Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! (1274 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs Congo: What Is Your Prediction? / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2014
Hey Nigeria, I am from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I want to congratulate you on your victory.

This game was weird for me given that it took me into some sort of emotional roller coaster. While watching the game, I was torn between my allegiance for our neighboring Congo and my support for Keshi and Enyeama. As much as I wanted Congo to beat the Super Eagle, I never want to see Enyeama concede a goal. Also, a victory for Congo would amount to more threads against Keshi on Nairaland which is something I hate to see.

When Nigeria scored the first goal, I was sad that our Congolese neighbors were trailing behind. Then, few minutes later, I was so happy that they were given a chance to equalize through a penalty kick. My heart overflowed with joy when Enyeama stopped the penalty kick. I never want to see him concede a goal. And, at the end of the game, I saw Keshi smiling and I was happy.
Anyway, that was just so weird given that I didn’t know who to support.

On another note, I think there is a great probability that the person who wrote the article "congo fans attack super eagles" may have misinterpreted what had happened. Usually in this part of the world (in the 2 Congo’s), fans have the habit of throwing bottles or rocks at their own players or the coach in case of loss.

I wasn't present in the stadium to say what really happened but chances are the attack by the fans was aimed at their own team and NOT at the super eagles.

Much love to you Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by alabiyemmy(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2014
nice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by cirmuell(m): 8:52am On Nov 17, 2014
whichever it is, it's a barbaric act.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by zizazizu: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
Guy, tell ur congolese brethren to vote Enyeama for bbc website. They should hate the game not the player, kapish?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
zizazizu:
Guy, tell ur congolese brethren to vote Enyeama for bbc website. They should hate the game not the player, kapish?

Will do
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by mikron(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
I love ur write-up bro. One love

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
mikron:
I love ur write-up bro. One love

Merci beaucoup mon frere
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by mikron(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
TheCongo:

Merci beaucoup mon frere
i hope to learn french from u grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
mikron:
i hope to learn french from u grin grin grin

Anytime my brother smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
J'ai gradir en congo tres content de voir un congolais dans ce site

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
mrworldwide1:
J'ai gradir en congo tres content de voir un congolais dans ce site

T'as grandi au Congo? Super ! Je suis aussi ravi de voir qu'il y a beaucoup de Nigerians qui parlent Francais.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Rossikk(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
TheCongo:
Hey Nigeria, I am from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I want to congratulate you on your victory.

This game was weird for me given that it took me into some sort of emotional roller coaster. While watching the game, I was torn between my allegiance for our neighboring Congo and my support for Keshi and Enyeama. As much as I wanted Congo to beat the Super Eagle, I never want to see Enyeama concede a goal. Also, a victory for Congo would amount to more threads against Keshi on Nairaland which is something I hate to see.

When Nigeria scored the first goal, I was sad that our Congolese neighbors were trailing behind. Then, few minutes later, I was so happy that they were given a chance to equalize through a penalty kick. My heart overflowed with joy when Enyeama stopped the penalty kick. I never want to see him concede a goal. And, at the end of the game, I saw Keshi smiling and I was happy.

On another note, I think there is a great probability that the person who wrote the article "congo fans attack super eagles" may have misinterpreted what had happened. Usually in this part of the world (in the 2 Congo’s), fans have the habit of throwing bottles or rocks at their own players or the coach in case of loss.

I wasn't present in the stadium to say what really happened but chances are the attack by the fans was aimed at their own team and NOT at the super eagles.

Good Pan African spirit. Kudos.. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by TONYE001(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
TheCongo:

Du calme mon frère... À la prochain, peut être, vous allez gagner...

Echante Monsieur..

Bonne chance!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by delt2010(m): 4:41am On Nov 19, 2014
Who do you want to be the
BBC African Footballer of the
Year 2014? Click here to vote now..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/african/afoty-vote/2014
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo - What A Weird Game !!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
I JUST VOTE

Who do you want to be the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2014?
Thank you for voting.
The results of this vote are not available to the public at this time.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel, his Dubai fans and their posts / Daily Soccer Betting Tips And Picks / (photo) What Humans See,what Ozil See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.