Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough (2021 Views)

T's Garage (landrover And Cars) / Photos: This Is Someone's Garage In Abuja / On A Scale Of 1-10 How Luxurious Do You Think This Garage Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 14, 2014
2000 24' Cadillac Deville Stretch Limo, Needs Engine - $2000

Cadi engines are common and cheap as shyte.

Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Readonee35L(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
Wow cool price nd preety clean
How much does d engine cost
Nd y do u w*nt a limo
I fink its for people who loves fun always.
U can't be pushing it errwer lik a sedan
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by AutosBay(m): 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
It's a nice car for antiquity.

1 Like

Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
Readonee35L:
Wow cool price nd preety clean
How much does d engine cost
Nd y do u w*nt a limo
I fink its for people who loves fun always.
U can't be pushing it errwer lik a sedan

Engine = 300 to 500. I guarantee that it's only a bad head gasket though.

What to do with the limo? Get one of your friends to be a designated driver on a Friday night and go club crawling of course with your friends.

Or do weddings and birthdays.

1 Like

Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by lonelydora: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
Waiting for the day secret service will auction the BEAST(Cadillac 1)

3 Likes

Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Readonee35L(m): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
CityNG:

Engine = 300 to 500. I guarantee that it's only a bad head gasket though.

What to do with the limo? Get one of your friends to be a designated driver on a Friday night and go club crawling of course with your friends.

Or do weddings and birthdays.

Wow
That's Brilliant sha.
Is to compulsory to have a Big Garage?
You can park it somewhere else ,since it won't be ur daily browser
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Readonee35L:

Wow
That's Brilliant sha.
Is to compulsory to have a Big Garage?
You can park it somewhere else ,since it won't be ur daily browser

For me yes, I like to give my vehicles the best of care and protection..

Also they clean the streets here so there are no parking days on the street.
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Readonee35L(m): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
CityNG:

Ehya
I guess the ride is not meant for you then
Some things are like that

1 Like

Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by DECOtech(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2014
CityNG:

how much can one get a used 2005 nissan quest over there?
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by lungwun(m): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2014
CityNG, your post are always helpful and insightful. I aso looked at getting a Deville/DTS for travel duties. Due to thhe Comfort and pulling power of that Northstar V8.

I couple of things put me off. Most forums recommend the Lincoln Town Car over the Deville / DTS most base their reasoning on the fact that the Northstar V8's arent that reliable plus electrical issues (the forward facing night vision camera and other electrical gremlins) I almost started falling in love with the town car but thhe 239 hp v8 i found rather appalling.

Which would you pick and why?

A little background on myself, the 3rd car i owned was a 1994 ford explorer. That girl was tough as nails! I loved her but her transmission gave out and she is sat parked in the house. Couldnt sell it for scrap as no one is interested in such an old car.

The fact i loved her gives me a soft spot for Murican cars and i want to own one. Just dont want the situation where i park another lump of american throaty v8-ness next to my beloved Wilhemina (Ford Explorer)
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by lungwun(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Just took another look on cars.com and those Devilles are ridiculously cheap!

Not much of an investment lost if something does go wrong. grin

1 Like

Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
lungwun:
CityNG, your post are always helpful and insightful. I aso looked at getting a Deville/DTS for travel duties. Due to thhe Comfort and pulling power of that Northstar V8.

I couple of things put me off. Most forums recommend the Lincoln Town Car over the Deville / DTS most base their reasoning on the fact that the Northstar V8's arent that reliable plus electrical issues (the forward facing night vision camera and other electrical gremlins) I almost started falling in love with the town car but thhe 239 hp v8 i found rather appalling.

Which would you pick and why?

A little background on myself, the 3rd car i owned was a 1994 ford explorer. That girl was tough as nails! I loved her but her transmission gave out and she is sat parked in the house. Couldnt sell it for scrap as no one is interested in such an old car.

The fact i loved her gives me a soft spot for Murican cars and i want to own one. Just dont want the situation where i park another lump of american throaty v8-ness next to my beloved Wilhemina (Ford Explorer)

Me personally, neither of them.

Not that they are necessarily bad cars but American cars in general do not do it for me. I mean I don't research them to know their intricate offerings in that way. But I know value when I see it. Any car brand that is offered in a 24" stretch limo is worth $2k, even it it's Hyundai.

I hope that you understand what I mean

I'm more in to classic cars and particularly from germany and britain but have also dabbled into japanese. It's embarrassing for me to be driving a 2009 Jetta because it lacks the soul of an older car but it's rock solid dependability assures me that I'll get to work on time and to meetings with clients grin

One thing that I'll say, it's rather philosophical and not based on economics, life is too short, do exactly what it is that makes you feel good and that you can afford.

I have a different insight into life because I work in a hospital and I see people dying everyday. This life is the only one we have, it's not a test or trial run, this is it. So buy any car that makes you feel good as long as you can afford it.

Good luck Sir.
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
DECOtech:
how much can one get a used 2005 nissan quest over there?

Search on eBay.Com, AutoTrader.Com and Craigslist.Org for ideas on pricing.

Good luck.
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by DECOtech(m): 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
CityNG:

Search on eBay.Com, AutoTrader.Com and Craigslist.Org for ideas on pricing.

Good luck.
Alright
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Export1: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
HEAVIEST LIMOUSINE

The heaviest limousine is "Midnight Rider" weighing 22,933 kg (50,560 lb). It is 21.3 m (70 ft) long and 4.1 m (13 ft 8 in) high. It was designed by Michael Machado and Pamela Bartholemew (both USA) in California, USA and begun operating on 3 September 2004.

Midnight Rider features three lounges and a separate bar and can accommodate up to 40 passengers, served by a crew of four. Its interior decor is based on the railroad Pullman cars, which were popular from the mid 1800. Its horn plays the theme of "The Midnight Rider" by the Allman Brothers.
Re: If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
Looks more like a horse trailer than a limo, IMHO.

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Volvo S60 2003 Model / Is It Gear Box Problem Or Not / Koenigsegg Crushes Bugatti Chiron's Acceleration Record! (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.