Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves (19629 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. / Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Eraddray(m): 7:48am On May 10, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
All my lecturers useless back then in unilorin

They allow religion block their sense of reasoning
eeya...
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Oloripelebe: 7:48am On May 10, 2018
grin
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by wahleyz(m): 7:48am On May 10, 2018
Professor Asagba and Professor Fadoju of the Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education, Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan. My Academic Fathers

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Omuka: 7:48am On May 10, 2018
Mallam suleiman dayyabu, Dr. Faruq Abubakar, mallam goga, N.S Danladi, professor anyebe all from the department of public administration, Ahmadu bello university.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by fiercehillz(m): 7:48am On May 10, 2018
Dr. S. U. Ewansiha....Department of Crop Science, Uniben
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Adetutukemi(f): 7:48am On May 10, 2018
Dr Lafenwa Political Science department University of Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Alejoc(m): 7:48am On May 10, 2018
I like this!

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Welrez(m): 7:49am On May 10, 2018
Prof. Haruna D. Dlakwa and Dr Aliyu Manpaa both of the Department of Public Administration, University of Maiduguri. They both made me leave Unimaid well-baked and academically mature. God bless them.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by tsmat(m): 7:49am On May 10, 2018
Dr. Engr. Fapohunda the best structural design lecturer in the world and Dr. Engr. Mrs Ndububa worlds best water resources engineering lecturer Fedeeral University Oye-Ekiti.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by HomeTutor1(f): 7:49am On May 10, 2018
Dr. Aramide of Physics Department
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Tennyrank(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2018
Dr O.B. Agbadua of Banking and Finance, the current Dean of the School of Business Studies at Auchi Polytechnic and Dr. Marx Wagbafor formerly in the Political Science Department. Prof Emeka Chianu, land law authority in Nigeria and Prof Itagbor of Philosophy Department all in the university of Benin
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by AdemolaA2: 7:50am On May 10, 2018
Prof. Secim of CIU , Org & Mtg Teacher and Dean of Social & Mgt Science Dept , CIU.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by dokJ: 7:50am On May 10, 2018
Prof J.K. Emejulu....a prof of neurosurgery, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teachin Hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Lloydfather(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2018
Professor EZEUGO NA Alaba.

Professor of business strategies uni Alaba int'l mkt

My Oga, and the man wey teach me how to do business.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by keandre: 7:51am On May 10, 2018
iHart:
Prof Nnorom. I am coming back to write about him, and many more

I. C. Nnorom?
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Alejoc(m): 7:52am On May 10, 2018
nymphomaniac:
this thread is dedicated to celebrating Nigerian lecturers and professors who have distinguished themselves in imparting knowledge to students. come in and drop the name of that lecturer you respect. for me, prof emeka chianu is d best land law lecturer in Nigeria. prof Lawrence atsegbua the former dean of law deserves a mention too. both are from the law faculty uniben

Pls let people mention how those lecturers distinguished themselves as against just dropping names of those who might have just been their corrupt partner while in school..... We need to learn more about their outstanding characteristics so that other can imbibe such.... Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by sanmisaint(m): 7:52am On May 10, 2018
Mr. Owolabi of Accounting Dept. in Unilorin. He's a 1st class graduate of Engineering and later became a Chatered Accountant. So brilliant... Management accounting was his core subject

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by nabegibeg: 7:52am On May 10, 2018
Tennyrank:
Dr O.B. Agbadua of Banking and Finance, the current Dean of the School of Business Studies at Auchi Polytechnic and Dr. Marx Wagbafor formerly in the Political Science Department. Prof Emeka Chianu, land law authority in Nigeria and Prof Itagbor of Philosophy Department all in the university of Benin

Wagbafor, I remember this man back then took elective in pol science 200 level.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nobody: 7:52am On May 10, 2018
Dr Adekola Adewale. department of physics! unilag!
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Dembuk2009: 7:53am On May 10, 2018
Baba Adeola.....Lagos state university, department of biochemistry.
Dr Raimi......Lagos state university, department of biochemistry.
Mr Folorunsho now (Dr Femi)....Lagos state university, department of biochemistry.
This people are not only lectureres but act like parents!
May God bless them for me.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nobody: 7:53am On May 10, 2018
Prof. Emeka Chianu lecturer per excellence Faculty of Law, University of Benin, Benin City.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Mirryblinks(f): 7:53am On May 10, 2018
Mrs. Linda Ikechukwu, department of mass communication federal poly Nekede
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nobody: 7:54am On May 10, 2018
grin
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Olatunde10(m): 7:56am On May 10, 2018
Big Shout out to prof T. Z Adama of Dept of Animal production, FUT Minna. More Strength Sir

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nobody: 7:57am On May 10, 2018
Dr. Adesola A. M. , (also known as "Baba Guyton" or "baba keep kwaayet" )

Physiology Department of Ladoke Akintola University of Techology, LAUTECH.

"Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology" is about 1120 pages and he used to come to class to recite the textbook off-hand and word-for-word for us to put down as class note.

I can't say whether or not he can recite the whole textbook, but I think he can recite more than half of it.

He was also kind to us his project students during our final year project.

(he was my lecturer and project supervisor while in College)

One day, I saw him came out of his office almost half naked. I was thinking the man was going insane only to later discover that he was carrying out a sport related experiment on himself.

He used to say "kiiip kwaayeet" whenever the class becomes roudy and is always ready to repeat paragraphs of dictated note off-hand - when asked by students - without mincing words.

He is someone you will like to meet.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by sanmisaint(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2018
Mr. Owolabi of Accounting Dept. Unilorin
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by drseunzy(m): 7:59am On May 10, 2018
OAU lecturer will hardly be here. All of them derive pleasure in failing students and claim to be maintaining one useless standard.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by suwalee(f): 7:59am On May 10, 2018
wahleyz:
Professor Asagba and Professor Fadoju of the Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education, Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan. My Academic Fathers
hey I'm studying human kinetics ATM plz inbox me I need to ask some questions I can't send u a message via email
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Jerrosky1986(m): 7:59am On May 10, 2018
prof orubu of economics dept. Delta State University...... God bless you prof
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Timagex(m): 7:59am On May 10, 2018
Let's do it. I dedicate this to professor yk salami, dept of philosophy, oauife. Also to Dr oyelakin for forcing us to learn the hard way shocked. Dr gbadegesin or rel dept, i respect you sir cool.

wink
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Elliot2(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2018
Professor Ndimeli, sir Austin Sado,Innocent Kasarachi,and lastly,professor Alerachi. These are the only lecturers in the Department of Linguistics and Communication Studies,who know why they are lecturers. #Uniport.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Yankiss(m): 8:02am On May 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
I also celebrate Prof Akindele of the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). The five-round lecturer. His manhood na wire

You talk like you chop. Eye witness or pussy witness? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Advice on Handwork A Nigerian`student Could Learn.. / The Most Precious Resource You Must Learn To Use Smartly To Avoid Being Poor / At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.