Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,614 members, 7,955,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria (2048 Views)

10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband / Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by kevinaduga(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
In an attempt to lash at some ugly happenings in the society today, I decided to look at the performance
of some jobs, especially how we Nigerians generally
view them.
One good thing about Nigeria is that the people do not hide their feelings no matter the situation. Anyway, the ten that we will consider have received more condemnation than the rest (my opinion). I wouldn't want to bother you with words, so, let us savour the gist.
NOTE: I write with respect to the persons doing the job as you will notice.

#10. BANKERS You probably have walked into a banking hall in the past and was very courteously addressed by a good-looking customer attendant or cashier
or teller. You fantasized momentarily over his/her
elegance only to be filled with venom on discovering that the job consumes them. Yes! The
average banker (let us take the female) does not have
time for her family, her love-life is a rumbling chaos and her smiles hardly go beneath the skin. I admire their services but will not want to call one my spouse,
at least not yet. These are different from the risk of job
loss at anytime. No wonder the increasing suicides among bankers globally

#9. TRAFFIC WARDEN
The most common reaction of a driver that has been
caution by a warden is usually a chain of invectitude. Many drivers do not want anyone to remind them about putting on their seat belts. Even passengers consider wardens a waste of precious time.

#8. HEADS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
The degree of insult the Vice-chancellors, provosts and
rectors receive from students and parents on daily basis is enough to destroy the sugarcane plantations of Brazil. It is not uncommon to hear a student remark "They have increased school fees again.
God will punish that VC abundantly!", or "So after all my night candles, they want to embark on strike just two days to exam? Their reward is in hell"

#7. TAX COLLECTORS
It did not start today. As early as the days of Matthew
the Tax Collector, we had already hated these people. Whether from the Board of Internal Revenue or from Local Government Areas, people hate to hear them knocking at the door.

#6. BAILIFFS
Their job is to seize the property of people that are not
able to pay their debts as directed by the court of law. The worst part of it is that landlords now use them as thugs and they are extra-ruthless.
Husband pleading, wife ashamed, children crying, yet
the bailiff does his job without the minutest electron of remorse.

#5. ESTATE AGENTS
They are usually considered thieves and seen as dubious. An estate agent helps you get accommodation or sell a property, but certain agents can sell an accommodation to 4 different persons, and charge
high as well. You now see the reason for the hatred?

#4. ELECTRIC POWER TECHNICIANS
Whenever they drive in their provoking vans through a
street, series of scornful hisses follow. People get nervous on seeing them because two things are involved (in Basket Mouth's voice), power is either
restored or terminated (which is the case in most cases).

#3. POLICE OFFICERS
Now this is disturbing. People has lost love for the very
people that are supposed to be friends. Maybe it is the common harassment, nonchalance and corruption that has eaten into the force, and regretably into every section of the nation.

#2. LAWYERS
Lawyers usually thrive in atmospheres of trouble,
quarrel, fights, crime and bull-headed polemics. They are quick to jump into frenzy or fracas just for your money. No news gladdens the heart of the average Nigerian than the passing on of a lawyer. When if hear
that a bus full of lawyers have crashed into the Lagos lagoon, his ecstatic remark is almost certain to be "Ah! Great news! Hope there were no survivors?
".
#1. POLITICIANS
The politician is a proof that curses are impotent. Had
there been power in curses, not one Nigerian politician will be alive today. For each soul that dies because of terrorism or penury or bad road or corruption or unemployment(consider the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment saga) or neglect, they receive tons of curses. Remember the reaction of Nigerians during the "Go and Die Era". Lol! What of the rejection of national honours my citizens that wished to express their bitterness and the open letters?

Do you agree with the list? Do you have a different
opinion? You can add yours.
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
I so agree with you!! especially wardens or whatever they call themselves, they r really a waste of time, its sick. I can't imagine myself standing under sun, over working my hands angry I mean..what's the need of traffic lite?? undecided

as I was coming back from the salon today, I saw a warden directing traffic, upon say traffic lite dey work shocked undecided

the electricity people too..choi, anytime I see them with that their okrika ladder, the next thing that comes out of my mouth z "these useless people don come cut person lite" angry

I'm done typing.
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
mcteew
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by naturally: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
True talk
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by kevinaduga(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
EroticAngelina:
I so agree with you!! especially wardens or whatever they call themselves, they r really a waste of time, its sick. I can't imagine myself standing under sun, over working my hands angry I mean..what's the need of traffic lite?? undecided

as I was coming back from the salon today, I saw a warden directing traffic, upon say traffic lite dey work shocked undecided

the electricity people too..choi, anytime I see them with that their okrika ladder, the next thing that comes out of my mouth z "these useless people don come cut person lite" angry

I'm done typing.
lolz..but u know without them, life will be unbearable
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by obi4eze(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
Is Head of Tertiary Institution a profession? Or is there something I'm not getting right?
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by kevinaduga(m): 1:27am On Nov 15, 2014
obi4eze:
Is Head of Tertiary Institution a profession? Or is there something I'm not getting right?
If it's not, then what is it?
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 15, 2014
I fear estate agents and tax collectors oo .... Very dubious folks !!
Re: 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria by Masta01(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
why hating on other people's life style :-D

(1) (Reply)

42nd ICAN-AAT Induction June 2015. / Recruiters And 2.2 / High Paying Internship Opportunities In Lagos For Engineering Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.