Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,533 members, 7,861,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:12 PM

Urgent Face Related Problem! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urgent Face Related Problem! (1622 Views)

Dr Kendra for all Children's Health- Related Problems / Youth Corper Donates Drugs to reduce worm-related Infections In Edo State / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Face Related Problem! by girlie556(f): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2006
I know there are topics on acne and acne scarring but I need some serious help and suggestions for my face. I used to have more than just mild acne and I still have acne but it's just not as bad because of this new skin treatment that I am using. But this new skin treatment system was also supposed to get rid of the acne scarring using hydroquinone cream (to bleach out the scars). But after using it for a little more than 2 months, I'm glad that my acne is going away, but I hate what it's doing to my skin and I want to stop it right now. The areas around my eyes and eyebrows are lighter than the rest of my face and it's embarrassing. Make-up may cover it up, but the whole reason I started it was so that I wouldn't feel embarrassed going out without make-up on. I just wanted to get rid of the acne scarring, and now, I have this.

So I've decided to stop using this skin care system but I want to know if anyone has any suggestions to help fix my skin. Luckily I haven't been using it THAT long so I don't think it's permenant, but is there anything I can do naturally to not only fix my skin tone but my acne as well.

I would greatly appreciate some advice, thanks.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by ToddTerry: 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2006
No, it is most likely permanent.  acne goes away in time but you bleached your skin.  you should look into getting the rest of your face bleached to eliminate the discoloration.  it costs about 140,000,000 naira i believe (based on CD$ rates), so not too bad.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by ZuluNation(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2006
Todd Terry:

No, it is most likely permanent. acne goes away in time but you bleached your skin. you should look into getting the rest of your face bleached to eliminate the discoloration. it costs about 140,000,000 naira i believe, so no too bad.

How would you know how much it cost if you in Vancover Canada and never been in Nigeria.See how you just busted yourself I'm pretty sure you've never even been out of Nigeria grin
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by lauryn(f): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2006
laugh my friggin lil behind off @ Zulu
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by ZuluNation(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2006
Na wa for this your friggin lil behind way you just the laugh off. my sister you don spoil oooo watin I go tell our mama
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by lauryn(f): 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2006
abeg, naw tell am o, biko. She still think say I be Mary, u wan giv my mama heart attack ni?, i go folo u fight o grin grin
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by dondele(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2006
where are u? if u are in US, u can try proactive. works for some might work for you.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by ZuluNation(m): 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2006
I know say you go spoil as soon as you leave our papa house watin we go tell village people abeg chinake
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by shawna(f): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2006
yeah u should prolly try proactive
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by lauryn(f): 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2006
lol grin grin grin, d village pipul trust naw, i don bribe all of them with kulikuli and kolanut, fear no let dem tell ma mama grin grin
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by ZuluNation(m): 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2006
Just be careful my sis you know how village people the talk
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by lauryn(f): 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2006
I trust grin. U don finish work?
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by ZuluNation(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2006
My dear i still dey for work ooo, I don't get off till midnight. cry cry where you dey sef my sister ?
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by lauryn(f): 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2006
na Federal Democratic Republic of Toronto, i dey grin
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by girlie556(f): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2006
Proactive was one of the first acne things I tried after Oxy, but that really didn't work for me at all. I thought it would work for me after seeing informercials on t.v. and gotten stuff in the mail, but after trying it, it turned out to be a really big waste of money. And I am in the US btw.

And that skin treatment was given to me by this lady that treats acne. She does like these facial peels, and I saw it in her office and inquired about it (Obagi if anyone wants to know). I'm going to see her tomorrow and tell her that I plan to stop it, unless she has a darn good reason for me to continue.

I one had a prescription for tetracyclin and Retin A Micro and that worked well and I had absolutely no acne, but my mom is paranoid about things causing cancer so she made me stop. But now, I just want something that has nothing to do with internal medication that could help. And proactive is already out unfortunately.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by shawna(f): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2006
then maybe u should go see a dermatologist
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by lauryn(f): 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
They dont really help. Just stay away from Oil for a while, and see the difference
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by shawna(f): 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2006
and dont pick ur Zits!
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by dondele(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2006
why?
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by shawna(f): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2006
cause u'll have scars and touching ur Zits would cause more Zits on the face thats why
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by girlie556(f): 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2006
And my mom always says to squeeze the zits anyways. Well I know it's okay to pop the ones that have pus in them, but you have to use a warm wash cloth first and then use rubbing alcohol on it afterwards.

But I have been thinking about going back to my dermatologist because he's the one that got my face clear. undecided And maybe I'll see him about the scars too,
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by dondele(m): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2006
@shawna
ok.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by dondele(m): 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2006
the first flood was water, the second one was fire.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by onyiio(f): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2006
as par say u no dey naija, i guess my suggstn may not work. to get ur original colour back, i would have asked u to stop the medication, and start using DUDU OSU Soap for bath and apply it on your face after bath. its a natural soap, and its good in rebuilding complexion. Buy original from a quality pharmacy soap, its works for my sis.

good luck.
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by Oracle(m): 1:48am On Aug 23, 2006
I would advice you to leave things the way they are, coz if you apply any other thing it may be worse
Re: Urgent Face Related Problem! by girlie556(f): 3:31am On Dec 28, 2006
Thanks for everyones concern, my skin's back to normal. My acne scars are just less visible, and to think all the worry for no reason :-) wink

(1) (Reply)

Can Mosquito Bite Give You Hiv / ... / Am I HIV POSITIVE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.