Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Oil In My Radiator - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil In My Radiator (881 Views)

Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday / Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil In My Radiator by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 16, 2014
Auto experts in the house, recently I starts seeing oil segments in my car radiator, whenever I want ro check my water level.
What could be the remote cause of this, or actually the problem.
Re: Oil In My Radiator by morenath(m): 7:56am On Nov 16, 2014
Engine about to knock.....its a sign of burnt gasket.....

4 Likes

Re: Oil In My Radiator by AutosBay(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
There could be a number of problems as to why there is oil in your radiator and it is important to be aware that your engine will have a serious problem if this happens. Arguably the most common cause is a blown head gasket which runs through the upper and lower sections of the engine.
Re: Oil In My Radiator by chillex8(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2014
And what happened to the car b4 now
Re: Oil In My Radiator by mayor2013: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2014
I don't know what you have your temperature guage for? Or is it for beautification? You better stop driving that car and do the needful
Re: Oil In My Radiator by chukel(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2014
Which car is in question here. The cause may be different depending on the vehicle. If it is 05 and above pathy, the transmission may be on its way out. State the car pls.
Re: Oil In My Radiator by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 16, 2014
chukel:
Which car is in question here. The cause may be different depending on the vehicle. If it is 05 and above pathy, the transmission may be on its way out. State the car pls.
Kind of old banger Toyota Corrolla, popularly known as cricket
Re: Oil In My Radiator by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=AutosBay post=28057636]There could be a number of problems as to why there is oil in your radiator and it is important to be aware that your engine will have a serious problem if this happens. Arguably the most common cause is a blown head gasket which runs through the upper and lower sections of the engine.
[/quote
Wouldn't blown out head gasket result to excessive smoke? Which dosen't so in my case
Re: Oil In My Radiator by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=indigene post=28070486][/quote]
your headgasket is gone.Stop driving teh car and have the top head removed to replace the gasket, its no big deal but it would if you dont replace the seal.The reason you got Oil mixing with water is cos there is a leak within the top and the lower part of your engine hence water is sipping into oily components

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2003 Honda Accord (end Of Discussion) Car Snatched / Honda Expert Pls Help / Win! Win!! Tyre Pump & Airtime Giveaway On Autojosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.