Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Recruiters And 2.2 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recruiters And 2.2 (2020 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Keeping Your Career On Track: 10 Things Recruiters And Employers Want To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recruiters And 2.2 by dearie(m): 9:15am On May 30, 2006
What is this thing with Recruiters and 2.2? I find this disregard for 2.2 graduates very unfair, does graduating with 2.2 denote unseriousness in a potential worker? or is it just to control crowd as many of them say in defence?

Lets share our reflections on it, where do u stand? do u think they are not good enough for those high-flying jobs? We've seen situations where smuggled 2.2 graduates performed better than their 2.1 and first class counterparts in high flying job tests.

They should also know that Nigerian Universities dont all have a unified GPA system, while some schools allocate a greater proportion of their GPA to final year results(Like UNIBEN), others have a proportionate allocation thru their duration in school(UNILAG).
What do u think?
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by Hotstepper(f): 3:37pm On May 30, 2006
Nigerians should know that anyone can get 1st class in any Nigerian institution without entering skool so they should stop diz 2.1 bullshit and wat u answered during da interview/test whicheva case it maybe, should be getting da test. even abraod where u have 2 work 4 it, GPA doesn't determine but da knowledge and wat u answered during da interview, I hope it changes in Nigeria
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by Genial(m): 6:31pm On May 30, 2006
Hotstepper:

Nigerians should know that anyone can get 1st class in any Nigerian institution without entering school so they should stop diz 2.1 bullshit and what u answered during da interview/test whicheva case it maybe, should be getting da test. even abraod where u have 2 work 4 it, GPA doesn't determine but da knowledge and what u answered during da interview, I hope it changes in Nigeria

Funny. Have you seen anyone that got a first class from a Nigerian Institution without 'entering' school? Or maybe you've just got a grouse against people that got a first?

A first class degree is a result of consistent performance at the highest level, likewise 2.1.

Why do you call it "bullshit"?
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by segedoo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2007
na wao!!
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by crito(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2007
ehen ehen,
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by canachy(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2007
1st class, 2.1, 2.2 and even 3rd class are not important when it comes to the labour force. You should all understand that what we practice in our Nigerian universities is "cram pass and forget" learning technique; so why the noise about GPA.

What I think should matter is that the prospective employee is a graduate, smart, productive and dynamic, PERIOD.

I also put it to you that 2.2 graduates are the best guys you can have in the labour force though this is subject to contension but I know what I am saying.
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by Ultrame(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2007
hi,
it's not just these recruiters that are discriminating against us. these Universities abroad are even worse.
i cant proceed with my Masters program because i had a 2.2 in school.
what must be done. it's not like I'm a dullard or something!
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by ufuoski(m): 1:53am On Apr 04, 2007
infact all of dem na de same thing.me wen get 2:1, I neva get work 2.
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 04, 2007
Ultrame:

hi,
it's not just these recruiters that are discriminating against us. these Universities abroad are even worse.
i can't proceed with my Masters program because i had a 2.2 in school.
what must be done. it's not like I'm a dullard or something!

grin grin grin grin what must be done about the universities abroad? grin grin grin grin

When you were in school did you not know you would like to proceed for a masters program abroad? Did you forget to read the REQUIREMENTS for advanced study?

What must be done? Of course sack the presidents of the universities abroad! grin grin grin
Re: Recruiters And 2.2 by nawao(m): 7:12pm On Apr 05, 2007
LETS FORGET ABOUT THIS GIST, ITS JUST A SOUR GRAPE APPROACH THING. WHEN YOU GUYS GOT ADMISSION INTO SCHOOL WAS YOUR TARGET A 2.2 OR A 3RD CLASS.PLS LETS LEAVE THIS GIST AND DISCUSS IMPORTANT ISSUES.AS FOR D GUY THAT SAID UNIBEN GPA IS CONCENTRATED IN FINAL YEAR ,YES IT TRUE BUT I BET YOU IF YOU, I MEAN YOU THAT MADE THAT POST GOES THROUGH UNIBEN YOU WILL STRUGGLE TO MAKE A 2.2,I SWEAR, U NO WETIN MAN EYE SEE FOR BEN
ANYWAY UNIBEN HAS TRAINED ME AND I AM REPRESENTING WELL WITH THE GRADE I GRADUATED WITH,INSHORT I AM EXPERIENCING PEACE WITH THE FASTED GROWING BANK IN NIGERIA.THEY JUST PAID US SALARY,GUY I DEY FLEX BADLY.ANYWAY I DID NOT GRADUATE WITH A 2.2 NOR A 3RD CLASS.CHEER UP.I DONT MEAN TO SPITE U BUT I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CAST UNDUE ASPERTION ON INSTITUTIONS AND FUNNY ENOUGH GREAT UNIBEN FOR THAT MATTER. GUUYY DDOO WEELL OOOOOOOOOO.

(1) (Reply)

IG Says Traffic Wardens Are Not Police Officers / 10 Most Hated Professions In Nigeria / A Place To Learn Coding On Weekends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.