Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Mistakes Joagbaje Made - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mistakes Joagbaje Made (1666 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by paulGrundy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
1. Trying to prove miracles to trolls. Forgive my use of that word, but it best brings out the description am trying to potray. Many of the skeptics you are showing these testimonies to do not believe in healing. Even if God used you to grow the amputated limbs of oscar Pistorius they would never believe. these people are out there to ridicule and mock you, they don't want to see the truth. Even before you made your response on sirJohns thread, some had already been implying that you are trying to bribe sirJohn even in the face of sirJohns baseless accusation. What am typing is not to be taken lightly, because [size=15pt]am seeing someone that is being setup for an elaborate diabolic scheme. Smh. And if care is not taken, those vultures in Nairaland may involve the police and accuse you wrongly. Wisdom is profitable to direct![/size].

Trolls are there to annoy you and distort the facts, what they need is not videos of live miracles what they need is a personal demonstration of power
What sirJohn needs is not videos of miracles, he needs a miracle! That's the only way the truth of jesus' power can be real to him!
Videos of healing schools, miracles are for belivers, to strenghten their faith! Instead of posting videos, invite them to your meetings!

2. Posting sensitive information online:

Hmm. You are not a child, you need not be told this, but I feel a sense of responsibility on my part to tell you. People have a very strong tendency to harm others when they are anonymous. Nairaland is a site where everyone is anonymous. There have been cases where some people have been beaten, harassed threaten (I have gotten threat e-mails a lot from my Jehovahs witness friends in this site btw on one occasion a death threat!) or even killed by internet enemies. Be careful! posting sensitve information about yourself and those who received their healing through you exposes you to danger!

https://www.nairaland.com/1995144/breaking-news-joagbajes-miracle-hiv/5

joagbaje:

MY FULL RESPONSE

i will summarize . Jeff testifies of being healed of HIV. Actually That's about 2years ago or 3. I asked for his medical records he said he could get it within the week. And I assumed he had. I sought his consent on the testimony being shared online . He consented . I asked for the editing of the video .which was done . And a Clip from from the particular programme which Jeff mentioned. Was presented which actually fit Jeff story and also looked like him to a great extent. Except that the other guy looks very sickly and lean which could also be attributed to the ailment . But to be very sure . The video link was sent to jeff on whatsapp to verify if he watched the video and if he was the one being prayed for And he affirmed , so that clears me of any deliberate manipulation . I can send the screen shot of the whatsapp conversation to Gombs if he could post it for me. Sir john also saw the chat because I posted the screen shot to him also.That's that about the Video.

Then concerning his healing. Noe Somebody may ask why i didn't insist on seeing the medical report.the answer is simple I know beyond doubt that the person I prayed for in that video was healed . So the issue is was it Jeff?. And Jeff confirmed he was. So I had double assurance . The witness of the spirit in me on the day of prayer and Jeff affirmation. My shock came when Jeff's pastor watched the video and said it's not Jeff and he gave the video to Jeff and said Jeff said he's not sure it's him. I gave the development feedback to Sirjohn that they said it's not him. And Sirjohn told me that Jeff had admitted to him before also that he watched the video and that he was the one. Sirjohn even posted the audio of the conversation. And he warned that he doesn't trust Jeff .

On why I was not keen on being the one to present the medical evidence . Firstly Because some people here will claim it's manipulated . [size=16pt]I prefer the investigators to talk with the testifier and ask him for proof of his healing[/size]

#another mistake. If the investigator is a skeptic, he would say he confirmed from Jeff that you are fraud, and that the proofs were faked and that the miracle was staged. All he just needs is a ridiculous and senseless point and then the arguments goes on and on and on..typical of internet trolls.

Have you then achieved anything? No. Remember what they did to pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
And also because of my previous discussion with Sirjohn. He had ask if I can present any miracle through prayer ,he would travell there to investigate and talk with the Neighbours and relative and medicals . So I left the investigation for Him.

So I gave the challenge. For john to find out if this miracle was staged or a fraud as they claimed. I gave the phone number of the guy with the understanding that he had his papers now. When john told me the guy didn't have them , I called him to ask. He said he is now living in delta. And he is out of job. He didn't even have money to go and get the records. I asked for his account no. I sent 30,000 to him.and later another 10,000. Sirjohn will bear witness that the guy sometimes doesn't pick calls for days

grin grin grin grin. I can hear a faint laughter of sirjohn behind his handle. Smh. The guy is just taking your goodwill and generousity for a ride. [size=20pt]how am I not sure that this is a ploy by sirjohn to extort money out of you. Just saying...[/size] am not accusing anyone, I just want to you to think about it. But whatever you do, NEVER GIVE IN TO CHEAP BLACKMAIL.
I dealt with john with all transparency . Jeff claimed he got his doctors report from of of the doctors who had been transferred to Owerri. But he said they were robbed on the way and he had to go back and start all over. I agree to still give him even if it's 100,000 . To avoid. Story. Sir John was even warning me . That the brother may be taking me for a ride. While we are still waiting for that . I introduced his pastor to john who knew about the history of his ailment

grin cheesy sirJohn may infact be taking you for a ride .

Finally I had to get his pastor and his ex Fiancee to go to one of the hospitals to get the record of his first test of HIV positive which was sent to Sirjohn. There were 3 hospitals where he said he had test. They've not been able to get the one for HIV negative. He was to go to owerri again . His pastor finally concluded Jeff should do another test now. And he later called me that Jeff travelled. I've called him and sent message . So I'm waiting for the other reports and feed back. And he finally present them . They should be well Scrutinized for any falsehood. And there need be . Jeff can be compelled to do fresh test. If there's anything else I remember I will re post. That's it for now

My advice!

Stop trying to prove anything to sirJohn or anybody, but whatever you do, be careful.

Any way I have prayed for you and I firmly believe in my spirit that any conspirator of any manipulative scheme shall be disgraced openly by the power of the holyghost!

4 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Go on..
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Topgainer: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Op. You have completely missed the point.

I am not doubting God's ability to cause the re-growth of an amputated leg but here is the challenge.

When God has not decided to re- grow one, artist who preferred to be called Pastors go ahead and create a scene depicting such a miracle through thoroughly edited video presentations.

Most times with the intention of forcing God to take glory from lies apparently but the real intention is to create a brand around their names and make a top grossing business out of their miracle Superstar Status
Fortunately, not all Pastors are involved in this show of shame

3 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by paulGrundy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tag: Gombs
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by mbaemeka(m): 2:51am On Nov 14, 2014
PaulGrundy,

I agree with everything you have said above. It's quite unfortunate at the turn of events albeit I wasn't privileged to see any of the said videos as I am one of those that staunchly believes the name of Jesus can heal any sickness or disease and as such, I ALWAYS believe in any miracle wrought in the name.

What was also unfortunate, is how otherwise naturally intelligent men kept intentionally misconstruing the stories and at times twisting them to make bro Jo look guilty. For example, Jo said he got the inner witness in himself that whoever he prayed for in that video got healed and when the so-called Jeff Niboro claimed the person to be him and also that he had medical proof that he was indeed healed of HIV Jo believed him wholeheartedly- who wouldn't? Especially when a HIV positive status is something that 99% of those suffering from, prefer to keep it clandestine. That's why Jo had the confidence to upload the video. But what did the naysayers claim? They claimed that Jo said the inner witness told him Jeff was the person in the video and one of them raised it as a poser to the cheers of his mischievous brothers.

As per John, he is now claiming to be giving Jo a soft-landing but that is not the case. Even he is convinced without a doubt that Jo is no fraud. He is only here to get his cheer-team heap faux praises on him while he surreptitiously attempts to bilk Jo of half a million Naira. Anyone reading his write-ups can tell that Jo only believed someone who wasn't telling the truth because he was trying to prove to these guys that the name of Jesus still heals today.

I didn't bother commenting on that thread about an hour ago when I peeped in and saw it. I have seen supposed true gospelers, atheists, mockers of the faith and JWs stand together and agree on one thing that they are so excited about. Let a few weeks pass and you would see 'caustic13' and 'irrationalsouls' say Christianity as a whole is fake and watch how the true gospelers won't be able to say a word against it because to a subtle degree they have already concurred with the atheists by endorsing their bile on that thread.

There is still more to happen. Even those who criticized now would renege in the near future. Some would stubbornly trudge on and be exposed (Euphemism alert). Mark it.

3 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 14, 2014
Festus Keyamo thread.
Didn't know the "pastor" still has silent admirers.

instead if admitting their client was wrong to have towed the path that he did, they are analysing.

Instead of admonishing the said pastor for his demeanour and conduct in the whole affair (which I must say has been far from exemplary), it is now "a scheme to ridicule" the said pastor.

The hot air produced by the poster before me can permanently damage the ozone layer.
Continue.
Continue endorsing those who bring shame and ridicule to the body of Christ.
Continue defending acts that are inimical to the growth of the church.
Continue giving fodder to those who feel Christianity (and consequently the work of salvation done by Christ) is not real.

God is not mocked. Whatever you sow you shall reap.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 14, 2014
Whether a miracle took place is a subject for debate but this episode has revealed a whole lot to me. Top on the list are:

1) There are people (including shameless Christians) whose delight is the fall of another.

2) One should exercise great caution before going public about a said miracle. A cue should be taken from the Catholic church on this. She can take years before going public with the talk of a miracle.

3) Joagbaje deserves respect for his role in establishing the lie of the one known as Jeff. My respect for him dropped with the e-fights on the tithe thingy but after yesterday it increased again.

4) Claims of miracles should be investigated by independent parties. Sirjohn did well to have investigated joagbaje's claim.

Though his investigations did not indict joagbaje of any fraudulent act but it did reveal the lies put forth by Jeff. People should always put on their skeptical hats when confronted with claims of miracles.

5) People are very ready to rubbish the name of another simply because they do not agree with the views of the accused. Notably are the so called Christians who revealed their vulture-like tendencies yesterday.

6) etc.

2 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Gombs(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2014
paulGrundy:
Tag: Gombs

I'm here!

Good morning
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Gombs(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2014
mbaemeka:
PaulGrundy,

I agree with everything you have said above. It's quite unfortunate at the turn of events albeit I wasn't privileged to see any of the said videos as I am one of those that staunchly believes the name of Jesus can heal any sickness or disease and as such, I ALWAYS believe in any miracle wrought in the name.

What was also unfortunate, is how otherwise naturally intelligent men kept intentionally misconstruing the stories and at times twisting them to make bro Jo look guilty. For example, Jo said he got the inner witness in himself that whoever he prayed for in that video got healed and when the so-called Jeff Niboro claimed the person to be him and also that he had medical proof that he was indeed healed of HIV Jo believed him wholeheartedly- who wouldn't? Especially when a HIV positive status is something that 99% of those suffering from, prefer to keep it clandestine. That's why Jo had the confidence to upload the video. But what did the naysayers claim? They claimed that Jo said the inner witness told him Jeff was the person in the video and one of them raised it as a poser to the cheers of his mischievous brothers.

As per John, he is now claiming to be giving Jo a soft-landing but that is not the case. Even he is convinced without a doubt that Jo is no fraud. He is only here to get his cheer-team heap faux praises on him while he surreptitiously attempts to bilk Jo of half a million Naira. Anyone reading his write-ups can tell that Jo only believed someone who wasn't telling the truth because he was trying to prove to these guys that the name of Jesus still heals today.

I didn't bother commenting on that thread about an hour ago when I peeped in and saw it. I have seen supposed true gospelers, atheists, mockers of the faith and JWs stand together and agree on one thing that they are so excited about. Let a few weeks pass and you would see 'caustic13' and 'irrationalsouls' say Christianity as a whole is fake and watch how the true gospelers won't be able to say a word against it because to a subtle degree they have already concurred with the atheists by endorsing their bile on that thread.

There is still more to happen. Even those who criticized now would renege in the near future. Some would stubbornly trudge on and be exposed (Euphemism alert). Mark it.

Very Concise. To say the least, I've known these guys.... I know how to handle them perfectly.

Finally, a sane thread where a civil folks can discuss

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by paulGrundy(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2014
Gombs:

I'm here!

Good morning

Good morning bro, how was your night?
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Gombs(m): 7:41am On Nov 14, 2014
striktlymi:
[img]Whether a miracle took place is a subject for debate but this episode has revealed a whole lot to me. Top on the list are:

1) There are people (including shameless Christians) whose delight is the fall of another.

They are the true gospel preachers... they claim their calling is to expose the truth . They would give their hearts to see me fall or any other who does not subscribe to their line of reasoning. But... I have their antidote. wink

2) One should exercise great caution before going public about a said miracle. A cue should be taken from the Catholic church on this. She can take years before going public with the talk of a miracle.

Good pointer.

3) Joagbaje deserves respect for his role in establishing the lie of the one known as Jeff. My respect for him dropped with the e-fights on the tithe thingy but after yesterday it increased again.

He's a well refined MOG, I can vouch for that anytime any day. You should meet him one day. cheesy

4) Claims of miracles should be investigated by independent parties. Sirjohn did well to have investigated joagbaje's claim.

Albeit for latent intentions. If Jeff had confirmed it all, guess what the thread would be "Joagbaje bribed Jeff to say lies"
grin

Though his investigations did not indict joagbaje of any fraudulent act but it did reveal the lies put forth by Jeff. People should always put on their skeptical hats when confronted with claims of miracles.

Yup... it never indicted Joagbaje, for Joagbaje could easily have paid Jeff to falsify everything. I respect Joagbaje alot jare. Honesty cannot be traded for reputation.

5) People are very ready to rubbish the name of another simply because they do not agree with the views of the accused. Notably are the so called Christians who revealed their vulture-like tendencies yesterday.

6) etc.

Time, my friend, will tell
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by vooks: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2014
Joe Agbaje's mistakes

1.Miracles are exceptional and quite rare. far too rare to attract the crowds these fraudsters need. So they add to the genuine stage magic.

2. Fools believe everything. I have met negroes who believe deflowering virgins cures HIV. Joagbaje peddled his BS to intelligent primates

3. Reverse psychology. You put up half of Joagbaje's bravado and anyone would start believing your BS for the mere force with which you push it. Reversed Reverse psychology blew his BS out of the water. He was provoked to dare, he dared all the more

4. Repetition. Hitler or Stalin once said you tell a lie often enough and loud enough and people start believing it. Joagbaje believed his own lies. So sniffed HIV demon(s) leaving the man he prayed for but he couldn't sniff lies nor the same demons inside the man testifying from his pulpit

4 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by vooks: 8:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Quoted for posterity sake.

paulGrundy:
1. Trying to prove miracles to trolls. Forgive my use of that word, but it best brings out the description am trying to potray. Many of the skeptics you are showing these testimonies to do not believe in healing. Even if God used you to grow the amputated limbs of oscar Pistorius they would never believe. these people are out there to ridicule and mock you, they don't want to see the truth. Even before you made your response on sirJohns thread, some had already been implying that you are trying to bribe sirJohn even in the face of sirJohns baseless accusation. What am typing is not to be taken lightly, because [size=15pt]am seeing someone that is being setup for an elaborate diabolic scheme. Smh. And if care is not taken, those vultures in Nairaland may involve the police and accuse you wrongly. Wisdom is profitable to direct![/size].

Trolls are there to annoy you and distort the facts, what they need is not videos of live miracles what they need is a personal demonstration of power
What sirJohn needs is not videos of miracles, he needs a miracle! That's the only way the truth of jesus' power can be real to him!
Videos of healing schools, miracles are for belivers, to strenghten their faith! Instead of posting videos, invite them to your meetings!

2. Posting sensitive information online:

Hmm. You are not a child, you need not be told this, but I feel a sense of responsibility on my part to tell you. People have a very strong tendency to harm others when they are anonymous. Nairaland is a site where everyone is anonymous. There have been cases where some people have been beaten, harassed threaten (I have gotten threat e-mails a lot from my Jehovahs witness friends in this site btw on one occasion a death threat!) or even killed by internet enemies. Be careful! posting sensitve information about yourself and those who received their healing through you exposes you to danger!

https://www.nairaland.com/1995144/breaking-news-joagbajes-miracle-hiv/5

#another mistake. If the investigator is a skeptic, he would say he confirmed from Jeff that you are fraud, and that the proofs were faked and that the miracle was staged. All he just needs is a ridiculous and senseless point and then the arguments goes on and on and on..typical of internet trolls.

Have you then achieved anything? No. Remember what they did to pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

grin grin grin grin. I can hear a faint laughter of sirjohn behind his handle. Smh. The guy is just taking your goodwill and generousity for a ride. [size=20pt]how am I not sure that this is a ploy by sirjohn to extort money out of you. Just saying...[/size] am not accusing anyone, I just want to you to think about it. But whatever you do, NEVER GIVE IN TO CHEAP BLACKMAIL.

grin cheesy sirJohn may infact be taking you for a ride .

My advice!

Stop trying to prove anything to sirJohn or anybody, but whatever you do, be careful.

Any way I have prayed for you and I firmly believe in my spirit that any conspirator of any manipulative scheme shall be disgraced openly by the power of the holyghost!

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by sambass(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2014
Why would jeff lie? @op
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 14, 2014
my candid advice to JOEAGBAJE : pls dont advertise your anointing let your anointing advertise itsef God bless

"One day some teachers of religious law and Pharisees came to Jesus and said, "Teacher, we want you to show us a miraculous sign to prove your authority."" (Matthew 12:38)."But Jesus replied, "Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah." (Matthew 12:39).

And fellow Christian pls let us stop condemning one another and preach to the unsaved.
This na me sabi pass is not helping matters, are we saving souls or scattering during auguement?

May God help and empower us all

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 14, 2014
Where is the dead Jew to save his disciple from this ridicule and foolishness? Why is the dead Jew silent?
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Sjones: 12:10am On Nov 15, 2014
There ar NLanders dat ar followin dis threads wit d right mindsets and a lovin spirit.Jo Agbaje may hav made his mistakes.But he has won my respect.I took time to read up evry thread dat has Jo's name on it and i found sombody dat is exceptionaly sound and passionate abt d Gospel of Jesus and d need for us to exercise d authority and d power dat Christ gav us over deseases an infirmity.
His mistakes does nt take anytin away frm who he is.Evn God can overluk dem - go ask David and d disciples of Jesus.
It is very obvious dat d investigator and dos dat join him to ask for Jo's head hav no right intentions but ar biased and pqtejudiced

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by PastorKun(m): 6:31am On Nov 15, 2014
Sjones:
There ar NLanders dat ar followin dis threads wit d right mindsets and a lovin spirit.Jo Agbaje may hav made his mistakes.But he has won my respect.I took time to read up evry thread dat has Jo's name on it and i found sombody dat is exceptionaly sound and passionate abt d Gospel of Jesus and d need for us to exercise d authority and d power dat Christ gav us over deseases an infirmity.
His mistakes does nt take anytin away frm who he is.Evn God can overluk dem - go ask David and d disciples of Jesus.
It is very obvious dat d investigator and dos dat join him to ask for Jo's head hav no right intentions but ar biased and pqtejudiced

Obviously you don't know joagbaje, I have been engaging him for at least six years on this forum and I can conclude with all sense of christian responsibility that he is a deliberate fraud and even when he tries to be sincere, his knowledge of scriptures is so perverted and twisted that he ends up being 'genuinely' mistaken.

7 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by trustman: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2014
It's AMAZING how some of you guys act true to predictions!

You ignore the real issues and then attempt to twist the whole story against the person who carefully and truthfully investigated and brought out the correct position. 

The devil would really want you guys in his 'elite corps'. 

Who made the initial claim? 
Who gave the initial challenge?
Were any of these solicited for anyone to suggest a set-up?

You guys are almost impossible to reason with. Now you want to reconstruct the story and get another victim. 

For the avoidance of doubt here's a post I made on the matter:
trustman:
Joagbaje was very emphatic, one can even say too emphatic, about this case. That posture should ordinarily mean that he was very sure of his position. Offering half a million Naira would appear to any observer that he was absolutely confident of his claim. A person has to be completely sure to have gone that far. 

However, given the turn of events it is obvious that Joagbaje not only failed to  
" test the spirits to see whether they are from God"
but may himself now be classified among the " many false prophets (that) have gone out into the world." By this revelation ALL his other claims, and even his church's, are now QUESTIONABLE

SirJohn has been able to prove that this guy wasn't healed of HIV. That was the challenge. Not if joagbaje was deceived. Not anything else. Will Joagbaje keep his own side of the bargain? That is the 'common sense' thing to do. I don't seem to have seen him respond to SirJohn's simple questions. Is it a question of 'silence means consent' or that of tactical withdrawal to 'rearm'? I see some 'suggestions' being offered to Joagbaje by some who think "The only clear thing here is folks blowing stuffs out of proportions.". Really!! Does the word 'INTEGRITY' mean anything to these guys?

The bigger issue now is really this: will they learn from this or simply attribute it to the devil's work and continue to peddle their trade? The lives of many other people are at stake. 

7 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by cold(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
Sir John is now suffering the same fate the journalist who dared to put out the recording of TB Joshua's bribe plea online. He was maligned,threatened and even treated as an outcaste by his fellow colleagues. When Ese Walters came out with her infidelity exposé with pastor Fatoyinbo,rather than deprecate the pastor for shady sexcapades,Ese was lambasted on twitter,fb and other social media platforms.Nairaland inclusive for daring to 'bring a man of god down'.
It's the same everywhere with these charlatans. Once you have the goods on them,they & their co-travellers become aggressively defensive. They make you out to be the criminal for having the temerity to expose their dishonest practices. It would have been funny if it wasn't so tragic to see that in spite of incontrovertible evidence of fraudulent & underhand practices of these so called god of men their followers are non the wiser. They've got their heads so far up their aŕses they can't even see the wood for the trees. It's a sorry state of affairs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by nep2ra(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
What a lame attempt at damage control.

Ar5se-licking troll.

You and your ilk are going down never to rise again.

This is a promise!

Watch out.

2 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Marchman: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Wow, the expose by SirJohn is the best thread ever for me from Nairaland. It is the most interesting, and reminded me once again why I love coming to this forum in spite of the many things begging for my attention. SirJohn deserves to be paid the money Bro Joagbaje promised. It is a matter of integrity. The so-called miracle has been proven to be fake, with no proof to back it. Please pay Sirjohn.

Then it also demonstrates why we should be careful not to boast about our spiritual abilities. Miracles happen by the grace of God not by the spiritual might of the preacher. When it does not, we cannot force it or blame the people needing miracles for lacking faith. This reminds me of sometime in 2004 when my youngest brother was sick of cancer. After chemo and other radiation treatments failed to cure him, we took him to the healing School of Christ Embassy in Lagos.

I noticed that they were more willing to record us on video than provide succour. After many visits, my bro died as he didn't get any better. But to my surprise, my Word of Faith friends blamed us for his death. it was either we lor my late brother lacked faith. Or that we were not financially committed members of the church. Not once did they agree that may be that's how God wanted it to happen. Or that sometimes we don't understand all of God's ways. No, they insisted that the Word works ALL the time and if it didn't work for us, it was our fault. Not the Pastor's or God's. It was very painful to bear the brunt of Word of Faith people, after doing everything imaginable to save your brother and losing him. I hope this teaches Joagbaje and his ilk a lesson - that their knowledge of the spiritual is very small and that they should be humble - like Jesus was - and not to be boastful like the world. I hope it teaches them too compassion for sick people who dont buy into their miracle cure thing. Best of Luck. ManoftheYear:SirJohn!

3 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by vooks: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
Well said.
I have stated that the best way to grow a church is by peddling prosperity,miracles and prophecy. God gives all this but not as fast or as often as most men wish. So they end up 'helping' Him by adding to the genuine work of the Holy Spirit. You end up with bogus prophecies,fake miracles not to mention prosperity formulas that NEVER work.

To cover their shortcoming, they shift ALL the blame for their failures on hapless victims.

What is the motive for attracting and keeping huge numbers? Is it love for the lost,passion for your calling,vanity/bragging rights, or the money?

Anyone peddling at least one of the three ends up very rich and they live large, servants, fleets of cars, palatial homes,jets and so forth. I believe the last two are the strongest motives for this. Not bad except they leave a trail of thousands or millions of disillusioned folk in their wake
Marchman:
Wow, the expose by SirJohn is the best thread ever for me from Nairaland. It is the most interesting, and reminded me once again why I love coming to this forum in spite of the many things begging for my attention. SirJohn deserves to be paid the money Bro Joagbaje promised. It is a matter of integrity. The so-called miracle has been proven to be fake, with no proof to back it. Please pay Sirjohn.

Then it also demonstrates why we should be careful not to boast about our spiritual abilities.
Miracles happen by the grace of God not by the spiritual might of the preacher. When it does not, we cannot force it or blame the people needing miracles for lacking faith. This reminds me of sometime in 2004 when my youngest brother was sick of cancer. After chemo and other radiation treatments failed to cure him, we took him to the healing School of Christ Embassy in Lagos.

I noticed that they were more willing to record us on video than provide succour. After many visits, my bro died as he didn't get any better. But to my surprise, my Word of Faith friends blamed us for his death. it was either we lor my late brother lacked faith. Or that we were not financially committed members of the church. Not once did they agree that may be that's how God wanted it to happen. Or that sometimes we don't understand all of God's ways. No, they insisted that the Word works ALL the time and if it didn't work for us, it was our fault. Not the Pastor's or God's. It was very painful to bear the brunt of Word of Faith people, after doing everything imaginable to save your brother and losing him. I hope this teaches Joagbaje and his ilk a lesson - that their knowledge of the spiritual is very small and that they should be humble - like Jesus was - and not to be boastful like the world. I hope it teaches them too compassion for sick people who dont buy into their miracle cure thing. Best of Luck. ManoftheYear:SirJohn!

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by frank317: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
A man who is HIV positive walks into your church claiming to have been healed of his illness by you. You quickly shout 'praise the lord', then you quickly go to your achaive of vedios and get a vedio of you healing a different man. You send to the HIV positive fellow and he say 'hey, that's me.', you shout again, ' praise the Lord!!' Again and go about posting and making bets.
Someone comes up and do what you have done right from the first day this man walked into your office. Now you are still a hero?

Religion must be a disease worse than HIV if you guys don't see nothing wrong with this.

You guys must be impossible, you remind me of those bad village men in home vedios who cover obvious evil after they have been bribed.

My take? You guys have no shame.

Why did the man lie to Jo?

Why did Jo pretend he didn't know the man he prayed to was different from the man who claimed to have been healed?

What didnt any pastor see this falsehood?

Why did it have to take john who is not a man of GOD to discover the truth?

U guys are either dumb, or plain frauds
Re: The Mistakes Joagbaje Made by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
@Mbaemeka

Anyone reading his write-ups can tell that Jo only believed someone who wasn't telling the truth because he was trying to prove to these guys that the name of Jesus still heals today.

And therein lies the man's problems. In common with all these egomaniacs who run around endangering people's lives, they will go to any lengths to justify their dubious healings, the man said "he got the inner witness in himself that whoever he prayed for in that video got healed" a classic switch and bait ruse to lay the ground rules that a miracle did in fact happen and to defy anyone questioning his efficacy. What is this inner witness ? and on who's authority? is this not just a euphemism for "gut feeling" or is it some mystical spiritual thing that obtains only in the minds of charlatans?

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that in the entire sordid episode captured on video, the only miracle that occurred was the emptying of very many gullible pockets that day, they seem to me to be the real victims.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Alternative Method Of Paying Your Tithe / Prophet I.O Samuel And Bash Ali / World Anointing Night Vigil Odm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.