Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,891 members, 7,824,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Hairdresser/stylists Thread - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hairdresser/stylists Thread (1888 Views)

Looking For Models/stylists For Www.corporateandchic.com / 11 Things Your Hairdresser Really Wants You To Know / Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hairdresser/stylists Thread by sweetjulie(f): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Get in Here beauticians!!!
Let's share experiences, Ideas and encourage each other. To start with, where did you learn your skill?as for me, I am learning in a local hairdressing shop, and aspire to go to a beauty school afterwards, WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by sweetjulie(f): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
sweetjulie:
Get in Here beauticians!!!
Let's share experiences, Ideas and encourage each other. To start with, where did you learn your skill?as for me, I am learning in a local hairdressing shop, and aspire to go to a beauty school afterwards, WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by sweetjulie(f): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Cmon guys, this is gonna benefit us all
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by easterbabe(f): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2014
just listen to yourself " I am learning in a local salon" - what can you possibly be learning there? Do they trmeach you about hair texture, structure, composition, etc Do they teach you about the chemical composition of hair relaxers? Do they teach you why it is compulsory to use a neutralising shampoo? Why it is neccesary to have a trim? Does the salon have running water? Does the owner / teacher know how to make money from the business? What is her monthly turnover? Does she have a database of her customers? Does she even know why oeople come to her saloon?
What have you learnt so far?
Be careful because it is difficult to remove from your brain anything you put in it!
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by easterbabe(f): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2014
just listen to yourself " I am learning in a local salon" - what can you possibly be learning there? Do they teach you about hair texture, structure, composition, etc Do they teach you about the chemical composition of hair relaxers? Do they teach you why it is compulsory to use a neutralising shampoo? Why it is neccesary to have a trim? Does the salon have running water? Does the owner / teacher know how to make money from the business? What is her monthly turnover? Does she have a database of her customers? Does she even know why oeople come to her saloon?
Be careful because it is difficult to remove from your brain anything you put in it!
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by sweetjulie(f): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Well Ma/sir,
Even our fingers are not equal, and I believe I also stated that I also want to attend a beauty school. And by the way, I created this thread so we can encourage each other and not to belittle one another. So please, if you can encourage me, and if possible recommend a good beauty school I will really appreciate it. May the good Lord be with you thanks..

5 Likes

Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by flexpro(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by flexpro(m): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Downtown Beauty Academy Limited was incorporated in 2006 as a subsidiary of Dsalon Downtown Group and is committed to developing careers in the hair and beauty industry.

The school has a dynamic learning environment where opportunities are available for first- class training on all aspects of hair, beauty and cosmetology. The school curriculum deeply explore theoretical underpinnings of the subjects, as well as intensive practical training.

http://www.downtownbeautyacademy.com/
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by Anyi3(m): 1:00am On Nov 18, 2014
easterbabe:
just listen to yourself " I am learning in a local salon" - what can you possibly be learning there? Do they teach you about hair texture, structure, composition, etc Do they teach you about the chemical composition of hair relaxers? Do they teach you why it is compulsory to use a neutralising shampoo? Why it is neccesary to have a trim? Does the salon have running water? Does the owner / teacher know how to make money from the business? What is her monthly turnover? Does she have a database of her customers? Does she even know why oeople come to her saloon?

Good point but bad approach, why you wan belittle the girl thread.

@OP, do you have any ideas for growing short afro kinda like John Legend hair?

1 Like

Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by sweetjulie(f): 11:20pm On May 08, 2015
[quote author=sweetjulie post=28012361][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by meetmal03(f): 1:59pm On May 19, 2015
Re: Hairdresser/stylists Thread by junbi(f): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
flexpro:
Downtown Beauty Academy Limited was incorporated in 2006 as a subsidiary of Dsalon Downtown Group and is committed to developing careers in the hair and beauty industry.

The school has a dynamic learning environment where opportunities are available for first- class training on all aspects of hair, beauty and cosmetology. The school curriculum deeply explore theoretical underpinnings of the subjects, as well as intensive practical training.

http://www.downtownbeautyacademy.com/

Hello!

(1) (Reply)

Dude I Wore It First! Dbanj And Kanye West In Knee Length Socks Trend / Tubular Netting Stitch Bead Bracelet / I Haven't Cut My Hair In 35 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.