Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? (46713 Views)

Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 10:17am On Dec 07, 2009
I would suggest everybody takes Mike Murdoch's advice, from his book 'The Law of Recognition'.
Don't stay where you are tolerated. Go where you are celebrated.

Because of our many problems, most Nigerians are less than tolerated in Nigeria.
I can't actually state outright that anybody should not go illegal, given the problems that a great many face in Nigeria. But weigh it well. It may result in a loss of life at worst, or a waste of time and money at best. Rather than risking your life trying to get to somewhere, start from where you are first, and see what you can do for yourself. When you are in a better position, then you can pursue legal immigration to any country of your choice. That I think is the best option.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by cadewale: 6:57am On May 18, 2010
work hard and honest
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by bigben3: 8:13am On May 18, 2010
every place has its challenge,hence look well and do enough research before you dump the chance you currently have.a word is enough for the wise!
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by basking4me: 1:48pm On May 18, 2010
It is very difficult to see any young Nigerian who would be interested in staying back in Nigeria. There is hardly anything the person abroad can say to dissuade him.

Reason: The future looks bleak for him. He's still at the university and his elder brothers who have graduated over 5yrs are still roaming the streets for good jobs, so whats the assurance he himself will get a job on graduation. I have seen people abandon school in their 400level at the university.

I have seen Nigerian graduates, apply for student visa for undergraduate courses abroad to prolong their stay there instead of the normal 2yrs multiple for a masters programme.

If the whole world is a danger Zone, then Nigeria is the mother of all Danger zones. If you dont have money, you're likely to die of Hunger and if you have money, you're also likely to die of a Heart attack from an unfriendly environment.

There is just almost nothing you can tell a youth to deter him from seeking the golden fleece. Imagine hiding yourself inside an Airplane Tyre just to be able to leave this country.

A youth did it and died. It wont stop other from trying it another time.

Our entire country system and value need a turnaround now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by cadewale: 5:55pm On May 18, 2010
what can of business can i do Nigeria with 100,000 dollars
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Meddler(f): 11:16pm On May 19, 2010
felifeli
It is interesting to see that one word which keeps coming up in many of the posts is "focus" . Apparently most Nigerians who had no focus at home and were drifting from one disappointment to another eventually escape abroad (wherever) and suddenly find focus and things begin to be better for them. The reason is not difficult to see. the system abroad forces you to find focus. In fact if you don't get focus quickly YOU WILL PERISH.

The same Nigerians back at home require everything to be done for them by government - education, food , job, marriage, intimacy , etc;  and even if they get headache OBJ, Yaradua and all the politicians stealing all the money are to blame. My driver refuses to pay tax because "they will steal the money" , yet complains about the bad roads. In fact many "Christians" will joyfully pay their tithe but will not pay their tax. Go and pay your tax first or you are as much a  thief as the others , and then you can be justified and be able to complain that your tax has been stolen.

Interestingly we see that when Nigerians who have gone abroad to find focus return home , their attitude to life and work is extremely different and they tend to see opportunities where others around them see failure . Sense has been knocked into them abroad and they have come to the realisation that life owes you NOTHING and whatever you will achieve it must be by having FOCUS. Now you can stop wondering why most progressive Nigerian companies prefer to employ employees who trained abroad. it is not about the education, it is about the killer instinct that they have acquired through getting FOCUS.
I recommend that government should compulsorily send every Nigerian abroad to find FOCUS , so that they can come back home and be useful to the country instead of complaining everyday about how the country is not as good as Yankee and Jand or even common Ghana mehn (emphasis not mine).

I couldn't have said it better myself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2010
The thinking of most folks back home with regards life overseas is very myopic.  I mean the idea of Nigerian graduates going overseas to wash plates and clean toilets is just absurd and irritating.

If you do not have a job waiting for you or if are not going to school then I really don't see the need for borrowing money and travelling overseas only to become a pest to the society.

Just my thoughts, you may like it or you may not. I have seen classmates of mine (we schooled together in Nigerian universities) doing shitty and dehumanizing jobs in London. Nigeria is not that bad that we have to travel out and take demeaning jobs that we can never do back home. cry
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2010
wumiabo:

Am starting this because i think everyone should be informed. Information is really key and makes the difference. I have been outside the country for sometime and now wonder if i am better off in london than Nigeria. This is serious because most people don't want to tell the truth about the situation espcially in the UK. I keep asking myself if it is worth it and need other peoples honest opinion.

I had a good job in Nigeria and i got a good job here too. I never did any odd job and i work as a professional. The money i earn is times five of what i earn Nigeria. But at the end of the day after paying for accomodation and tax, am probably left with the same thing. I hold my personality and self in high regard, i don't want to loose that. But here, no matter what you are a second class citizen.

Bothering on what i see around. A lot of people have lost their destiny, live goals and personality just because they want to relocate abroad. They come to the UK and clean roads and train stations. People do odd jobs that will definitely degrade one. You see graduates come here and do carpentry jobs, bricklaying. Is it really worth it. can't they go back to Nigeria and achieve what God sent them to the world to achieve. Most people are in the Uk just because they want people back home to think they are in the UK. they are suffering and smiling, living from hand to mouth and no savings worth soever.

We have to come to a point that we will tell ourselves the truth. If living abroad will not favour you and you know you had a good job at home or potential of then don't waste your life because of what people will say. UK or US is not heaven. i repeat most people lost their destiny my moving abroad and they probably need to retrace their steps. i have seen so many examples of that here. In the Uk, nobody smiles unlike Nigeria. What is the meaning of life without smiles and happiness.

God bless you. I could not have said it better wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2010
@nskagent0

Keep wasting ur time here, no victim.
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 8:52am On May 22, 2012
wumiabo: Am starting this because i think everyone should be informed. Information is really key and makes the difference. I have been outside the country for sometime and now wonder if i am better off in london than Nigeria. This is serious because most people don't want to tell the truth about the situation espcially in the UK. I keep asking myself if it is worth it and need other peoples honest opinion.

I had a good job in Nigeria and i got a good job here too. I never did any odd job and i work as a professional. The money i earn is times five of what i earn Nigeria. But at the end of the day after paying for accomodation and tax, am probably left with the same thing. I hold my personality and self in high regard, i don't want to loose that. But here, no matter what you are a second class citizen.

Bothering on what i see around. A lot of people have lost their destiny, live goals and personality just because they want to relocate abroad. They come to the UK and clean roads and train stations. People do odd jobs that will definitely degrade one. You see graduates come here and do carpentry jobs, bricklaying. Is it really worth it. can't they go back to Nigeria and achieve what God sent them to the world to achieve.1 Most people are in the Uk just because they want people back home to think they are in the UK. they are suffering and smiling, living from hand to mouth and no savings worth soever.

We have to come to a point that we will tell ourselves the truth. If living abroad will not favour you and you know you had a good job at home or potential of then don't waste your life because of what people will say. UK or US is not heaven. i repeat most people lost their destiny my moving abroad and they probably need to retrace their steps. i have seen so many examples of that here. In the Uk, nobody smiles unlike Nigeria.2 What is the meaning of life without smiles and happiness.
_
1 is the reason why so many people, at the end of the day, suicidal and homicidal and whatever-idal. When you set out (esp. to a foreign country) with the mindset that God has destined you to be chief of this and lord of that and boss of this-that, any other job will seen demeaning and insulting to you.

2. Yes, they don't smile at much, but when they do, they mean it. Unlike Nigerians that, as Fela so eloquently put it, suffer and smile. Putting on a false face. "Fronting".
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by btasha: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm currently in my final year of university, studying Accounting and finance. I have about four months left to finish my degree. My original plan was that when I finish my degrees I'd relocate to Nigeria, but after much research I'm thinking about doing my Masters in a Russell Group university then NYSC. oh btw I'm based in the uk, I'll like to get a very good job in Nigeria but I just don't know how to go about it, yes I have connections but I do not want to rely on ANYONE. Pls give me your advise. And I can't decide on where to do my nysc either Lagos or Abuja bare in mind I'd like to do my nysc where I can get a good job. Ohh also does anymore know about this careers in Africa.?
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by oluwashegunfunm(m): 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
btasha:
I'm currently in my final year of university, studying Accounting and finance. I have about four months left to finish my degree. My original plan was that when I finish my degrees I'd relocate to Nigeria, but after much research I'm thinking about doing my Masters in a Russell Group university then NYSC. oh btw I'm based in the uk, I'll like to get a very good job in Nigeria but I just don't know how to go about it, yes I have connections but I do not want to rely on ANYONE. Pls give me your advise. And I can't decide on where to do my nysc either Lagos or Abuja bare in mind I'd like to do my nysc where I can get a good job. Ohh also does anymore know about this careers in Africa.?
Brother, most jobs in nigeria are not always announced, and if it announced you have a 20 percent chance to get the job without a God father.
I will advise you use that CONNECTIONS of yours, the nigerian economy is rapidly getting worse.
With your discipline you are most likely to end up in one the top banks or insurance companies in naija..
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by btasha: 1:24am On Jan 08, 2015
oluwashegunfunm:

Brother, most jobs in nigeria are not always announced, and if it announced you have a 20 percent chance to get the job without a God father.
I will advise you use that CONNECTIONS of yours, the nigerian economy is rapidly getting worse.
With your discipline you are most likely to end up in one the top banks or insurance companies in naija..

How are the insurance companies in nigeria.? My Aunty is a close friend with the deputy governor of cbn, and he said I can serve with them. But I also heard they don't retain corpers. Apart from CBN and all these oil and gas companies, what other industry pay well and provides career progression and job security.?
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by rien05(f): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Have you ever wanted to send something through your friend coming into Nigeria but got stuck or worried on the thought of who will collect the package and deliver to where you want it? No need for worries.
Naija Errand Queen is here to do all that. Pls call +2348097694846
www.facebook.com/naijaerrandqueen

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2015
jacobs123:
This is a very interesting thread and I couldn't resist the urge to make a few comments even at the risk of repeating others.
People relocate for different reasons so a general advice will suffice.
Make sure you understand why you are relocating and your destination can offer some help in that area.
Be ready to work really hard as there are no pounds on UK streets or money on the streets of these other countries, it helps if you have good education.
Ensure that you are a legitimate immigrant and keep your legitimate status always as immigration laws change everytime.
Do not burn your bridges before you leave and maintain contact with Nigeria. I know of someone who because he won a green card did a fraud in his bank and ran away.
Be aware of your environment and try to acculturate in your new environment rather than just sticking with Naija friends and also get reliable information from friends/families on situation back home. You and only you should make the decision to go back if you are already outside, their info may/may not help.
Make sure you have enough money to settle down properly as people can be harsh outside the country.
Most Nigerians are economic migrants (even students) so if you fall into this category, do not be ashamed to take up odd jobs for extra cash especially if you have a lot of idle time.
Prepare for surprises and most of all be ready for discrimination (subtle or clear). Abroad is not Naija where foreigners are worshipped, you just moved from Second class citizen (if you are like most of us in Naija) to second class Non-Citizen/Citizen but there is hope!!!

I was in the UK a couple of years back and I hope I won't bore you with my experience and that of friends.
I came in for M.Sc and finished the M.Sc without a job in sight so had to do odd jobs in ASDA etc, eventually got a job here and work permit was arranged but also got an offer in Naija. The UK offer was in one of the BIG FOUR Audit firms but the offer at home (Oil coy) was too good so I left before work permit was stamped on my passport. I didn't want a situation where they'ld think I'm just after their permit especially as I was the only black person that was recruited. I defererred the offer in UK and went back home and eventually liked it and called off the UK offer. Personally, I wasn't ready to go home and search for jobs because I know how those proud recruiters will look at you wondering why you came back.
I compare my life now and my life as a poor student in the UK and I will tell you that in terms of quality of life especially as someone not given to frippery, I'm not much better. Yes I have a car, generator, inverter, gateman etc. Many of the things we show off in Naija are not just needed. In UK, I could go for mid-week fellowship, how easy is that in Naija for those of us who close early not to talk of the bankers slaving away from 5am - 9pm for the Jim Ovias. A friend's wife was asked by her boss (A married woman) in a bank why she can't sleep with a man to meet her target.
Now life can be tough outside but it's tougher in Nigeria.
people have talked about the dignity of labour and that is so lacking in Nigeria, the God we worship is MONEY even if it's dripping with blood. So many Nigerians are better off outside even as cleaners at least they won't ask their parents for money (let the old people enjoy their pension!!!). I don't understand the talk about being first class citizen. I certainly don't see myself as one yet as i have to leave the roads everytime I hear a siren and the lebanese is prefered to me in my own country. An expat in my workplace recently boasted to a colleague that he will pay a policeman to beat him up and it sure can happen. A police officer jumps down from a moving car to open the car door for our MD, is he a first class citizen. And what about those drivers, house maids, cooks etc who are living the dreams of people like Babajide Salu (no offense as he's helping them out) instead of their own dreams (when will they feel that slavery has been abolished) and to the person that says he can't wash plate for a whiteman, I say lucky you because right inside their fatherland many people are doing worse things and not just those drivers, some of our "Big Men" are doing the equivalent of washing white man's plate right inside Nigeria.

Just to butress my point about people traveling for different reasons, a couple left Naija as pressure was on wifey to give birth after years of marriage. They ran way from the families and God answered them so different strokes for different folks.
To those who want to relocate to Naija because people are becoming well off in Naija, things are not always what they seem. Naija has so much dirty money and you may just find out that you cannot do what they do. Business environment is tough also as you have to bribe everytime and if you will be a salary earner, I'd tell you to get a good offer and secure job and it becomes easy if you are like me and can adapt quickly especially if you grew up here.

This post is the best post ever!!!!!!
I agree with everything you said here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by itstpia8: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
wumiabo:
Am starting this because i think everyone should be informed. Information is really key and makes the difference. I have been outside the country for sometime and now wonder if i am better off in london than Nigeria. This is serious because most people don't want to tell the truth about the situation espcially in the UK. I keep asking myself if it is worth it and need other peoples honest opinion.

Bothering on what i see around. A lot of people have lost their destiny, live goals and personality just because they want to relocate abroad. They come to the UK and clean roads and train stations. People do odd jobs that will definitely degrade one. You see graduates come here and do carpentry jobs, bricklaying. Is it really worth it. can't they go back to Nigeria and achieve what God sent them to the world to achieve. Most people are in the Uk just because they want people back home to think they are in the UK. they are suffering and smiling, living from hand to mouth and no savings worth soever.

We have to come to a point that we will tell ourselves the truth. If living abroad will not favour you and you know you had a good job at home or potential of then don't waste your life because of what people will say. UK or US is not heaven. i repeat most people lost their destiny my moving abroad and they probably need to retrace their steps. i have seen so many examples of that here. In the Uk, nobody smiles unlike Nigeria. What is the meaning of life without smiles and happiness.

Sometimes choices are not that easy.
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
MT:
@wumiabo,

You have started what I regard as my "BEST THREAD" ever on Nairaland. I totally agree with everything you raised in your thread. Let me make refernce to some specific statement :

A lot of people have told me here in the UK that the main reason why they do not want to go back home is what people will say when they get back home. Even, some people say they can't stay more than a month in Nigeria because they do not want people to have the notion that they are deported. I consider this ridiculous. It's meant to be my life and not another person. I could remember being in Nigeria one time, and I spent about 3 months, a lot of the people around me were gossiping about me that I had been deported, but who cares?. Until we are able to stand for what we believe in, i don't see any progress in sight

This is really the truth!. A loT of people drops out from Uni or Poly because they want to come abroad, with the believe that when they get there, they will come and "hustle" and use the proceed to fund their school. When they eventually get here, reality dawn on them. They can't move forward, and they wont want to go back to Nigeria, knowing fully well that they will have to start their Uni from the scratch , and moreso, it will amount to a huge shame among their friends. So many brilliant chaps are really wasting away due to this fact. Besides, some people are very comfortable back home, they relocate here only to see that all the hype about abroad IS a mirage. I think we must all learn that sometimes our decisions could be wrong, but we MUST not find it too hard to RETRACE our steps no matter how painful it could be.

A trained lawyer in Naija doing care work abroad, to me is a degradation. Argue it from today till tommorrow, I wont shift my stance on this. There's a difference between a professional and layman. Imagine Gordon brown's Children , or Tony Blair's or even Obama's doing all these "odd" jobs. You wont find any of the elite children there. Call it "Nigeria" mentality, i dont care. What is the essence of a job that you are doing that negates all the values in you. Something that wont bring fulfilment but rather allow you to live from hands to mouth. Something you cant tell pple in Naija that this is what you are doing. or who prays to spend fortune on his child's education that at the end of the day , he will use such certificate to be a rubbish collector ??

Lastly, any one is free to choose his/her own destiny but I feel we must choose rather wisely. I will rather prefer to be a fulfilled professional in Nigeria than being a dish-washer, dog-walker, train-cleaner and any other menial jobs you could think of abroad. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!

You have a professional job in Nigeria, like being a lawyer and you are owed three months salary. An opportunity arises for you to move abroad, will you decline it?
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2016
Ndipe:

You have a professional job in Nigeria, like being a lawyer and you are owed three months salary. An opportunity arises for you to move abroad, will you decline it?

I wonder o

The way things are going here in Nigeria, it is just pathetic.
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by OpeLovely(f): 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2016
A whole graduate with Masters degree sef dey do salesperson job or is being paid 30/40k every month and is sometimes being owed salaries. I prefer relocating abroad because the government cares about its populace. You get benefits especially when you are a permanent resident or a citizen, access to free health care, uninterrupted power supply, etc etc etc. You live a well structured life and when you convert your earnings to the current exchange rate, then you can still thank God! Ordinary mechanic or bus driver in Canada for instance earn averagely 70,000 dollars per annum not to talk of a graduate with work experience!!!!
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by nicerichard05: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
OpeLovely:
A whole graduate with Masters degree sef dey do salesperson job or is being paid 30/40k every month and is sometimes being owed salaries. I prefer relocating abroad because the government cares about its populace. You get benefits especially when you are a permanent resident or a citizen, access to free health care, uninterrupted power supply, etc etc etc. You live a well structured life and when you convert your earnings to the current exchange rate, then you can still thank God! Ordinary mechanic or bus driver in Canada for instance earn averagely 70,000 dollars per annum not to talk of a graduate with work experience!!!!

My sis abeg leave all dose plenty mumu above me jor, cos thier father stole to make dem comfortable abroad so dey tink life is cheap. A bartender in canada is better dan a level 15 officer in osun state civil service commission.

The fact is that I you dnt hav any hope here in naija, der must be a way out abroad, cos ur worse situation der will be ur best over here, even if na plate u dey wash, u can take good care of urelf, nor be by force to comeback naija, If na only feedn moni u dey get, it's better dan begging frnds nd relatives here in naija.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by todayo(m): 6:21am On Apr 13, 2016
My dear I concur wit u. A graduate being paid 15k as a teacher, civil servant earning 30-60k (they are owed 3-6mnths). Moreover they are talkin abt Naija cleaning roads there, are they nt doin same here wit 7000 salary? Though thngs cheap here Bt dey AR fake. We AR living a fake life here (despite all dis suffering, only God knws hw heaven go b for some naijas). In Naija u cant spend ur salary alone wen ur entire family knws ure workin and dey are nt (though no job Ni ooo), there abroad ure safe frm this kinda thrash, only if u knw wat ure there for. Its so sad everyone is running away bt dey Av too. Imagine income fr family of 6 is 70k monthly, wy wont there be corruption?
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by maternal: 6:34am On Apr 13, 2016
OpeLovely:

Wrong. With overtime, working on holidays, an ordinary bus driver can make well over 100k Canadian dollars per year. Mind you, this jobs includes benefits and a government pension plan. Lastly, a job like a bus driver only requires a secondary school education. You can buy/build a house back home, and you get to live in a 1st world country with clean roads, healthcare, running water, etc. I also work in the oil-fields in Canada and I know people with a secondary school education making anywhere from 100-300k canadian dollars per year. For doing something as simple as a heavy equipment operator or "laborer" (they do nothing). This is not even a debate. Even with a good job, ones quality of life is still crap in naija.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2013/04/02/hard-work-no-breaks-pushes-oc-transpo-drivers-pay-past-100k-says-union-boss.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by OpeLovely(f): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
maternal:

Wrong. With overtime, working on holidays, an ordinary bus driver can make well over 100k Canadian dollars per year. Mind you, this jobs includes benefits and a government pension plan. Lastly, a job like a bus driver only requires a secondary school education. You can buy/build a house back home, and you get to live in a 1st world country with clean roads, healthcare, running water, etc. I also work in the oil-fields in Canada and I know people with a secondary school education making anywhere from 100-300k canadian dollars per year. For doing something as simple as a heavy equipment operator or "laborer" (they do nothing). This is not even a debate. Even with a good job, ones quality of life is still crap in naija.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2013/04/02/hard-work-no-breaks-pushes-oc-transpo-drivers-pay-past-100k-says-union-boss.html

Oh so you know its 100k per year...Looool. I only used 70,000 just so that people won't say, "Ah-ahn, ur exaggerating!". Toh!!!! I saw it and wanted to faint. Chineke!!! Bus driver! My dear, i don't know if things are not progressing in this country because of "African deities and oracles and all the juju"!

My dear, even a nanny is financially made. We carry too much certificates on our head and earn peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by todayo(m): 6:16am On May 06, 2016
U guys are wonderful, am tired of Naija sef, am a banker, married wit a kid, intending to migrate to canada thru wrk and study (PGD)). Need anyone dat is trustworthy to assist on wat and wat to do in achieving this.
My intent mainly is for ma family to stay wit me, especially my wife to be working while am schoolin to able to pay bills. Dunno if its possible like dat and likely cost implication for all this arrangement. Pls assist ur bro. OneLuv
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by mevisbleek: 12:30am On May 07, 2016

We have to come to a point that we will tell ourselves the truth. If living abroad will not favour you and you know you had a good job at home or potential of then don't waste your life because of what people will say. UK or US is not heaven. i repeat most people lost their destiny my moving abroad and they probably need to retrace their steps. i have seen so many examples of that here. In the Uk, nobody smiles unlike Nigeria. What is the meaning of life without smiles and happiness.[/quote]

[b

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
If this was the mood then.. it is not the mood now.. face which ever country allows you to be your best and live longer while remaining financially stable (happy).. Leave Naija at the 1st good opportunity
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2017
in 2017, many Nigerians are even more keen on running out.
Job losses everywhere
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2017
OpeLovely:

Abi na
Re: Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? by tehinse1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerian immigration keeps saying.....dey are running out of international passport every week..... Why? because Nigeria as turned to zoo. Better truth who ever believe this country is still going to be great must either be one of the elite class or politicians .Na to run make sense pass ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Vehicle Offence In UK And Nigeria, LASTMA Example (pics) / Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. / A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.