered out loud, “why
are they so many white people in
Nigerian music videos?” It never fails
to boggle my mind how much media
representation white and light-
skinned people get in the so-called
“Black continent”, however my
cousins shot back with
rationalisations: “these videos are
being shot in South Africa.” As if
there are only white people in South
Africa. I’ve also been told “these
videos were shot in the UK”. I
suppose we should ignore the strong
suspicion that the only reason the
video was made in the UK was so as
to include white people in every
frame. From Davido's Skelewu to
Timaya's Ukwu , even to songs sung
in pidgin , a supposedly
quintessentially West African working
language, white people keep popping
up in the music videos. just take alook at patorankin happy day video,there is just no reason for him to go abroad and use the whites as d casts when infact a black girl with a sense of african tradition would hav been d best choice.
Is it an inferioty complex or what?
his telling the truth 90% of Nigerian hip hop music videos of popular artists are shot in south Africa.........if you have ever been to south Africa you will notice the buildings and roads also with the number plate of of that cars that are featured in the videos written GP at the end of the code of the number plate/registration that stand for Gauteng Province where you find Pretoria and jo'burg
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Prefer White Girls In There Music Videos by lilmax(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
IfyAwazie:
That's why our ladies are useing whiteous.
inferiority complex

(1) (Reply)

Snakes From Stella Oduah’s / 18+ See What This Lady Did For Iyanya On Stage / Tonto Dikeh’s Ex-boyfriend Buys Customized 10 Carat Cartier Watch 4 His New Beau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.