Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. (943 Views)

What Nollywood Tells Us About Nigeria / Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by Vikkie14: 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Coming down to another "you dont know" post. I would like to retierate the fact that these are what we see daily and it's not an exaggerated work. I welcome "constructive" objections and counter- posts.
As we come down to what we dont usually pay attention to in Christendom, i believe we also have what my "stupidity" might not take notice of whether good or versa.

1. Take a look at founders of churches. Most of them doesn't make use of eye-glass. (Doesn't know how they do it but sure that it is the evidence of God working with them).

2. Nigeria has half of its population as christians with most really religious and a handful of them going to church ONLY on Christmas or New year eve(who doesnt want God's blessing in the new year grin).

3. There are more "prosperity-preaching-pastors" than "holiness-preaching-preachers".(Don't know if getting to heaven would be determined by your wealth. #justasking. Prosperity is good but shouldn't our life be patterned after christ? Isn't that why we are called CHRISTIAN?).

4. MOST Nigerian Christians are divided along Denominational line. "Am of Paul, you are of Apollo", who is paul and who is apollo? Isn't the SAME God we called up to? Or is the God of RCCG different from CAC or that of DCLM from KICC? All churches are culprit of this. No exemption.

5. We were made to believe that Christianity is a religion. I would like to state categorically that Christianity is not and will never be a religion. CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE, A LIFESTYLE. Is that not why disciples were first called Christians at Antioch,? Isn't that why people of Antioch called them "little christ"? Because their life and doings resemble that of Christ their master? It is a lifestyle because that is the given rule by God to anyone desiring to see Him hereafter. It only comes under religion when wanting to know where you belongs to.

6. There are more 'miracle seekers' than 'heaven-goal oriented". Isn't that why there are more mountains than valleys? Jumping from one convention to retreat, to shiloh to camp just in search of miracle(s). I dont say they are not good, but "Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and EVERY other things shall be added unto you" says the Bible. So why the running from hills to valleys when you can fine-tuned your life with your creator personally if your heart is right with God.

7. Most of us doesn't believe in Tithes and Offering. Whenever that comes up in church, "Ahhh!!! Pastor have come again to milk us dry" is what they would be chanting on social media. To be frank, Tithe is compulsory and a MUST-thing-to-do while Offering is giving willingly,sacrificially and must be from the heart. Tithe is a neccessity. It is commanded by God himself in the Bible.

8. Osun is working. Osun is a leader. Osun is a Mother. Do you even believe that Osun state produces the largest number of Religious leaders(preachers, pastors, prophets etc) both past and present. The likes of late Prophet S.O Akande(baba abiye), late Prophet I.K Dairo, late Prophet Ayodele Babalola, Prophet T.O Obadare, Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Kumuyi, Pastor Ashimolowo, Prophet Moses Orimolade, Prophet Olabodun Odunayo and countless others are all from Osun state. #IfYouDontKnowNowYouKnow.

I have to stop a bit here, seems some are there wanting to air their view on the subject matter. Criticism and Complement are welcome: its a balm to the soul(what propel me to succeed, but if everyone praise or crucify me then something is wrong somewhere gringringrin #Peace.
Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by Ambrogio(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Still, the major problem with our country is religion

1 Like

Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by Vikkie14: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ambrogio:
Still, the major problem with our country is religion

I agree with your Comment. But the problem is not only in Nigeria, it permeate the whole world. The world scholars believe that if there is peace and tranquility between Israel(jews) and Palestine(muslims), terrorism would end. Because the war between the duo is seen as a religion war.
Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by padeolu: 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Vikkie14:

8. Osun is working. Osun is a leader. Osun is a Mother. Do you even believe that Osun state produces the largest number of Religious leaders(preachers, pastors, prophets etc) both past and present. The likes of late Prophet S.O Akande(baba abiye), late Prophet I.K Dairo, late Prophet Ayodele Babalola, Prophet T.O Obadare, Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Kumuyi, Pastor Ashimolowo, Prophet Moses Orimolade, Prophet Olabodun Odunayo and countless others are all from Osun state. #IfYouDontKnowNowYouKnow.

Was I.K. Dairo a prophet? :d
Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by Vikkie14: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
padeolu:
Was I.K. Dairo a prophet? :d

Yes. It's not the Musician I.K Dairo. I know you are referring to him. Its like you saying that there's just ONE Jack bearing person in the world grin. For instance, there are thousands of Vikkie in the world. So also I.K Dairo
Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by nora544: 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
7. Most of us doesn't believe in Tithes and Offering. Whenever that comes up in church, "Ahhh!!! Pastor have come again to milk us dry" is what they would be chanting on social media. To be frank, Tithe is compulsory and a MUST-thing-to-do while Offering is giving willingly,sacrificially and must be from the heart. Tithe is a neccessity. It is commanded by God himself in the Bible.

Sorry tithing is not for christians please don't twist the bile like all this properits preachers make.

We christian have offering and it must come from the heard and it should be for the poor the widow the orphan and not that pastors enrich themself.

When you look that problem in nigeria began with the growing of this new pentecost/charimatic churches and it starts with Idahosa whos churchbusiness belong now to his family, wife and son business belong always in the family.

sorry most of nigerians are only money loving miracel seeking folloers of self aclaimed so called great man of God but all this jetpastors are God of man and not real christians.
Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by Vikkie14: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
nora544:

Sorry tithing is not for christians please don't twist the bile like all this properits preachers make.

We christian have offering and it must come from the heard and it should be for the poor the widow the orphan and not that pastors enrich themself.

When you look that problem in nigeria began with the growing of this new pentecost/charimatic churches and it starts with Idahosa whos churchbusiness belong now to his family, wife and son business belong always in the family.

sorry most of nigerians are only money loving miracel seeking folloers of self aclaimed so called great man of God but all this jetpastors are God of man and not real christians.

Hmm... But sis, if tithing aint for christian, then who is it for? #justasking. Read Malachi 3:8-12. Offering is what you just described in the second paragraph. It is not compulsory to give offering and that's why its called OFFERING(giving willingly). If your pastor (#no offense ma) or whoever you are referring to are doing that, then you can withdraw your offering and give it to the poor or widow as you stated but that would not be called a Offering again but ALMS. ONLY tithe is what could make one lose getting to the Kingdom. #peace
Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by nora544: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Vikkie14:

Hmm... But sis, if tithing aint for christian, then who is it for? #justasking. Read Malachi 3:8-12. Offering is what you just described in the second paragraph. It is not compulsory to give offering and that's why its called OFFERING(giving willingly). If your pastor (#no offense ma) or whoever you are referring to are doing that, then you can withdraw your offering and give it to the poor or widow as you stated but that would not be called a Offering again but ALMS. ONLY tithe is what could make one lose getting to the Kingdom. #peace

Sorry that is not tru that is a fake doctrine from pentecost/charismatic pastors and i know it is hard to understand and malachi is not for christians and since when tithing is money soorry it is farm products.

Are we christians or are we jewish

1 Like

Re: Things You Don't Know About Nigeria Christianity. by Vikkie14: 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
nora544:

Sorry that is not tru that is a fake doctrine from pentecost/charismatic pastors and i know it is hard to understand and malachi is not for christians and since when tithing is money soorry it is farm products.

Are we christians or are we jewish

That is not a fake doctrine as it sounds to you. If you are from catholic or whatever, you might hold that view. Even if its "farm produced" as you said, i still believe its a tithe. Tithe doesnt entails money alone, it cuts across anything you can imagine. A farmer may decide to bring his farm produce as tithe(thats what they called harvesting) or sell the produce and brings the sale as tithe. You dont have to misinterprete me or the bible and call MALACHI *fake*, datz absurd statement my sis. All scripture is given by Inspiration says the Bible. Let's remember what Revelation 22:18-19 says. #Peace

(1) (Reply)

Scientific Discoveries In The Bible / Does God Still Speak To His Prophets?? / Fr Mbaka Has Been Vindicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.