Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... (4905 Views)

Basket Mouth And "Hot" Wife, Share Photos From Timeout In US / Fun Pictures Of Flavour N'abania, Uti Nwachukwu & Other Celebs At Charity Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by agamex04: 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
Etcetera in this new article explained how he lived in Kirikiri town with few celebrity friends with whom they all engaged in one 'crime' or the other.
Read His Article Below:

Sometime during the week, I paid a visit to Kirikiri Town after a very long time. I grew up there as a little boy and it was there I had the fondest memories of my life. As soon as I got into town, word went round and friends started calling to find out where I was. I hooked up with my childhood best friend, Patrick, and we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather by going for a walk through the town to recall some of our funniest memories from childhood.

The first thing we laughed about was how Bright Okpocha, the comedian known as Basketmouth, took us along to steal his father's fowl. We were four very close friends who practically did everything together. I lived in the prison barracks and I was always telling them mouth-watering stories of how those of us who lived there regularly made chicken pepper soup and plantain porridge with fowls in the barracks. I never knew Basketmouth was licking his lips to my stories all along until he called us one very beautiful morning to steal his father's fowl. We got to his family house the next morning and executed the fowl like trained assassins. Basketmouth and myself were assigned to cook the jollof rice while Patrick and Godwin (Basketmouth's immediate older brother) kept watch in case their mum got back from the market earlier than anticipated. After cooking, Basketmouth, thinking because he had the biggest eye balls among us demanded to be given the best part of the chicken.

We wasted no time in reminding him of his age compared with everyone else's. We ate everything and thought that we had rid the house of any evidence that could have incriminated us. We didn't realise that Basketmouth forgot to throw away the feathers of the fowl. Later in the day when we were gathered at another friend's place recounting our exploits for the day, Basketmouth's little brother walked up from nowhere and said their father was calling all of us. See gobe! We knew instantly that we had been caught and it was due to Basketmouth's negligence.

The first thing the old man said when he saw us was "O Bright, you have eaten my heart." We fought back laughter, fearing a double dose of whatever punishment we had coming. Oh! We teased Basketmouth and his brother Godwin with that line afterwards. We escaped without punishment. Thank God for his beautiful mum who pleaded on our behalf because she loved us all like her own.

Patrick and I strolled further down town to the secondary school we attended and had a good laugh imitating Daddy Showkey, who was our senior in school and was always walking around the school premises, wearing bathroom slippers. His uniform was never tucked in but he was always punishing us for 'flying' our uniforms. The junior students dreaded him like hell. We talked about how the late Evangelist Sunny Okosuns was said to have been a very playful boy in one of the public primary schools in the town. On our way to the prison yard, we passed by the house where Rev. Kris Okotie grew up.

We talked about life in the prison barracks and how being the son of the chief warder of the maximum security prison gave me the opportunity to meet very influential Nigerians in the prison yard. I remember my dad taking me to say hello to General Shehu Yar'Adua one evening after his lawn tennis game. I watched him play lawn tennis almost every evening in the yard in his impeccable white shorts and T-shirt. And there were always a handful of prisoners helping with the stray balls. I witnessed the General yell at an overzealous prisoner who dashed into the court unnecessarily to retrieve a loose ball.

I also told my friend how Major Al Mustapha jokingly asked me what crime I had committed to be in the yard. I quickly informed him that I was the son of the chief warder. Till date, Major Al Mustapha is regarded as the best thing to have happened to the inmates of Kirikiri Maximum Security Prison by the inmates. He uplifted the spirits of the inmates by sponsoring various activities in the prison yard. He sponsored the prison football team and helped so many of the inmates gain their freedom. I always saw him seated by the side of the field cheering the players. Sometimes in the company of General Bamaiyi and Colonel Gwadabe, who were also inmates at the time. Other high profile inmates in the yard at that time were Fred Ajudua and Ade Bendel. Ade Bendel also rocked the prison yard with his swag. While other inmates wore ordinary prison uniforms, his was made of jeans and a well tailored shirt to match. They loved him like crazy for his benevolence. He built a hall for the prisoners and invited Basketmouth to perform. Basketmouth was scared to go alone and he asked me to accompany him, which I did.

We talked about life outside the barracks when my dad retired. How Yakubu Aiyegbeni moved in with a friend living in my compound. We always 'yabbed' him as he walked about the compound with his big 'yansh.' Till date, we are still amazed how he played so brilliantly and effortlessly with such a body size. Sunday Oliseh was a member of our senior football team. Members of the junior team were made to pick balls while the senior team trained. Coach Fanny Amun came to town at different times to plead with the father of a member of our senior team to play for him. That happened after a game the senior team of the town played against the national under 17 team, coached by Fanny Amun. 

We also talked about how Victor Okechukwu Agali, who was known in Kirikiri Town and Satellite Town as "Okey Banana" made it from hawking bananas in the streets to playing football for Schalke 04 in Germany. And how happy we were collecting tips from Samson Siasia to watch over his car whenever he visited his brother who was doing time in prison. We talked about how we used to listen to team mates laugh about how they tortured Osaze Odemwingie while they played football at the Pepsi Academy. Back then, every player in our team had a crush on Ann Echiejine, the first goalie for the Falcons. She was a member of the town's female football team. She joined us in training regularly and she became better for it. It seemed training with the male team improved her skills tremendously. We were always very happy to have body contact with her on the pitch.

I got back home that night, played a compilation CDs of old Nigerian reggae music and slept with the thought of how Victor Essiet got married to the late Becky Umanah, a girl from Kirikiri Town and they both became The Mandators.

Wow! What a wonderful piece of literature…

Source: www.malabressgist.com

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by enoqueen: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
story that touches the heart.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by twaintoy(f): 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
He doesn't need all these undecided
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by LesbianBoy(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Story for the gods! The gods o!
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Lordabas: 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2014

The tales of a failed musician

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by dew1: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Nostalgia21(m): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
chei, k-town don produce oo
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2014
Couldn't read it cos it's too long, but whatever it is, leave basket mouth alone abeg
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by darne(m): 4:37am On Nov 16, 2014
Lol nice one
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by THEREALDAVIDO(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2014
Nice. It's always nocturnal remembering childhood memories.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by brainpower(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2014
Good story, he really had a wondeful childhood that's if the story is true. Especially meeting the generals and other political prisoners and the football stars. But I know some people will still see something wrong with his story. That shows how unhappy some people are with themselves. They always fail to see the fun in things
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by donmalcolm21(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Reminiscing on your childhood makes you feel younger a million times. A wonderful write up.
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by McGeorge1(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2014
Wow! All dos people u mentioned are all super stars now. #thinking of relocating to kirikiri prison soon

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by goldfish80(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Quite cool and inspirational stories all round. Had a good laugh when I read they called Victor Agali, "Okey banana" grin The same banana hawker later played for Schalke 04, forming a deadly strike partnership with Ebbie Sand. represented his country in the Olympics and nations cup. Talk about destiny.
So no be today dey begin yab Aiyegbeni bum bum grin grin grin grin
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by BALLERON(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Achievers and the connection to kirikiri, practical example to show that with hard work, focus and persistent  zeal , greatness can be achieved. Ironically, kirikiri also harbours the maximum prison in the land, therefore, you can move from kirikiri to greatness or from greatness to kirikiri and more sorrowful is moving from kirikiri home to kirikiri prison

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
His present must be really miserable and bland for him to cling so dearly to his childhood memories.
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by StrongPenis: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lordabas:

he didn't make much wave as a musician because most nigerians like you are too dull to appreciate the kinda song he sings. You guys would rather listen to songs like ''shoki'', ''Limpopo'' etc. Same thing happened to Styl-plus, Mode-nine Djinee, happened to Iyanya at first, and other great singers.

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by StrongPenis: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
Slonge2:
His present must be really miserable and bland for him to cling so dearly to his childhood memories.
well I understand you have bad memories of yourself as a kid you'd rather not dare think about but hey etcetera isn't responsible for your miserable childhood.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by kelechiMarie(f): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
kisskisskisskisskiss
kiss:-P:-Pkiss
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Dreyl(m): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
So touching..
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by repogirl(f): 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmmmm....booked for later! angry
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by undisputedk: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lordabas:

Hi sir, what is your definition of 'a failed musician'?
I want to know the yardstick for your assertion.
Thanks.
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by brixton: 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Deep write up. Thumbs up!
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by paramedic: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by 1miccza: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Such beautiful memories today those names are all big boys including etcetera it's so good to have such memories....
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Kunleskey(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmm..
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
StrongPenis:
well I understand you have bad memories of yourself as a kid you'd rather not dare think about but hey etcetera isn't responsible for your miserable childhood.
from your monica, it is evident that you're bereft of sufficient grey matter to be classified as a homosapien. Take your neanderthal self off ma porch, numbskull.
Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by StrongPenis: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Slonge2:
from your monica, it is evident that you're bereft of sufficient grey matter to be classified as a homosapien. Take your neanderthal self off ma porch, numbskull.
Monica ko Sharon ni...ode, Mumu cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Exposes Basket Mouth And Other Celebs... by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
StrongPenis:
Monica ko Sharon ni...ode, Mumu cheesy
whether na monica or moniker, it doesn't change the fact that u're a nitwit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hushpuppi FINALLY Reveals What He Does For A Living / #bbnaija: More Photos Of Tacha's Burnt Knuckles Shocks Viewers (photos) / Yvonne Nelson Proves She Is Not Missing Iyanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.