Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Nysc Should Be Converted To Full Military Training (my Opinion) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Should Be Converted To Full Military Training (my Opinion) (714 Views)

10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) / 10 Reasons Why Nysc Should Be Voluntary / NYSC Should Suspend Camping Activities Temporarily Cause Of Ebola Outbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Should Be Converted To Full Military Training (my Opinion) by mrborntodoit: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2014
Nlanders,

Due to recent killings of youth corps members ,innocent civilians during and after election,terrorism,riots,touts,robbery,kidnapping,fraud,ritual killings,jungle justice,corruption and all other forms of criminal activites by sects,groups,individuals.....etc. I have been of the opinion that it would be a positive idea to initiate the youths in the military instead of NYSC program.

It would humble the common man because corps members would be taken to another level which would be indispensable in times of crisis,resistance from external intervention,terrorism(like the issue of boko haram at hand),robbery,etc

It would also be a form of discipline which would reflect on the people and their ways of life. If almost every educated nigerian is capable of defending themselves and the few people around them then security threats would be reduced to the lowest level.

Educated nigerians would be able to endure long struggles as the military training would get them mentally ready to fight for what is right which includes challenging every form of indiscipline .

Some would gladly remain in the military after discovering their competence in the military and they would move the military forward with their knowledge in science,technology,psychology,hardware training,etc

It would also curb unemployment to an extent,strengthening the nation at large.

The Federal Government's Role

The FG would provide every facility and equipments,

The candidates would be based on #1.2M annually i:e 100k per month.

Enrollment process should be made easy so as to explore all forms of talents. All forms of tests either medical or psychological should be fully paid by the government.

Please feel free to debate on this ideas . I would be glad to read your views .
Re: Nysc Should Be Converted To Full Military Training (my Opinion) by Hanibal(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Corpses members... sensibilise...Your grammar fit bring down 3 storey building o angry
Re: Nysc Should Be Converted To Full Military Training (my Opinion) by mrborntodoit: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hanibal:
Corpses members... sensibilise...Your grammar fit bring down 3 storey building o angry

Hanibal,I wrote my ideas with the speed of light hence the mistakes, just corrected it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nysc Should Be Converted To Full Military Training (my Opinion) by Ademat7(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2014
I will appreciate it if military training is d order of the day at NYSC,like the way its done in Israel which make them have a good defense system.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Presidential Award Ceremony Now To Hold On Monday 2nd March 2015 / Jamb Error In Admission Letter... BA Instead Of BSC / Fg Scraps Nysc Sheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.