Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,357 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers (746 Views)

Facebook Introduces ‘Love,’ ‘Wow,’ ‘Haha’, Goes Beyond 'Likes' / Download Mozilla Firefox For Java Phone Here!!! / Configure Proxy Settings In Mozilla Firefox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by adewasco2k(m): 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mozilla Introduces the First Browser Built For Developers: Firefox Developer Edition

Developers are critical to the continued success of the Web. The content and apps they create compel us to come back to the Web every day, whether on a computer or mobile phone.

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Firefox, we’re excited to unveil Firefox Developer Edition, the first browser created specifically for developers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg3gyzAkTd0

Firefox Developer Edition also includes all the tools experienced Web developers are familiar with, including:

Valence (previously called Firefox Tools Adapter): lets you develop and debug your app across multiple browsers and devices by connecting the Firefox dev tools to other major browser engines. Valence also extends the awesome tools we’ve built to debug Firefox OS and Firefox for Android to the other major mobile browsers including Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS. So far these tools include our Inspector, Debugger and Console and Style Editor.

WebIDE : allows you to develop, deploy and debug Web apps directly in your browser, or on a Firefox OS device. It lets you create a new Firefox OS app (which is just a web app) from a template, or open up the code of an existing app. From there you can edit the app’s files. It’s one click to run the app in a simulator and one more to debug it with the developer tools.

Responsive Design Mode – see how your website or Web app will look on different screen sizes without changing the size of your browser window.

Page Inspector- examine the HTML and CSS of any Web page and easily modify the structure and layout of a page.

Web Console – see logged information associated with a Web page and use Web Console and interact with a Web page using JavaScript.

JavaScript Debugger – step through JavaScript code and examine or modify its state to help track down bugs.

Network Monitor – see all the network requests your browser makes, how long each request takes and details of each request.

Style Editor – view and edit CSS styles associated with a Web page, create new ones and apply existing CSS stylesheets to any page.

Web Audio Editor – inspect and interact with Web Audio API in real time to ensure that all audio nodes are connected in the way you expect.

* [url=http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=hacks-mozilla-org%20&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=FX10&utm_content=fxdev-hacksblogannouncement]Download Firefox Developer Edition[/url]
* Release Notes

Read Full Article here : Mozilla Introduces the First Browser Built For Developers: Firefox Developer Edition
Re: Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
Space not for sale
Re: Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by Drel2020(m): 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Nice update I think its gonna be cool
Re: Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by adewasco2k(m): 11:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Drel2020:
Nice update I think its gonna be cool

yea, that has been my default browser and i am loving it, i was using mozilla with lots of developers addons before but for this which is solely made for developers, i think its gonna be great, still got few bugs though, but i am expecting updates
Re: Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by jboy01(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Is it for linux only?
Re: Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by moderatorr: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2014
nice move
Re: Mozilla Introduces The First Browser Built For Developers by romme2u: 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
just went to mozilla developer network this morning to check out some documentation on image scaling. Lo and behold firefox developer edition was introduce on the screen (lately i have been writing my css (live css editing with the style editor) and javascript with firefox development tools and i can tell u it rocks), sharperly without wasting of time i download and run it.

Mennnnnnnnnnnn, this is the development environment i have been looking for, for ages. mozilla just kills this. With responsive and adaptive design techniques washing the web, mozilla could not do it better than to integrate tools for it.

NO MORE cross-browser and cross-platform testing except for good ol IE (though i just download it, i am salivating on the features it provides considering that i am working on a project that requires responsive design off course combine with adaptive techniques for my images).

(1) (Reply)

Google Refused To Accept Your Adsense Request? Or They Just Refused To Pay You! / Create A Bulksms Portal Within 2 Minutes With WHSMS / Facebook Flaw Allows Anyone To Create How Many 'Likes' They Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.