Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday (2566 Views)

Top Signs Of Radiator Failure / When Is The Right Time To Wash Your Radiator? / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by ogedengbedamilare: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
pls help, my radiator uses water almost everyday, cause I put water every 2days of driving, and the funy thing is that it doesnt consume water wenever I travel with it, what could be wrong?
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by demmy0325(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
ogedengbedamilare:
pls help, my radiator uses water almost everyday, cause I put water every 2days of driving, and the funy thing is that it doesnt consume water wenever I travel with it, what could be wrong?
i don't think its an issue like that cos my bmw does same
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by colossus2: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
Check if it's leaking
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
adeekiti:
i don't think its an issue like that cos my bmw does same

It IS an issue. If someone complained their conrod or big-end bearings were knocking, just because yours does the same doesn't make it right.

Sounds like your engine uses more coolant than fuel.

Fix the problem, before it gets worse.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by Denn(m): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
There is a leak.

Vapour or fluid escapes.

Possible points are worn radiator caps, hoses, joints, radiator fins and gaskets.

The whole system must be sealed and leak proof

1 Like

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
It's either leaking or the engine is burning it.
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by honmusa(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
perform a cooling system test to assertain the source of the leak wether internal or external leak.
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by jboixxx: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
It's either leaking or the engine is burning it.
What could cause the burning of water by the engine to that extent?
Good work ye been doing here + my other bosses. Will, by His grace holla at you when in Lasgidi.
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by makavele: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
jboixxx:

What could cause the burning of water by the engine to that extent?
Good work ye been doing here + my other bosses. Will, by His grace holla at you when in Lasgidi.

a failed head gasket

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by jboixxx: 4:10am On Jul 02, 2015
makavele:

a failed head gasket
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by ogedengbedamilare: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2015
I fixed my leaking Silencer and I noticed the water consumption has reduced, so im guessing it myt be the leaking exhaust that has been consuming my fuel and water
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2015
ogedengbedamilare:
I fixed my leaking Silencer and I noticed the water consumption has reduced, so im guessing it myt be the leaking exhaust that has been consuming my fuel and water

NEHI!!!

Problem is still there.
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by Denn(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
ogedengbedamilare:

How will exhaust consume radiator coolant? Bluetooth or WiFi?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by colossus2: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2015
Denn:

Infrared grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by idu1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
Denn:

grin
Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Denn:

I'm only just seeing this.

A lecture is required.

That is a typical 4cylinder engine block

Pic of head gasket on engine block

If you look closely at the first pic you will notice tiny passages (small holes) there are 2 oil passages (or more) and the rest are coolant passages, designed to keep the engine running cool.

Next pic, cylinder head

Notice the head and the block are separated by a thin gasket, now when you have a blown gasket there's a strong possibility of the following.

1. Loss in pressure

2. Oil mixing in coolant

3. Coolant mixing in oil

4. Oil burning resulting in white smoke

5. Coolant shortage (coolant being burnt in combustion chamber)

The only thing separating, oil, coolant and a mixture of compressed air/petrol is a thin gasket once it's bad, any of the 5 things could happen, including a hydrolock.

Hope every thing is clear now denn?

Last pic a blown head gasket

1 Like

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by Denn(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I'm only just seeing this.

A lecture is required.

That is a typical 4cylinder engine block

Pic of head gasket on engine block

If you look closely at the first pic you will notice tiny passages (small holes) there are 2 oil passages (or more) and the rest are coolant passages, designed to keep the engine running cool.

Next pic, cylinder head

Notice the head and the block are separated by a thin gasket, now when you have a blown gasket there's a strong possibility of the following.

1. Loss in pressure

2. Oil mixing in coolant

3. Coolant mixing in oil

4. Oil burning resulting in white smoke

5. Coolant shortage (coolant being burnt in combustion chamber)

The only thing separating, oil, coolant and a mixture of compressed air/petrol is a thin gasket once it's bad, any of the 5 things could happen, including a hydrolock.

Hope every thing is clear now denn?

Last pic a blown head gasket

Read the post well....

He said he fixed a silencer leak....not a blown head gasket.

Kindly explain more on how a leaking exhaust pipe can cause a radiator leak.

Since we are speaking in pictures, this is a 'silencer'

Re: Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03am On Jul 07, 2015
Denn:

ogedengbedamilare:

Now I see, my bad.

OP see what you have caused. Oya explain, bluetooth or wifi? grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Price For Brain Box For Honda Baby Boy V6 / See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise / Website To Check Vehicle Owner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.