Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] (3069 Views)

Girl With No Legs Makes $1000 Per Day As A Lingerie Model (photos) / Top 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Born With Silver Spoons / Amazing Girl. A Real Life Barbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by sugarboii(m): 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
Despite all difficulties a girl who was born without legs, Jen Bricker, has become a champion gymnast.

The unbelievable story of Jen Bricker began 27 years ago when, after being born with a genetic defect, she was adopted into the Bricker family.
Brought up in the small Illinois town of Oblong, Jennifer Bricker excelled as a youngster at volleyball, basketball, gymnastics and softball, despite not having legs.

The family had only one rule – never use the word ‘can’t’.
This positive outlook allowed Jen to take up a hobby that many others in her position would have thought impossible.
Starting off by practising on a trampoline, by the time she was a teenager Jen was the tumbling champion in her home state of Illinois.

Like many young gymnasts her age, she was always enthralled by the US gymnast Dominique Moceanu, who won a gold medal in the 1996 Olympics.
When, at the age of 16, she asked her adoptive parents about her background, found out that her actual last name was the same as the gymnast she had looked up to for several years.

She said: ‘[My mother] handed a document and said, “You’re never going to believe this, but your biological last name is Moceanu.
As soon as the words left her lips, I knew what it meant my childhood idol was my sister.
Since then we’ve become close and I feel like a piece of the jigsaw of my life has fallen into place"

A few years later, and after writing several letters to her biological sister, Jen finally met Dominique.
Now Jen is a professional aerial gymnast who has enjoying a close relationship with her sister.
Source: http://loadedkit.com/2014/11/amazing-girl-born-with-no-legs-become-gymnastics-champion-see-photo/

1 Like

Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
aww smiley may God continue helping her. she has talent
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by pretydiva(f): 6:14am On Nov 17, 2014
Dis is wonderful

1 Like

Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by Profcamsey(m): 9:06am On Nov 17, 2014
Booking space is my job. PM me for business
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by adanduka: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2014
Wow. It runs in the family.
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by buccal(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2014
People with their legs hav bin trying 2 be a champion in gymnatics for years. And sum1 witout legs is winning medals. U can't jst fathom some things.

1 Like

Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by 100Cents: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2014
Everything is POSSIBLE if you BELIEVE.
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by qadeerkug(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2014
pretydiva:
Dis is wonderful
ewwww see terrible statement sad
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by echobee(f): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2014
100Cents:
Everything is POSSIBLE if you BELIEVE.
yes,true talk cheesy
But wait oooooo,first time u talk better word tongue
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2014
Choi. Just thinking of this my Legs o.
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by Janeify(f): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
What will be,will be
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by TrishaP(f): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Na wa, God is really wonderful.
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by REMMEI(m): 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
In the disabled category...

Still cutting cap for her..besides she is beautiful.
Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by Texykool: 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
See a disabled girl making a name for herself

While some stewpeed NLers were busy abusing a musician for giving an able-bodied beggar #100 on another thread

1 Like

Re: AMAZING!! Girl Born With No Legs Become Gymnastics Champion [see Photo] by kelechiMarie(f): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Texykool:
See a disabled girl making a name for herself

While some stewpeed NLers were busy abusing a musician for giving an able-bodied beggar #100 on another thread
on point

(1) (Reply)

What Yung6ix Said About Jim Iyk (screen Shots) / Justine Bieber & Sahara Khan Strips Naked - Verge24.com / BOMBSHELL! Part 3 Of Miss Anambara Video Is 1 Hour Long!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.