Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,153 members, 7,953,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

Ask Me About 3D Printing - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ask Me About 3D Printing (2511 Views)

3D Printing Service Is Now Available In Nigeria / Ask Questions About 3d And Visual Effects Here I Will Be Glad To Answer / Check Out These Web Banners. Then Ask Me How I Can Help You Design One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me About 3D Printing by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2014
You can ask me about 3D printing technology.
Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2014
This model is in two parts, the plastic part and the chromium part. After modeling and rendering, I decided to print the plastic part using 3D printer.

Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2014
Here is the printed object.

Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2014
Here is my 3D printer, FlashForge Dreamer

Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Leopantro: 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
how much will it cost to print copies of three different parts? how do you determine the tensile strength of the material and where are you located?
Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Leopantro:
how much will it cost to print copies of three different parts? how do you determine the tensile strength of the material and where are you located?

This printing is done using Poly(lactic acid) or polylactide (PLA) which has an industrial plastic strength i.e the print out can be fitted directly in to parts or machines utilizing plastic components. Basically, you can only print material of homogeneous strength

The Idea of printing and using directly the printed components is not cost effective, so I try as much as possible to only print a prototype, which can be use as blue print for mass production using available and much more cheaper plastic cast or recycled metals( Aluminium, Bronze). Thanks to HP for there newest multi jet fusion 3D printers. With this printer, you can actual be able to print object of different physical properties. You can determine which part and what strength to be printed.

if your have very high budgets, you can buy this monster and print in metal or even print a gun with capability of firing live ammunition.

I don't print for commercial purpose, just for my little R & D lab. I live in Lagos.
Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Leopantro: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
thanks for the info.
Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
Op just curious, how much does your machine cost?
I watch a documentary some 2 years ago about 3D printing and testing of a plastic gun. Although the damage is negligible in comparison with metal, it can still kill.

Finally, in determining tensile, compressor, and torsional strength. I think that can be simulated on Solidworks or any other CAD software. At what point does the 3D printer come in?
Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 07, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
Op just curious, how much does your machine cost?
I watch a documentary some 2 years ago about 3D printing and testing of a plastic gun. Although the damage is negligible in comparison with metal, it can still kill.

Finally, in determining tensile, compressor, and torsional strength. I think that can be simulated on Solidworks or any other CAD software. At what point does the 3D printer come in?

I was banned by spambot and I sent more 10 mails to mod, but nothing.

I bought mine from Aliexpress for 1300 USD and shipped it for 340 USD within 3 days using DHL, but I think the current price should be way below this.

Yeah, 3D printed objects are really hard and possess the strength of industrial plastic(in my own case).

Even if you simulate different properties on printed objects ie tensile, compressive strength what you need to understand here is what type of printer are you using? So far, I think only HP 3d printers employs fusion technology and capable of printing inhomogeneous objects. They have the capability of selecting and printing from five filaments,meaning can you print an object that have rubber, plastic, resin and so on at go. I have used Solidworks and Inventor to design down to material selections and part assemblies but my machine can only print using PLA filaments.
Re: Ask Me About 3D Printing by Jasi7(m): 11:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Wikidraw:

I was banned by spambot and I sent more 10 mails to mod, but nothing.

I bought mine from Aliexpress for 1300 USD and shipped it for 340 USD within 3 days using DHL, but I think the current price should be way below this.

Yeah, 3D printed objects are really hard and possess the strength of industrial plastic(in my own case).

Even if you simulate different properties on printed objects ie tensile, compressive strength what you need to understand here is what type of printer are you using? So far, I think only HP 3d printers employs fusion technology and capable of printing inhomogeneous objects. They have the capability of selecting and printing from five filaments,meaning can you print an object that have rubber, plastic, resin and so on at go. I have used Solidworks and Inventor to design down to material selections and part assemblies but my machine can only print using PLA filaments.

Sorry I quoted u pls...am not an expert in technologies such as this,but If I actually went to school and I understand english...ure sayin that 3D printers print actual objects like a gun...I no even understand...i tot printers print on paper,wich one b say u fit print gun that can fire live ammunitions...can u explain pls

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Building Plan With AUTOCAD 2011 / How To Paint An Awesome Cartoon Character Using Photoshop / Sony A7ii Mirrorless Camera. FULL FRAME. SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.